Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 154 : July 12th -July 19th

Eyebright

Yes...and it is the best I have seen from Davide Corsi. My son kindly bought it for me as a belated Father's Day present, and it arrived yesterday. I'm posting images to my blog along with my readings (as ever).

Fab, will be checking those out then! I'm torn between that one and Ghost's and Spirits, for a ghosty themed deck!

AJ

Journey cards are back in the box. I haven't got a clue how to work with them.

I've switched to the Moon Hare Oracle by Hannah Willow

toj

The Gorgon cards are HUGE!

The Happy Squirrel

The New Vision is refusing to play with me :( I am using it as a study deck for now. Will play with Phantasmagoric Theatre this week instead :)

swedishfish612

So I'm only reading with my Ellis this week, but does spending a LOT of time gazing at another deck and studying it for long periods of time count as cheating? Because I'm spending an awful lot of time with the Silicon Dawn this week as well!

What's ironic is that I only noticed the SD because several people compared it to the Ellis on the Decks forum. I was so incredibly impatient for my Ellis to arrive that I ordered the SD to kind of tide me over until the Ellis arrived. I'm really liking the Ellis...the colors appeal to me so much, and the artwork feels both retro and futuristic. I'm finding it very easy to read with as well.

But I can't put down the Silicon Dawn. What's wrong with me that I struggle with a little one week commitment to a deck? Last week was supposed to be my week with Dark Goddess and I shamelessly spent all my time with the Absurd!

Eyebright

swedishfish, the Sillicon Dawn is a great deck, and I always find it drags me into it's world if I so much as peek inside the box at the cards! There is so much going on in that deck, it's amazing, I'm not surprised you can't keep your hands off it!

Sometimes we just have to play the Tarot field. A deck we select to work with, isn't always the deck we want or need at that time. Just go with what you fancy I say, tarot should be fun, not a chore! I'm sure nobody here would judge!

Madame Squee

I'm in with the Light and Shadow Tarot (Goepferd and Williams). It has been a long time since I picked it up, which is a shame, because its amazing patterns have inspired my best efforts at free-motion quilting. That, and its one-card readings are easy as pie!

Please sign me up with the Palimpsest Lenormand, too. Last night, it gave me a very interesting reading on the rest of the month. I can't wait to see what transpires!

Thank you.

AJ

Is the Elllis thoth based?

Eyebright

I don't think so (though I don't have it yet), I'm sure I read somewhere that the artist was heavily influenced by the Aquarian.