Crystal Tarots

tigerlily

I ordered this deck - a sure sign that I'm recovering from burnout :D take a look:

http://www.wicce.com/divetro.jpg

Nice, huh? And it's a complete 78-card deck, not only 22 cards as the Aeclectic review says.

Jeannette

Tigerlily:

The Crystal Tarot is a gorgeous deck. I'm sure you'll love it.

It was originally a 22-card deck. Lo Scarabeo published the major arcana on larger cards as part of its "Tarocchi d'Arte" series. (A lot of LS decks were originally released this way -- as a high-quality 22-card version, and then later expanded to the 78-card "mass market" version.) The d'Arte edition uses an odd cardstock that has subtle, textured bands running through it. The result is that the cards almost shine or glow when held at a certain angle under a light. It's quite interesting. I always love "complete" 78 card decks, but this is definitely one for which I highly recommend the 22-card edition as well.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Cocobird55

I recently bought this deck, and I'm enjoying it a lot. The art is beautiful, and the one card readings I've done with it have been right on target.l

Sue

catlin

I also have it in my collection but I still have not tried out its reading capacities.

tigerlily

I think it's curious that she connected Cups with air and Swords with water, though! The Queen of Swords is Cancer !?! I know of the Wands/Swords debate, but I've never seen *this* combination before! Too bad that there isn't a book coming with the deck - I'd really like to know what propelled her to change the elemental attributions.

Maan

I have it too but only to admire the artwork.
I can not do read with this deck :(

And those cards are so small! The artwork deserves more space IMO

tigerlily

The cards should definitely be bigger! But if someone wants to read with them, they have the ideal size for shuffling. I don't intend to use them for readings, so I'd have liked them to be a bit bigger ...

Jewel

hmmmmmm ... never realized the switch between swords and cups ... I will have to check this out tonight! I sure would like to know what she was thinking as well, this is a new one for me too!

Kyrielle

I recently got this deck and I love the art. I haven't read with it yet, but I will soon. To me, I think it would work as a reading deck, but obviously this is not true for everyone. It's beautiful even if all you can do is just look at it, I'd think.

---Kyrielle

Kyrie Blue

When I was pondering which deck to make my first, I read about the difference of cups and swords in the Crystals Tarot in a review. That was pretty much the only reason I did not get it, as a newbie to tarot, I thought it wise to stick to a deck with the usual connections. Otherwise, that deck is beautiful!