dealing with headaches/energy loss?

QofWands

Hello Everyone,

I have recently decided to go whole hog and become professional after about 20 years of dabbling part time in Tarot. I advertized with a very low rate with a circular in my area and since I have been doing 15 readings a week, minimum on top of a fair or festival every other weekend. They are all face to face. I am hoping this will boost my client base.

I am getting stronger intuitively and it is amazing to watch myself really grow into a competent reader. However, ever since I started up the increase in readings I have had a headaches for about two weeks straight that I cannot seem to shake. I think it might be something I am doing/not doing in terms of energy or connection.

Other than that, it has been an amazing, interesting, sometimes scary journey. :D Any advice you have would be great. thanks!

Sulis

Are you drinking enough water? I know that when I read face to face it drains me and I get a dry mouth too.. Make sure you're fully hydrated.

Tarotiana

errr..Here is your intuition speaking through me: ;-)

what you are experiencing is a hint of your body to change the way you work: Increase your rates, and work less for more money. You need more time to regenerate, or you will experience a readers burn out quite soon.

Longterm solution: Invest more time in marketing, and less time doing cheap readings.

QofWands

true

what you are experiencing is a hint of your body to change the way you work: Increase your rates, and work less for more money. You need more time to regenerate, or you will experience a readers burn out quite soon.

Longterm solution: Invest more time in marketing, and less time doing cheap readings.

Ha true enough... my main rate is fair but this was just an initial blast... to raise money and find new clients... in order to advertise some more.

Tarotiana

mhhhh my experience with cheap blast prices was, that the clients you attracted with cheap prices, leave you as soon as you raise your prices....

So quickly take the money that you earned so hard, and invest it in something that makes your client base among financially more attractive clients grow :)
With the sad thing being with marketing investments, that you never really know if the money is well invested. - or just gone.

Still it is always better try something, because usually alwys some part of your marketing budget gets puppies (produces more then you invested. You first only do not know which part it will be. So you need to invest more, and try different things out, especially at the beginning :)

lotus2blossom

I'd agree with this. Plus I'd also like to add to be sure that you balance out some peaceful break time for yourself and some "you" time where you can exercise, be out in nature, meditate, listen to peaceful music, etc. Basically anything that works for you so that you can get re-connected to your intuition after all the mind activity and dealing with so many different energies around you.

And yes, water is big as well (I think I've realized the importance of that more lately) and remembering to really BREATH.

divinerofcards

Hello Everyone,

I have recently decided to go whole hog and become professional after about 20 years of dabbling part time in Tarot. I advertized with a very low rate with a circular in my area and since I have been doing 15 readings a week, minimum on top of a fair or festival every other weekend. They are all face to face. I am hoping this will boost my client base.

Q,
Good for you for taking that plunge! I think what you've done is a great learning experience. I want to reinforce the water drinking advice others have mentioned. When I meet for my one-on-one meetings I always purchase one water for me and one for my querant and I encourage them to drink some before I shuffle, and all through the reading.

Water is a wonderful conductor of energy. When you look dearly on it with intent to cleanse and purify, it will do that for you. It's vital that both you and your querant consume water during your readings. I hope, that should you do this, your headaches should subside. :)

Best of luck,
Toni

QofWands

thanks

Thanks everyone,

I think I need to work on boundaries with clients who overstay, who expect me to drive a far distance to read for a large group, for people who want to be seen immediately. SIGH and managing self care! What a wonderful learning experience.

lotus2blossom

Thanks everyone,

I think I need to work on boundaries with clients who overstay, who expect me to drive a far distance to read for a large group, for people who want to be seen immediately. SIGH and managing self care! What a wonderful learning experience.

Yeah definitely. Do you have a written code of ethics and policies? You might just want to run through it briefly with them before giving a reading to be sure that what you can and can't do (or will accept and not accept) are understood. I've even updated and refined by policies and ethics every time an issue would come up. Just to be sure that the language is perfectly clear... and, of course, there is always little things that pop up that you don't think about until somebody does it!

Tarotiana

Thanks everyone,

For people that overstay I have found the solution, that when we start the readiing I again state that my time costs x per hour. If they need more time that is perfectly allright. They can pay for it by credit card, if they just have the amount for the hour with them in cash.

This makes sure we both feel better: They can have more time if they need it, and I no longer feel energetically robbed by people that say: I just need a short 30 min reading.....and want to stay 100 minutes for the price of it...

About driving a far distance: That is perfectly allright now with me. I just tell the client that if I have to travel to them for 9 hours and back for the job, being 18 hours on the road for them, they will have me happily entertaining their guests. The price is x $. (Thats 3 paid days (one day to travel there, one day for the show, one to go home.), + cost of driving + 2 nights of hotel + sometimes an assistant.

If they say no, that is allright with me, as I do no longer travel to far and invest to much energy for too little outcome. If they say yes, that's great too :)

About people that want to see me now: If my place looks allright, and I feel alright now, they can,.
If I just returned from a show with my tent and my decoration cluttering up serveral rooms, or me having done a tradeshow with 9 x 40 mins of work yesterday, they can not. I just say no, feel perfectly allright most of the time saying no. (Because somehow I had to learn that being a tarotreader, does not make me a slave every needy wish of my fellow human being... I am allowed to say "no" even though I am a tarot professional. How delightful :)