Deck of the Week: Sign Up Thread : Week 55: August 18th - August 25th

ladybird

Yoga Tarot

I'd love to join and focus on the Yoga Tarot this week.
Thank you!

ETA: I'm new to the Deck of the Week too.

ladybird

Yoga Tarot

The drawings and coloring of the cards are beautiful. I just LOVE the cards' backs. However, I'm finding that many of the minor arcana don't have the accompanying number of elements in the pictures, for example, for 5 of pents, there aren't 5 coins/pents in the image. It's just an image of a yogi in a headstand lotus pose with shadow figures on either sides of him. It's stunning with gorgeous colors but I'm not seeing the "lack" in the symbolism here.

This is a new deck for me to work with so am happy to spend time with it this week. I usually work with decks that readily show the symbols on the cards. So here I go...

ETA. The majors have great symbolism and I do connect with them. I LOVE the Death card, it's Kali, the goddess of death and rebirth.

I am a tad disappointed though about the minors, they may as well be non-scenic pips. As a practicing yoga instructor, I enjoy looking at the different yoga poses on each of the cards. They are inspiring to see in a deck. I'm just not sure how I will be able to read with them. I'll keep trying this week. :)

Chiska

Kalanzar Tarot for me.

Eyebright

I'd love to join and focus on the Yoga Tarot this week.
Thank you!

ETA: I'm new to the Deck of the Week too.

Welcome missmaree, hope u enjoy yourself! I've just looked at some scans and it is a very beautiful deck you are working with this week :)

strings of life

Edited: not participating this week. Have fun all!

swedishfish612

Going along okay with the Morgan-Greer, but I've found that when a card comes up my mind wants to convert it to the Anna K version. Is that weird? I only worked with the Anna K for a week, so I shouldn't be so attached. I actually really love the colors of the Morgan-Greer and there are many cards I love in this deck. But I'm kind of missing that Anna K, lol.

Asbestos Mango

Well, I seem to be getting along with the Golden Dawn Magical Tarot just fine. So far, the readings seem to be focussing on the fact that I'm searching for a volunteer position (and have hopes of finding one that will make me useful and give me satisfaction) and on my health- I'm recovering from plantar fasciitis, which is a nasty foot injury caused by overuse, and I had an asthma attack earlier this week that landed me in the ER. I'm showing a lot of hope for recovery, and that I can get my doctor to prescribe me a medication for the asthma that actually, you know, works, I just have to assert myself.

GoldenWolf

Whoops, I must have just thought about signing up a few days ago and then forgot to do it. I'm using the mini Tarot of the Pagan Cats.

Eyebright

Well, I seem to be getting along with the Golden Dawn Magical Tarot just fine. So far, the readings seem to be focussing on the fact that I'm searching for a volunteer position (and have hopes of finding one that will make me useful and give me satisfaction) and on my health- I'm recovering from plantar fasciitis, which is a nasty foot injury caused by overuse, and I had an asthma attack earlier this week that landed me in the ER. I'm showing a lot of hope for recovery, and that I can get my doctor to prescribe me a medication for the asthma that actually, you know, works, I just have to assert myself.

Aww bless you AM, I hope you get well and recover from your injury soon :heart:

I'm onto my second week with the Book of Shadows tarot deck, and still enjoying it immensely! I even plan on doing a study of the deck when a few more people get their copy.

How is everyone else getting on this week?