Crystal Ball

thinbuddha

LittleBuddha said:
I only have a clear ball........Does anyone use one like that?

I can't speak from experience, but from what I've seen on the net, it appears that clear quartz balls are prefered by many who scry. Even if it is a glass ball, you should be able to use it- but don't assume that because it doesn't have inclusions that it can't be quartz- they can melt down quartz and work with it like glass.

Little Baron

Thanks TB. I have been trying a little (recommended 10 mins at a time) but so far, nothing has happened. Getting the lighting right etc is a problem. Have been lighting distant candles but still manage to see my reflection.

LB

thinbuddha

I've seen it suggested that you place the candle behind you so that no candle light falls directly on your face or the ball. I really haven't had the time alone to do much- and I'm having a hard time picturing how this set up will work, but you might give it a try.

Emily

LittleBuddha said:
Thanks TB. I have been trying a little (recommended 10 mins at a time) but so far, nothing has happened. Getting the lighting right etc is a problem. Have been lighting distant candles but still manage to see my reflection.

LB

This is the problem I get also - I can get so distracted by light playing around the globe, then colour seems to reflect off everything and ends up in the globe too. When I first bought my crysal ball, its clear crystal, my 9 yr old got so excited because he thought he could see a rainbow in it, it was very pretty but it was just relections.

I had a bit of a breakthrough a few months ago, I saw clouds but nothing I could make sense of and that never happened again.

I can scry much easier on something that has a little colour to it, there is a cream marble tile I use that always gives me animals and little scenes but again its very hard to make sense of them.

sharpchick

Emily said:
I can scry much easier on something that has a little colour to it, there is a cream marble tile I use that always gives me animals and little scenes but again its very hard to make sense of them.

I don't worry about making sense of what I see at the time (unless the meaning or connection is obvious), but I do journal what I see so I can review it over time. If I cannot tell what an image is, I try to draw it in my journal and sometimes over time, it becomes clearer.

celticnoodle

Emily & all, my daughter also has a crystal ball and she has very good luck with hers. she uses hers more than i do mine though. she did as LittleBuddha mentioned, started out only scrying 10 minutes at a time, as after that she would get tired and a headache. now though, she seems to get 'lost' in it spending many minutes scrying and she sees many things.

just before she began to see images, she could see the clouds forming, as you mentioned, emily. this encouraged her and she kept with it, so Emily, if you are seeing clouds, just stick with it for awhile. When she first began to see images, she did not know how or what to make of them until I mentioned looking the images up in dream book. tehn it all began to make sense to her. now she is seeing lots of things with people she knows in it, both living and deceased. she says it is like a mini movie or television show. sometimes it is still hard for her to decipher all that she sees, but she also gets a gut feeling with the meanings or symbols along with the 'pictures' of the people. these symbols she still looks up in a dream book, and then all begins to make sense.

i guess the ball is what is good for her, and as much as i wish i could use the ball too, i am more drawn to teh cards. she also has tarot cards, but is more drawn to the ball. to each their own, but i will still occaisionally draw out my ball to try.

Emily

Hi celticnoodle,

I never thought of looking up images in a dream book - your daughter describes it well - when I use my tile it is like a mini movie, you move your eyes for a second and the image will change and something else will be clearer. But I can't make out what these images try to say to me.

I'd love to be able to use my crystal ball like I do the tile - thanks for the suggestion of using a dream book. :)

thinbuddha

It has been one of those weeks- I haven't had a lot of time at night to do much with my crystal ball. I have spent a lot of time looking at it, but not so much when things are quiet and the environment is right for quiet contemplation.

Last night, I finally got a bit of time. I can see that this is going to take some practice- learning how to let go. I was surprised to have some results on my first go. I saw the haze forming that so many people talk about as being a step that comes after weeks of trying- But the thing is that as soon as it starts forming- the very instant- my eye tries to lock on it, and it goes away. So I'm thinking that it will be best if I can learn to see without looking. It sounds like something I can do, but it may be harder than it sounds.

Here was a page that had some interesting things to say about getting started:

http://www.homestead.com/crystalforest1/howtoscry.html

To quote from the helpful page:

helpful page said:
This is a very important exercise to master if you are new to scrying or are having trouble receiving images. It will aid your "visual imagination," which allows your psychic and physical eyes to see clearly together. It gives clairvoyant strength.

Sit before your mirror and begin to imagine objects on its surface, one after another. You should try to see these images clearly in the mirror with your eyes open, just as if they were there in reality. Try simple shapes or colors first. Hold onto the image of each shape, object or color one minute before dissolving it and going on to the next. For example, use a red triangle, a yellow square, a blue circle and silver crescent; see them appear in the mirror using your firm imagination. For best results, do this exercise every day for 15 minutes until it is mastered.

This exercise is well worth the effort; it gives magickal discipline and strengthens the inner eye so visions can come with clarity and ease.

I can see continuing this exercize with progressively more complex shapes, adding multiple colors, movements- all the way up to real objects and people.

Now I'm not sure how to make the transition from projecting images to receiving images, but this seems like a reasonable place to start if you are having troubles seeing anything at all.

-tb

Mi-Shell

Hi there! Since many years I use crystal balls and other aids to go into trance and "see"
A crystal ball in itself acts as nothing other than a "psychological disturber" for the optic nerve: when you look closely at the convex? outer shape of the ball both your eyes focus on / in a different angle and the combined picture does not match to a concrete picture that the brain can read and therefore it partially switches of.If you stare into the middle of the ball nothing will happen because your optic nerves will transmit one coherent picture to the brain, that can be interpreted by yout phantasy or even worse- your thoughts.....
On the other hand being still and just gazing = without thinking, checking and evaluating = getting your mind empty like in meditation, puts you into an Alpha brain wave state. That is when you start to see the" milky clouds" Then it depends if you have a predilection for full trance = theta state. That is when you will "see"!!
I can use a crystal ball for that or just a bowl with any liquid, since I go into full trance easy. I also use drums and drumming as another "psychological disturber" to access trance, ( I drum on a regular= daily basis and often also put my clients "under" like that..) You also can use other forms of music - or a dripping faucet -- or driving in heavy snow = a big problem, when you live up here in Ontario....
to gaze effectively you have to know your range of vision so that you put the crystal so close that both your eyes transmit a different picture. For me ( without glasses) that is 6.5 to 8 cm away from my eyeballs
Have fun!
Mi-Shell

thinbuddha

Mi-Shell said:
If you stare into the middle of the ball nothing will happen because your optic nerves will transmit one coherent picture to the brain, that can be interpreted by yout phantasy or even worse- your thoughts.....

Hi MiShell, thanks for the reply. Am I reading this right? Are you saying that you have had better success when focusing your eyes to the outter surface of the ball? It seems like everywhere else I've seen reference to crystal ball scrying, they say they are looking into the center of the ball.

Also, it sounds like you are describing the effect of seeing a double image of the ball that your brain can't stitch together because the ball is so close to your face- It's helpfull to hear someone say this- because the whole idea of "defocusing" your eyes brings on this double vision effect, and nobody else has said this, so I wasn't sure if I was understanding the "defocusing" in the right way.

-tb