Crying To Your Deck Silly Question Have You Ever?

hunter

When I'm in a really bad state I pick one card each from about 15 different decks. I have purposefully collected a few decks that say mean things as well as some that only say good things. It's like inviting all the neighbors over, the wonderful ones and the irritating ones and even the crazy and senile ones.

They each give their advice. If I pick a card that really hurts my feelings from an oracle deck that tends to do that, I pick a card from a trustworthy deck to defend me and lay it next to the bitchy one.

My cards don't just talk to me, they talk to each other. I am so waiting for the dark angel deck to come out, and duke it out with the Dorian Virtue cards.

olivia1

alonewiththesea said:
It sounds so stupid to say and I'd never admit this to my friends because well no one would understand it but i just wondered secretly do any of you ever do this with your cards bond with them by talking to your card stock?
id love to hear experiances and stories :)
alonewiththesea

no, I secretly do not cry and vent to my cards. I dont use the cards when I am upset. The only time I talk to them is when I am asking a question (and I do it in my head, so I don't know if that counts?). When you're reading and crying to your cards, do you find that the cards you draw actually fit the situation and help bring insight? If so, that's not a bad idea. Or do you just do it just to vent?

SunChariot

alonewiththesea said:
So recently alot has been going on me and my boyfriend broke up and its been a really hard experiance since it centered around infidelity, i found AT right before this happened. I love the people here I have found so many people going through experiances and being able to read and cope with each other has been great.

That being said aside from people sometimes in my life away from the computer I am busy, I have alot of friends but I'm viewed as some what of the outcast no one really understands my eccentricities I irritate the crap out of people with my non stop talking about astrology, tarot, spirituality and the things I love which I'm finding out alot of people i know in my age group mid 20's have not found who they are yet and don't understand why I'm so passionate about these things some times my best friend is my deck, sometimes especially recently when I'm breaking down and reading for understanding for myself I sit and cry talking to my deck and im not talking about a few tears I mean full on crying telling them how hurt I am and why and explaining my life. It sounds so stupid to say and I'd never admit this to my friends because well no one would understand it but i just wondered secretly do any of you ever do this with your cards bond with them by talking to your card stock? Sometimes I think its bad for me to do it because of the negative energy but for me i just cant hold it in.

id love to hear experiances and stories :)
alonewiththesea

That was such a beautiful open-hearted message!:heart: I have no doubt that you will soon have many friends here on AT to share your passion for Tarot with and who will understand that part of you well.

I'm so sorry for your hard experience. But I think that is part of the reason you found Tarot when you did, to help comfort you through this time. I do believe everythign in life happens for a good reason, including the timing of when things happen.

I found Tarot just after I lost the man I have loved most in my life (for the second time). I was somewhat of wreck emotionally at the time, to say the least, but yes Tarot was a big comfort to me and helped see me through.

And my cards are even responsible for my meeting my current man that I love most. I was about to quit my job, the cards said not to, I stayed, he started working there 10 days later...without my cards I would have quit and we never would have met. And he is very special. The only time in my life I felt love at first sight.

To answer your question, if I talk to my cards.... I don't have a monologue with them. But I talk to them and let them answer. Eg not asking questions, but Like I will say something, pull a card and let them answer, say somethitn else pull another card like a conversation. Eg I will say "I'm confused" and pull a card and see what it has to say about that, and respond to that and pull another card to respond to what I said...Sometimes i have conversatioin wtih them in that way, instead of asking questions we just talk....and have a conversation.

I also sometimes do a meditation where i "enter" the card and have a conversation wtih teh main character there and just "hear" the answers inside me.

But whatever you do with your cards, if you enjoy it and it feels good to you, just go for it. We all work differently with our cards, but just be you and follow what feels right to you.

I wish you all the best and all the joy and wonder Tarot can bring

Babs