decks ruined by AT members...

Le Fanu

OK, OK, I mean this in a light hearted way. Those decks which you thought you loved until someone here at AT pointed out a detail which - try as you might - you just cannot subsequently eradicate from memory, and so always end up involuntarily remembering it each time said card appears in a reading.

Like the "Stayin´alive" Night Fever Magician in the Druid Craft

Or the scarey Chucky killer kid, also in the Druid Craft

Ive also had it recently while reading threads about the New Palladini. Now each time I get the 2 of Cups and look at the noble Lion, I see...erm...an angry hamster;

click!

Also in the New Palladini; who was it who said the Rods/ Wands look like celery sticks...?

I just can´t shake that off now...

thorhammer

The Nixon-baby Sun card in the World Spirit - which I've never had and now might not :D

\m/ Kat

Obsydian

I just looked up all those cards...
I'm cracking up so hard, I'd never have seen those! (Except maybe the hamster lion)

baba-prague

Sarah Palin in the Vanessa. I always meant to get round to buying the Vanessa and now...

Still, in a way it might add a touch of wild humour to readings.

HearthCricket

The whole "eye issue" of the Sacred Rose Tarot. I love this deck and never even considered it, until people on the forum pointed it out! I still have it, love it, but I keep looking at.....those....eyes!!!

Or lack of! :D

Intyale

I had to laugh at the angry hamster comment. It's so true!

For me, it would have to be the the Strength Card from the Hanson-Roberts. Looks like her hand is sunburnt, when thought it's a glove. I still can't shake that idea from my head every time I see it.

Ange

I was in love with the Mystic Dreamer, and someone said something about it, which I can't remember what it was now....but I looked at it again and now it just doesn't seem the same. But that is good, cos it saves me posting again in the de-enabling thread...:)
Ang x

Feretian

[size=+2]LOL!!![/size]

Don't read this thread unless you truly want your Tarot experience ruined!

Touchstone- Umbrae as the Emperor (thanks a bunch, Leisa)

Angry hamster, indeed!:p:p:p

thorhammer

HearthCricket said:
The whole "eye issue" of the Sacred Rose Tarot. I love this deck and never even considered it, until people on the forum pointed it out! I still have it, love it, but I keep looking at.....those....eyes!!!
Oh, Gods, this reminds me of the Haindl and its yellow eye! I had the deck and then read about it . . . ruined. :D
Ange said:
I was in love with the Mystic Dreamer, and someone said something about it, which I can't remember what it was now....
That reminds me - someone said something about the yellow fog and gas masks in reference to that deck . . . turned me off v. quickly :D

\m/ Kat

Disa

George Bush as the Fool in the Gilded- that one stuck with me for a while. It doesn't bother me anymore, though :)