Cruel Thing Deck, just got it!

Hathor

Everyone should own a copy of the Cruel Thing ! I rushed and ordered this thing of beauty 2 seconds after I saw the online scans. Got it straight from Alida.

MoonGypsy

i still can't warm up to this deck even with all of the gushing i am hearing...i still still need a whole lot more enabling...
but that is a different thread. :p i really WANT to love this deck...

Maybe i would feel differently if i actually held it in my hands...

Maybe i just can't get past the title...which i really abhor, i have to admit...

strings of life

MoonGypsy said:
i still can't warm up to this deck even with all of the gushing i am hearing...i still still need a whole lot more enabling...

Maybe i just can't get past the title...which i really abhor, i have to admit...
Oh, I'll be the enabler :laugh:.

* will hop off to that other thread if need be *

The pips are what do it for this deck. They are most interesting and unique. They are illustrated (don't listen to anyone who tells you that they aren't, ha!).

I am the bright and bold deck queen and I normally love my cards exploding with colors. The black, white and red works. This deck is dark, sharp and has a twisted sense of humor, and is a joy to read with.

The art is anime/manga-style, and even if that's not to your liking, the drawings are stellar (in my opinion).

But, again - the pips!

The title is based of a comic by the way...

Lillie

MoonGypsy said:

Don't even look at the comic then...

strings of life

Lillie said:
Don't even look at the comic then...
Ha, yeah, MoonGypsy, you may want to steer away from it...

;)

Somehow its becoming one of my favorite reading decks. I have been searching for a deck to tote around with me for readings at Burning Man. Found it. Of course it would be this deck. The journey of a lifetime, and thankfully I have a spare on the way (in case this one doesn't survive).

My boyfriend finds it odd looking and scary. How is that so (shakes head). He's a guy. I find it oddly comforting. I don't know what that says about me, ha.

Markeeta

wow I stumbled on to the cruel thing deck and I really want it
Hope it doesn't freak clients out though lol I'll ask them to pick left or right, if they pick right its the rider deck if they pick left its the cruel thing tarot.
That way i'll feel like they chose it and wont feel bad if they freak out