Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

gregory

Not a poll for THIS deck, trzes. A poll for a new one altogether, sure. I'm not even saying I wouldn't sign up for that. But NOT for having this one printed.

People here signed up for "a fifth AT deck" - and several of us did so on the basis that it would be like the fourth. Not an unreasonable assumption. It would be like taking a job as a sales person and then being told that actually your job would be cleaning the toilet. NOT what you signed up for. :D

daphne

Yes, it is what it is. I would have liked to know the numbers of people being ok with either of the options though to get an idea if we would still get roughly the same deck if we were heading for an external project.

Nothing urgent though, as long as nobody would pull out of the project for NOT having a printed deck, which means more than a homemade inkjet printout and actually more than a single POD-service-copy. I won't pull out, I just decided.

Let's say, if nobody else would pull out for not getting a printed deck (shout NOW, everybody), then I'll be back with my questions, proposals and possibly a poll early next year once the card making is about to be finished, and shut up in the meantime (if I manage to :D). By then I hope it will also be clear where between option 5 an 7 we can move within ATF.

From the poll we had here (see the link in the first post), there is a clear interest for a printed deck. But it will have to be another one, started from inception with the idea of printing.

We can do it, I would absolutely love to. But it is just another project, started with a different setup and a different end-result. And definitely not with the name of AT-collaborative deck. Maybe with the name like HEAT deck (Hopelessly Enthusiastic Amateurish Tarot deck). We just need to establish details and logistics. And we can follow it here, exactly as the individual creators follow their decks.
But this is a new idea and let's discuss it in a new thread. Do you want to open one or shall I do it?

Back to our 5thAT, people interested in a paper-deck will probably choose between your 5 to 7 options. The idea is in fact just the same: digital cards will be available to the creators only and it is their decision to make themselves a deck or not. The materialization (the printing step) can differ, home, local, pod, as long as the printing is done for personal use only.

Marirowana

I'd love to make another printed deck as well! :)

gregory

Great - I was just about to say this NEEDS a separate thread.

LOVE the name !

trzes

People here signed up for "a fifth AT deck" - and several of us did so on the basis that it would be like the fourth. Not an unreasonable assumption. It would be like taking a job as a sales person and then being told that actually your job would be cleaning the toilet. NOT what you signed up for. :D

I know people who would rather clean toilets than being a sales person (well, at least if it's for for the same money :D). Seems that I can feel like a toilet cleaner and a sales person at the same time now that there are two projects. :D :D

Seriously, I am glad that all these issues here seem do dissolve into nothing thanks to daphne's idea.

gregory

tigerlilybug

I'm not sure if this has already been brought up but I tried to skim through the post since there are so many I couldn't exactly pin point this answer. I drew my card to scale basically it's 2-1/2" wide by 4-1/16" tall. I have not used a scanner in a long time so I'm wondering does it have to be resized once it is scanned or it will keep it's size? :confused: Also is this deck being printed I saw some discussion but couldn't make out if it was decided or not.

One more thing tarotbear put up a template I printed it out and it's about 4 inches wide and 7 inches long I saw others recommending it so that is also confusing me because if that is the size we need to scan I've got to go back to the drawing board! Let me also add the pdf 900 x 1500 pixels sounds familiar to me I could do that on paint after loading picture. At this point I'm just really confused on what size to draw then what size after its on the computer!

Marirowana

I'm not sure if this has already been brought up but I tried to skim through the post since there are so many I couldn't exactly pin point this answer. I drew my card to scale basically it's 2-1/2" wide by 4-1/16" tall. I have not used a scanner in a long time so I'm wondering does it have to be resized once it is scanned or it will keep it's size? :confused: Also is this deck being printed I saw some discussion but couldn't make out if it was decided or not.

Hi tigerlilybug :) i think your drawing doesn't need to be resized after scanning, it is useable for us as long as the ratio is right, which is the case. Plus, scanners usually scan the true size.

There won't be an organized print, but everyone who creates a card gets the high resolution files, so you can print your own if you want.

In this thread you'll find the details on sending in your picture, and you can also ask for help there when things don't seem to work out with you and the scanner ;)

tigerlilybug

Hi tigerlilybug :) i think your drawing doesn't need to be resized after scanning, it is useable for us as long as the ratio is right, which is the case. Plus, scanners usually scan the true size.

There won't be an organized print, but everyone who creates a card gets the high resolution files, so you can print your own if you want.

In this thread you'll find the details on sending in your picture, and you can also ask for help there when things don't seem to work out with you and the scanner ;)

Thank you so much! :)