Deck of the Week: Sign Up Thread : Week 55: August 18th - August 25th

toj

After much debate, I am going to pick the The Light and Shadow Tarot by Michael Goepferd.

swedishfish612

Feel free to cheat away!!! :D We don't have to be exclusive. The goal is to play with the deck you choose for the week enough to get an idea about whether you click with it or not. (Ok...I don't like the way I worded that sentence at all! Stupid brain cells.) You can play the field to your heart's content.

Oh, good. Glad to hear that the guidelines aren't super strict! I'm still a rule-following nerd, then! *big sigh of relief* :D

Nerys

I'm in with a Marseille deck this week... hang on, let me look up which one I have... okay, it appears to be called Véritable Tarot de Marseille, by Kris Hadar. All right. That one, then (please).

merissa_88

I'm using the Hobbit Tarot this week and checking out the latest movie news on theonering.net. :)

Elendil

I'm using the Hobbit Tarot this week and checking out the latest movie news on theonering.net. :)

I don't have the Tarot deck (though I have the Lord of the Rings one) - but I am a big Tolkien fan (hence my forum name!). I have just ordered The Hobbit Card Game (a supplement to The Lord of the Rings Card Game which my son and I play (alongside the boardgame War of the Ring). I am interested to see how you find working with the deck. I don't particularly like the images (and am disappointed in the Lord of the Rings deck) so I have resisted so far.

AJ

Ancient Egyptian, Clive Barrett

welcome to the new folks!

I've been doing deck of the week plus blogging them for 266 weeks. never see the cards say the same thing twice. That why I never get tired of the cards.

Eyebright

Ancient Egyptian, Clive Barrett

welcome to the new folks!

I've been doing deck of the week plus blogging them for 266 weeks. never see the cards say the same thing twice. That why I never get tired of the cards.

Wow AJ, 266 weeks! :bugeyed:, I love that it's never the same. Tarot is so amazing :D

Chiriku

Well, today, instead of making use of my deck of the week, I used the time I had allotted in the morning to tarot to search for the five cards I had plucked from five different decks for the anniversary spread last week. I had put them aside into a tarot spread notebook to analyze at a later date. But now they are nowhere to be found. I turned the place upside down before work and finally had to give up. Where the devil could they have gone?

If I cannot find them, i shall appeal to those threads wherein people offer cards to replace missing ones. If pressed to repurchase, I would definitely rebuy the Hallowquest/Arthurian and the Tarot of Fire. I might repurchase Sexual Magic. Would not repurchase Robert Place Vampire or Tarot of Trees.

Thanks for the support, desertrat. The person deserves and will greatly benefit from my actions, so there is a silver lining. "What cannot be cured must be endured," eh?

Eyebright, it will be interesting for me to see I've gone off the Ancestral Path after sprending so much time with the more complex, system-y Maat. Perhaps the former will seem diluted and less substantive than it was in the 90s when I was fresh to tarot.

Asbestos Mango

Well, I've just done my first reading with the Golden Dawn Magical Tarot. Right off the bat, the cardstock is mushy and makes for difficult shuffling.

The imagery is kind of Thothy, which is why I bought the deck in the first place. Very easy to read with, I got some valuable insights with my first reading.

I think it's going to be a good week.

toj

At work from until 6pm MST...will be working with it when I get home.