Death AND 10 of Swords in same reading - confused

moodclad

I just did a reading on a relationship and got Death in the near future and 10 of Swords in the long-term potential.

I'm confused as to if the reading is hammering home that there is no hope for this situation, or is there hope (or is that just an emotional dilution.)

The situation is that he ended our relationship a few months ago. I'm still hoping we can get back together as the major issues were situational. (Well, to my mind anyway.)

Several ways I'm interpreting it:
I will accept the change/ Death of the relationship and come to realize that there is no chance for anything in the longterm and move on to the new dawning
- Or
Things will change with the Death of the separation but the relationship is still doomed to end -

Or things will change with the death of the separation and the relationship will ....

Oh heck - is there any positive way to read 10S for long-term potential?

(I often think of 10S as being overly dramatic or the rock-bottom/ can only go up. But I can't work it into a story in my head coming after Death.)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Padma

I'm really sorry to say this, but I think the cards were saying "Dead is dead, and you can't get deader than this".

To my mind Death reinforced by Ten Swords is saying you are "beating a dead horse" as the old unpleasant saying goes. The message here is move on, or prepare for more defeat and punishing feelings, imo.

:heart: sorry! I wish you better luck next time...and there *will* be a next time, not with him, but in love in general, as the Ten Swords suggests. The sun will rise again, but not on him and you. But you'll have to let bygones be bygones. Bury that one, and move on.

I myself would find it very hard indeed to look at Death followed by Ten Swords and say "oh, wonderful, you get a new stab at it!" and still live with my conscience. There are no rosy posies here. :heart:

Sentient

moodclad, You've asked an excellent question. The short answer is that the cards don't seal our fate ‒ our actions do.

Given the current situation between you and your now-ex, Death speaks to the fact that your romance is likely over. The 10S as 'long-term potential' indicates a situation that is more than done, as a different dawn is arising in the distance, far removed from the remains of the current situation.

That said, the cards show most likely outcomes assuming things don't change significantly. If something substantive were to happen, something unexpected, then the situation between you could change. Whether or not that change would be for the better is impossible to say.

Bottom line: the only thing that's really knowable about the future ‒ with or without tarot cards ‒ is the current trend, and current trends have predictive value. But surprising things happen all the time, like the outcome of the recent election.

The cards are letting you know that as things stand, it will be difficult to change the present reality. If you'd like some idea for what you can do, you should be able to find some suggestions in the other cards in your spread.

moodclad

I'm really sorry to say this, but I think the cards were saying "Dead is dead, and you can't get deader than this".

To my mind Death reinforced by Ten Swords is saying you are "beating a dead horse" as the old unpleasant saying goes. The message here is move on, or prepare for more defeat and punishing feelings, imo.

[emoji813] sorry! I wish you better luck next time...and there *will* be a next time, not with him, but in love in general, as the Ten Swords suggests. The sun will rise again, but not on him and you. But you'll have to let bygones be bygones. Bury that one, and move on.

I myself would find it very hard indeed to look at Death followed by Ten Swords and say "oh, wonderful, you get a new stab at it!" and still live with my conscience. There are no rosy posies here. [emoji813]
Thanks for the honesty. Disappointing ... but not totally unexpected.
The ferociousness of the reading was just unexpected. I wish my guides were a bit less harsh - more gentle, less battering ram.
Sometimes that long dark hallway from one space to another can be hard to travel when your at the point of: can't yet see the light ahead and the light from behind is shut off ....

moodclad

moodclad, You've asked an excellent question. The short answer is that the cards don't seal our fate ‒ our actions do.

Given the current situation between you and your now-ex, Death speaks to the fact that your romance is likely over. The 10S as 'long-term potential' indicates a situation that is more than done, as a different dawn is arising in the distance, far removed from the remains of the current situation.

That said, the cards show most likely outcomes assuming things don't change significantly. If something substantive were to happen, something unexpected, then the situation between you could change. Whether or not that change would be for the better is impossible to say.

Bottom line: the only thing that's really knowable about the future ‒ with or without tarot cards ‒ is the current trend, and current trends have predictive value. But surprising things happen all the time, like the outcome of the recent election.

The cards are letting you know that as things stand, it will be difficult to change the present reality. If you'd like some idea for what you can do, you should be able to find some suggestions in the other cards in your spread.
If your listening Higher Power - Bring on the dawn soon please.

katep

I see the 10 Swords as being 'end of a cycle, time to get up and move on'. So I would read this as Death representing effectively the end of the relationship (I often find that the near future and present are almost interchangeable) and the 10 Swords as saying it's time to lick your wounds and get up.

headincloud

Death and 10S here both carry the same message and it's a powerful statement of the end of the relationship to my mind sorry.

moodclad

I see the 10 Swords as being 'end of a cycle, time to get up and move on'. So I would read this as Death representing effectively the end of the relationship (I often find that the near future and present are almost interchangeable) and the 10 Swords as saying it's time to lick your wounds and get up.
Yep. I can definitely get that with the 10S.
But the bit that complicates things for me is that the relationship is already over, so how does Death play into the current situation?
Is it me finally accepting the death of the relationship and eventually licking my wounds and getting back up?

moodclad

Death and 10S here both carry the same message and it's a powerful statement of the end of the relationship to my mind sorry.
Kinda as if my guides are yelling at me to accept it and move on ....

Ruby Jewel

I just did a reading on a relationship and got Death in the near future and 10 of Swords in the long-term potential.

I'm confused as to if the reading is hammering home that there is no hope for this situation, or is there hope (or is that just an emotional dilution.)

The situation is that he ended our relationship a few months ago. I'm still hoping we can get back together as the major issues were situational. (Well, to my mind anyway.)

Several ways I'm interpreting it:
I will accept the change/ Death of the relationship and come to realize that there is no chance for anything in the longterm and move on to the new dawning
- Or
Things will change with the Death of the separation but the relationship is still doomed to end -

Or things will change with the death of the separation and the relationship will ....

Oh heck - is there any positive way to read 10S for long-term potential?

(I often think of 10S as being overly dramatic or the rock-bottom/ can only go up. But I can't work it into a story in my head coming after Death.)

I won't go into the cards here as the others have already made it painfully clear. I will just say this, Death is a double-edged sword. It is both an ending and a transformation. When one door closes, another one will open. Moving through this, just keep putting one foot in front of the other....without thinking. The mind is quite predictable...if you follow a thought, it will ensnare you. So, do not follow the thought. Count to ten, think about anything but this person. If the relationship were the one you are destined to have, you would have it. The real one is ahead of you. Spend this time getting strong so you will be ready when it comes.