De-Enabling Thread

AJ

Arcus Arcanum

the wet dream of a grammer school choreographer
the 8's kick here
the 4's swoon there
It was reprinted just a year or two ago, can be had Much cheaper.

willoe

*slinks in*

Someone tell me why I shouldn't buy a Mme Lenormand deck. I took a few months off of tarot because life happened, and now I come back and I want all the decks. :/

Carla

lenormand

*slinks in*

Someone tell me why I shouldn't buy a Mme Lenormand deck. I took a few months off of tarot because life happened, and now I come back and I want all the decks. :/

'Cause they're useless. If you're like me you'll sit and look at them occasionally out of guilt, but never use them. Because they are useless.

Emily

Lenormand

*slinks in*

It's a whole new system to have to learn, combining cards, you will have to use at least a simple spread, you won't get enough information from just one card.

Also I have only two decent books on the Lenormand which are written in English, but there seems to be many more written in French. The decks are small and cheap so you won't want to just buy one, you'll want them all, you might even spend months tracking down one with English verses on and then find Amazon is selling a brand new reprint of it, especially when you've given up all hope of getting one with English verses on.

Also you might spend hours printing out any useful information you can about these little addictive cards because resources about them, written in English, are slim. You might even spend hours in the Lenormand section here, reading through and printing out, takes loads of paper and ink. :)

Carla

That's not very de-enabling, Emily! ;)

euripides

Lenormand

I totally don't get these cards. They aren't very attractive and the meanings seem either tacked on, or rather one-dimensional. There's no depth. I know some people spend many happy hours with them, but personally, I don't see the point. Sorry, but they just aren't Tarot.

(this IS the DE enabling thread, after all, folks. Lenormand afficionadoes look the other way!)

Carla

I totally don't get these cards. They aren't very attractive and the meanings seem either tacked on, or rather one-dimensional. There's no depth. I know some people spend many happy hours with them, but personally, I don't see the point. Sorry, but they just aren't Tarot.

(this IS the DE enabling thread, after all, folks. Lenormand afficionadoes look the other way!)

Precisely! Useless!

Pollux

...a comic book artist. I'm sure woefully underpaid as all artists are....
If I'm spending time on a daily basis with a deck, I want it to be created with a bit more TLC than the images which are pumped out for mass-market consumption every week
Oh boy. This de-enables a whole bunch of decks and probably almost everything from the *cough cough ahem* publishing company.

Now this is something! LOL
I had to grip hold of my chair after reading this LOL

What it TLC? :look:

willoe

Thanks, y'all! I think I'm de-enabled on the Lenormand. :)

Now this is something! LOL
I had to grip hold of my chair after reading this LOL

What it TLC? :look:

TLC = Tender Loving Care