Did You Meet Your 2009 Goals (Tarot-wise)?

emmsma

Oh Man! We were supposed to have GOALS!

Well last year was the mad year of gathering decks to me. This year I will have goals. :)

Morgane_49

I wasn't here for the other thread, but every year on New Year's day, I make a list of things I want to accomplish for the upcoming year.

Immersing myself in tarot was one of the things on that list, and I truly believe I have done that!

Mellaenn

Hi, all. Thanks for your input! It looks like lots of us that had Tarot goals did pretty well. Now I'm going to have to give some serious thought to my 2010 goals.

By the way, I never made it a goal to start acquiring decks, but I think it's kind of a by-product of hanging out on this forum. Hmmm - wonder what next year will be like if I put intention behind that?

So who else had goals that they met (or not)?

WolfSpirit

WolfSpirit said:
I guess I will continue to use tarot mostly as a tool for myself, for growth and exploration, but we will see where my path takes me.

My goals for this year were fairly modest tarot-wise, the above and then something about not buying too many decks - and those goals I met.
For the coming year I will continue on this road.
Tarot will mainly be a tool for me and not a subject in itself so much, as I am busy with other things like meditation and manifestation and there is only so much time in the day :)
Tarot will remain part of my life - I am expecting the Gaian this year, yay :D and I hope to get a few other limited edition decks. They are expensive so I will not buy many other decks.

My goal for the coming year is to record more - I will write about my readings and my other spiritual efforts. I know the benefits of writing things down and yet I don't do it enough.

Onyx

My goal's were not all fulfilled but it was an amazing year for me! It was a Chariot year and so I was able to get just a lot of things done and saw a lot of successes. This was in both my personal, professional and Tarot life just thrived and I am going to be a little sad to see 2009 go!

I am looking forward to continued success as I will be following through with some really good habits I set up for myself and also looking forward to a purge of decks and books I don't use too, but that may just be my reaction to a swing into a Justice year . . . all about balance and equality!

Allan

Morwenna

No. :(

I was the same lazy cuss I was before.

So much for resolutions.

Gazel

I did write this:

Gazel said:
I'm not buying more decks in 2009. There is one exception though - but that will be for my birthday in july - and that will be a duplicate too.

So I will not buy any more decks - Hopefully that should able me to shift my focus a bit:

I will focus on studying those I've got already; for example the Alchemical Tarot Renewed.
ETA: I've decided to join the Primary Deck Study with this deck.
Maintain my tarotblog.
Read, write and learn at this site.
And not the least: try to make more readings for strangers.

That is it.

I did buy a few decks in 2009, but not the one I planned.
I now own 45 decks, and as I stated elsewhere I am in fact considering to let some of them go.
I did use the Alchemical a lot. And I did read more for strangers, but not "enough".

LavenderLibra

emmsma said:
Oh Man! We were supposed to have GOALS!

Well last year was the mad year of gathering decks to me. This year I will have goals. :)

Exactly what SHE said! ;)

Last year, I learned a lot about the different decks, and collected...a few. ;)

But had so many distractions from work and home, I never could focus on a study goal. This year, I hope to do actual course of study.

**~LL~**

souljourney

I didn't really have too many specific goals for Tarot that I wrote down...

I did join the PDR with my Pathfinders deck... that faded away by March. I did still use that deck quite a lot, just not blog about it.

Some great stuff has happened though, just not written down as "goals"...

I have done more face to face readings.
A couple friends & I started the Kansas City Tarot & Oracle Meetup group!! That has been an amazing experience. We've made some good friends.
I did my first readings for pay... that was Dec. 31, 2009!
Went on a "field trip" with friends to visit Janette at Tarot Garden.

I am giving the PDR another go this year, and I would like to do more paid readings... however those will likely be the with the animal oracle type decks and not so much Tarot.