Deck been drawn on and damaged oh no:(

Gracie2k

I purchased a deck online said in good condition they showed the top of the book and some of the cards looking great. Stupidity of the seller OMG they drew on the tarot cards? NO? YES!!! IN INK and in pencil under Roman Numerals needless to say I sent them a message and left negative saying Sacrilege. The box has been ripped on the back. It's like the seller don't deserve anything beautiful in their home. The deck? Intuitive Tarot why oh why in Gods name would anyone be so blase about something and how do you get to simply not care about things and damage them so badly.
If it was for self use not to sell them could understand but I paid £9.29 I have never had anything in my life I have purchased so damaged. Anyone got any tippex or an eraser please?
Upset :(

tarotbear

Not too much you can do with the ink - mostly depends on the plastic finish of the cards. I would go to an art or office supply store and ask what kinds of erasers they might have that could remove the pencil.

Good Luck!

Gracie2k

Thanks couldn't believe it when I opened them I went OMG these can't even be trade in time because they are messed up. I can't believe they don't know Roman Numerals either.My Mother bought a clock with Numerals on to make me know them. She'd make me reel of the dates of films too to learnt hem at the end she'd go come on what does it say?
Thanks mum for teaching me that.
Thanks for the reply. I bet a decent putty rubber might work.

Emily

Just be careful with a rubber - you could take the top layer of gloss off the cards and you could end up making them more of a mess. With the pencil have you tried a damp cloth, just rub gently.

MissJo

I'd return the cards and get your money back if I were you, buy the deck from someone more honest and deserving.

rwcarter

Or you could make lemonade. My Pimped Rider Waite (see "Pimp My Rider!" for pics) started out because I bought a matte finish Rider Waite on which someone had written in blue ink in the upper left corner of each pip 2-10 the corresponding Arabic number. They didn't do that for the Majors though. I knew I'd never use the deck with those Arabic numbers on it, so it became my first pimping project. The deck got black borders, which not only got rid of the Arabic numerals but also the USG copyright on the cards.

In the case of the Intuitive, the Roman Numerals are in the border next to the names of the Majors. If you change the color of the borders, you'll get rid of the names of the cards. Hmmm.... You could still blacken (or choose another color) the borders and then with a pen rewrite the names of the cards in the border.

Just an idea....

Rodney

Gracie2k

I don't know what to do. I am at 2 minds on this one completely.Another deck shows up as really high priced these are pretty rare without markings/library copies are expensive online too. I am yet to find one under 40.00 without some kind of sever markings.
I like the changed decks but, I don't want to end up buying lots of art equipment to make them my own.

Wendywu

Can't you just return them and get a refund? Save all this angst!

Amaterasu

That's horrible; I can't believe someone would do that and try to pass it off as if it were in good condition. :|

If you bought the deck from Ebay, have you tried reporting the seller?

Sulis

You're obviously unhappy with it so just send it back and get a refund. If you'd bought anything else that wasn't as described, I'm sure that's what you'd do.