Crystal Study Group: Pearl

Padma

LOL I can just imagine a punk chick wearing pearls. My image of pearls is a woman with her hair pulled up and a string of pearls...usually the ones in the middle being bigger and then getting smaller the farther up the string they are. Also I'm thinking pearls were always used to "dress up" an outfit. Pearls being equated with elegance.

Lotus you might very well try the pearls and see what effect they have. 3 flashes a day is an understatement. When I think of it I'll replace the pearl earring with something else and see what happens......then I can come back here and tell all : )

I was actually thinking about wearing my pearls, but with a chunk of Vesuvianite hanging in the middle...dunno, just got the idea to mix them and see what happens. So I will wait till we are doing combos, or start a combo thread :) I have noticed my hot flashes have reduced by half simply by dropping my evening cocktail, and having water instead! Thanks for the recommendation, though, and I absolutely agree with your image of them!

wildchilde

I'm sorry, Hemera, somehow I completely missed this thread! All very interesting posts. I can't say I have ever been uber attracted to pearls, either. I seem to have always had unpleasant experiences with them...first, I remember as a little girl, I picked up my mother's favorite necklace which was of course a lovely strand of pearls and somehow the hand-knotted string just disintegrated in my hands and the pearls went everywhere. She actually handled the catastrophe pretty well but I know she was very upset and I was distraught that I accidentally destroyed something she loved.

The next experience I had with pearls was an ex-boyfriend gave me a strand of pearls when I was 20. Apparently I didn't show the "proper" amount of adoration for the fact that he had bought a (cheap) strand of pearls for me and it became a huge fight. Then I ended up having to wear them all the time to make it up to him until one night (we were heavy drinkers back then--I have been sober now for many moons!) I got very drunk and while unburdening my system at the porcelain god I inadvertently got the pearl strand saturated. Needless to say it never smelled too great after that and I never liked wearing it anyways so I put it away (after trying to air it out!). I may still have it somewhere but have not worn it in years and years. Besides, who wants to be reminded of all that, especially in connection with a lush ex-boyfriend. LOL

I do love the re-purposing idea though and am curious about the hot-flash affect as I know a few women who might benefit from that info right now, and I am sure in the not too distant future so will I! (guess I better find those pearls and have them at the ready!)

DownwardSpiral

I do love the re-purposing idea though and am curious about the hot-flash affect as I know a few women who might benefit from that info right now, and I am sure in the not too distant future so will I! (guess I better find those pearls and have them at the ready!)

After reading your experiences with pearls I can't say I blame you for not exactly being crazy about them.

I was going to take my earring out just to see if the hot flashes came back but since working with the lepidolite I keep getting hit with flashes....although not so sure if these are hot flashes as I don't feel quite as flush in the face...it's more so my body gets hot. So for the time being I left my earring in.