Cruel Thing Deck, just got it!

Hannafate

I spotted it on eBay, had never heard of it before. Apparently Cruel Thing is a comic book character in Spain. I don't usually go for copyrighted characters in a Tarot deck, but this one just appealed to me. Maybe it's because I have never seen the comic, so I don't feel like I am having someone else tell me what the people in the images are like.

It's so veddy Goth.

Anyway, I am pleased with it, and will do a reading with it soon, and let you know how it goes.

http://lucianovecchio.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/tapatarotconlogo2.gif

http://lucianovecchio.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/13-elarcanosinnombre.gif

rwcarter

I'd seen that deck on eBay but didn't know anything about it and couldn't find any info on it (although I didn't look that hard. Are the Minor Arcana cards scenic or pips? Is that red, white and black color scheme (my favorite!) carried out through the entire deck? How's the card stock?

Rodney

rwcarter

Hannfate,

Thanks for those additional pics! I think I like. I'll have to watch out for this one. If it comes around at the right time for the right price, I'll prob get it.

Rodney

Metafizzypop

I think this deck is stunning. I love it. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more of the Major Arcana, though. But I really would buy the deck just based on what I've seen here.

I'd also like to see the comic book. I like comics; they keep me young.

Alta

Very Goth! And quite appealing. Clean art and true to the overall theme.

Debra

I like the pips. I am always astounded when someone figures out how to convey their meaning primarily by the arrangement of the elements.

karen0205

I saw that deck too and emailed the seller to ask if they could post some pictures of the Minors
because all they had up on the auction were the Major Arcana.
They sent me a message back saying that they didn't know anything about the deck and didn't
have any pictures of the mirrors ha ha ha ha!

I guess they really don't know anything about the deck!

Thanks for posting the pictures of the minors. I had a feeling they weren't illustrated or the seller
would have posted some of them too. Usually they look at the cards and think
the minors are too plain to post pictures of.

I read that it's a comic book artist who decided to do a deck with his characters
from the comics. Pretty much the same thing you found out.

karenquilter

Cool deck!
K

Tansey Ella

I googled it but mostly in non English and can't find a way to get the deck. I agree it would be an interesting deck to own. if anyone finds a link to order it please post.