Crystal sound and vibration

wildchilde

WildChilde, you will now have to explain why your lineage and ancestors came from the stars - I have GOT to know! loL! How can you leave us casually hanging like that...? ;p
I am now imagining you to be very tall and blond with pointy ears, like the elves who once roamed Ireland and Scotland and were thought to be the star children...

pththththththth! I nearly spit my coffee all over my keyboard when I read this! ROFLMAO!! Tall and/or blonde has never been how anyone would describe me! LOL I suppose I can see how you would come to this imaginative conclusion, since there are many peoples the world over who have star knowledge/creation stories involving our "fall from the heavens".

I am Native American. However, I am not a traditional storyteller so I guess I will have to leave you hanging a bit on that as I have not been entrusted with all the stories and their retelling. Also, most of our stories are only to be told at certain times of year for certain reasons. I did find for you an interesting website that gives some good star knowledge from a few different native traditions. *major disclaimer* be careful about anything you read on the internet involving native "traditions" as most of it is complete bunk or so convoluted or confused it is pitiful.

I guess my basic question though was about the other chakras. As in, if one is root or sacral, then should one work to integrate the others more? And do crystals help to do that? While your answer about everyone having their own sound and chakra fingerprint was understood, I was interested to hear about you feeling "recalibrated" by someone making the lower tones.

My personal goal is to work at balancing my chakras so that one or a few are not stronger or overpowering to others. I find that many people believe that "balance" is something to be achieved and then forgotten as though once you have it you will always have it, however, this is not true. our energy centers fluctuate a lot and any number of influences can put us "off balance" at any given time. Therefore (for me) it is the act of working to maintain a harmonious balance that is the true goal.

As to whether to work on a core strength or work on integrating others, I think the answer depends on the individual and the situation. Often it may be best to work on a core strength (something you know you already possess) so that you can become familiar with what this feels/looks/tastes/smells like in the real world. Once you understand your strength(s) you can then better address your weakness(es). If, however, you have an immediate need to address (like the back pain you healed with black tourmaline) then that is different. You intuitively knew what and where and took action. This again came from the strength you already have in your root chakra.

I personally feel that working to balance and integrate all of your chakras should be done relatively slowly and carefully. Yes, I do believe that crystals can help us to do this.

I will be buying that audio download, btw - his voice is deep and pleasing and C note-ish! lol...I am fascinated by his view. I listened to the sample and enjoyed his metaphor about the orchestra, and about how a modern doctor would treat that problem! lol! off with their heads! ;p :)

oohhh, I am so glad you found it useful and interesting. Yes, he does have a very nice deep voice. I think once you begin to work with him via the download you will understand much more about vocal toning and about feeling "recalibrated" to vibrations that you may currently be having issues with. This is a large part of finding the balance/harmony within and without. As Above, So Below ;)

Padma

pththththththth! I nearly spit my coffee all over my keyboard when I read this! ROFLMAO!! Tall and/or blonde has never been how anyone would describe me! LOL I suppose I can see how you would come to this imaginative conclusion, since there are many peoples the world over who have star knowledge/creation stories involving our "fall from the heavens".

Hahahaha! It made me laugh to see you laugh like that :) also made me laugh at myself - "psychic" indeed! ;p Maybe your "original face" was tall and blonde with pointy ears lol! Just not this time around ;)

I am Native American. However, I am not a traditional storyteller so I guess I will have to leave you hanging a bit on that as I have not been entrusted with all the stories and their retelling. Also, most of our stories are only to be told at certain times of year for certain reasons. I did find for you an interesting website that gives some good star knowledge from a few different native traditions. *major disclaimer* be careful about anything you read on the internet involving native "traditions" as most of it is complete bunk or so convoluted or confused it is pitiful.

I am part Cree/Montagnais from Canada myself, so I understand about the loads of crap out there ;p but I was not really raised with Native tradition, as my mom was not from that lineage and was not interested - and so dad never talked about it much. :( We were never encouraged to partake or learn from that part of our culture, either...so I am playing a bit of catch-up here and there. :) thanks for the link!

My personal goal is to work at balancing my chakras so that one or a few are not stronger or overpowering to others. I find that many people believe that "balance" is something to be achieved and then forgotten as though once you have it you will always have it, however, this is not true. our energy centers fluctuate a lot and any number of influences can put us "off balance" at any given time. Therefore (for me) it is the act of working to maintain a harmonious balance that is the true goal.

Good point...well taken.

As to whether to work on a core strength or work on integrating others, I think the answer depends on the individual and the situation. Often it may be best to work on a core strength (something you know you already possess) so that you can become familiar with what this feels/looks/tastes/smells like in the real world. Once you understand your strength(s) you can then better address your weakness(es).

That was why I thought this thread was so awesome... :) and AT in general, anyways. because the better we get to know ourselves, the better we can heal and grow and connect!

I personally feel that working to balance and integrate all of your chakras should be done relatively slowly and carefully. Yes, I do believe that crystals can help us to do this.

Interesting - "Rome was not built in a day" and "all roads lead to Rome" comes to mind here...

****as an aside: if any of you are interested in more of the whole resonance thing, and how it connects to psychic healing and tools, N1ghts0ng has taken it a step further, and connected it to the Tarot as well. Please check out and comment on her wonderful new thread on the subject in "talking Tarot" :) ****

frac_ture

I think the most fascinating thing about sound and vibration I´ve ever read is that the stars and the whole universe vibrate at certain frequencies.
There is no air so there is no actual sound out there but the vibration is there. So in theory "the Sound/Music of the Spheres" the ancients talked about is true.
*If* we could hear Universe as sound it would be very interesting cosmic music.

Black holes vibrate at C which is 57 octaves below middle C
and a dying star vibrates at about middle-C. Supernova explosions also emit a vibration that could theoretically be a sound.

Hemera, this is just awesome information!! I guess it certainly makes sense that things like black holes and stars might vibrate at frequencies that can be determined as notes, but I'd never heard it discussed before (and I'm a bit amazed that the human race can successfully land on the proper notes, too!). How cool! And they come out at C, huh? Totally fascinating...

I'm glad that the online keyboard proved helpful to a few people! I figured not everyone would have musical instruments lying around, and unless you do, it would be kind of impossible to know what an "A," for instance, would sound like, versus any other note.

And so speaking of our own personal results, isn't it true, wildchilde, that you also came up with B, as I did, and you also like amethyst (a purple stone, and a crown chakra-related one), like I do...? I wonder if everyone's tones and tastes in crystals line up like that, too, with them liking the stones and colors that correspond to the chakra that matches their personal sound-tone...? (Or am I misremembering about the amethyst part? I can't find the reference I thought I'd read earlier...)

This is all really interesting. I've been studying and practicing Reiki for a few months now, and I'm becoming intrigued by other things that might be added to the healing effort alongside the energy work (things like sound, color, crystals...). Great discussion!

Padma

I wonder if everyone's tones and tastes in crystals line up like that, too, with them liking the stones and colors that correspond to the chakra that matches their personal sound-tone...? (Or am I misremembering about the amethyst part? I can't find the reference I thought I'd read earlier...)

Frac_ture, for sure I resonate to C and F and I love red and black stones (C, and Root chakra) and I love green stones! (F , and Heart chakra). N1ghts0ng resonated to a higher key that seemed to go with the fluorite/colours/personality traits he/she enjoys. :) hope that helps!

And, you bet, that keyboard came in darned handy! lol!

N1ghts0ng

he... :D

that keyboard was extrememly handy!! i love the black, green, and purple stones, but it's odd that i didn't feel much of a resonance with C and F.

Frac_ture, for sure I resonate to C and F and I love red and black stones (C, and Root chakra) and I love green stones! (F , and Heart chakra). N1ghts0ng resonated to a higher key that seemed to go with the fluorite/colours/personality traits he/she enjoys. :) hope that helps!

And, you bet, that keyboard came in darned handy! lol!

N1ghts0ng

This is all really interesting. I've been studying and practicing Reiki for a few months now, and I'm becoming intrigued by other things that might be added to the healing effort alongside the energy work (things like sound, color, crystals...). Great discussion!

frac_ture - i've used crystals with reiki treatments a lot. not taking away anything from reiki as i love it immensely, but i think that if crystals are good, reiki is good, then crystals and reiki must be great!
I use the combination a lot with chakra balancing where i lay stones on the corresponding chakra points, and then use reiki to assist with balancing.

not sure if this would be a good place to post it, but if you'd like to know more then pm me and i can let you know

wildchilde

Lotus Padma said:
Hahahaha! It made me laugh to see you laugh like that also made me laugh at myself - "psychic" indeed! ;p Maybe your "original face" was tall and blonde with pointy ears lol! Just not this time around

:D LOL could be! I always thought the pointy ears was because I was a Vulcan, though. ;)

And so speaking of our own personal results, isn't it true, wildchilde, that you also came up with B, as I did, and you also like amethyst (a purple stone, and a crown chakra-related one), like I do...? I wonder if everyone's tones and tastes in crystals line up like that, too, with them liking the stones and colors that correspond to the chakra that matches their personal sound-tone...? (Or am I misremembering about the amethyst part? I can't find the reference I thought I'd read earlier...)

I certainly love the amethyst and tend to prefer crystals that are green, pink, blue, dark blue, violet, or white. However, there are exceptions and I don't remember ever being just absolutely "repulsed" by a stone like some have stated (which is what started this whole discussion anyways!)

I have been a Reiki Master/Teacher for many years and am only just now being called to learn more about crystal healing! I wish I had put the attention to it before now as I am finding it exciting and fascinating (see...Vulcan!). I have always had a few amethysts and quartz points around and collected one or two other stones along the way, but never really gave it much thought otherwise until now. I think it is wonderful that you are already learning about crystals and how to utilize them in other healing work.

Padma

:D LOL could be! I always thought the pointy ears was because I was a Vulcan, though. ;)

I have been a Reiki Master/Teacher for many years and am only just now being called to learn more about crystal healing! I wish I had put the attention to it before now as I am finding it exciting and fascinating (see...Vulcan!).

LOL! I will tell you a thing, then: I always refer to bonding and meditating with my crystals as "doing a Vulcan Mind-Meld" with the stone in question. :) it really very accurately describes how it feels! :D

Padma

Curious - were you just laughing, or laughing at the "he/she" reference I made, or are you a he, or were you laughing at the word he? :bugeyed: hahaha! ;) of course you need not answer that! lol...mysterious N1ghts0ng!

i love the black, green, and purple stones, but it's odd that i didn't feel much of a resonance with C and F.

that is interesting - though I do think purple is on the brow/crown chakra end of things...?
I do like Alexandrite, which can either show as purple or raspberry, or purple or green in certain stones and certain lights. (dual natured stone, and I believe your birthstone as well as mine, because we are both Gemini) however, I do not resonate at all with the high notes - they grate terribly! Not sure how to explain this one...but you can't bend facts to fit theory ;p

N1ghts0ng

Curious - were you just laughing, or laughing at the "he/she" reference I made, or are you a he, or were you laughing at the word he? :bugeyed: hahaha! ;) of course you need not answer that! lol...mysterious N1ghts0ng!

that is interesting - though I do think purple is on the brow/crown chakra end of things...?
I do like Alexandrite, which can either show as purple or raspberry, or purple or green in certain stones and certain lights. (dual natured stone, and I believe your birthstone as well as mine, because we are both Gemini) however, I do not resonate at all with the high notes - they grate terribly! Not sure how to explain this one...but you can't bend facts to fit theory ;p

i was amused by the "he/she" comment. yeah, i'm a he

i don't think i've had the opportunity to work with alexandrite. i'll have to go visit a friend of mine and she if she has any at her shop.