Do predictions still come true if you don't believe in them

CloudRain899

Hey

I am on the verge of giving Tarot a long break (at least on readings about my own life) due to personal reasons.

I have had a few readings with positive outcomes and I realised I need a break when the last positive prediction I received, I realised I couldn't bring myself to take it seriously and any negative prediction that was given to me I wholeheartedly believed. Then I thought, I would rather not do it if this is what it's come to!

My reader said that the reason the negative comes true is that I believe it, whereas the positive I don't believe therefore doesn't come to pass. However I can remember about 6 months ago when I was full of hope and genuinely thought the good might happen, and then the opposite happened. So I don't think I agree with this. However there is a big part of me that's nervous to walk away incase me stepping back is automatically going to make anything positive never happen! Does that make sense?

Do you think good outcomes still come to pass even if the reader doesn't believe they will, and they seem really unlikely and against all odds?

GryffinSong

This may clash with your belief system, but I believe that predictions are NEVER guaranteed. In fact, predicting anything without confirmation from observation (sun came up yesterday, so it'll probably come up tomorrow) involves no more than chance.

As for attitude, I also do not believe wholeheartedly in the "think good thoughts and good things will come to you" philosophy. I was happy when I got cancer. I was depressed when great artistic opportunities came my way.

Do what you feel you need to do, listen to your heart AND your mind, and you're on your way to setting yourself up for good opportubities.

And ignore the advice that reader gave you. Only you can decide what is right for you. Their way of thinking leads to a "blame the victim" mentality, which is both wrong, and very counter productive because it adds guilt into the mix.

SunChariot

Hey

I am on the verge of giving Tarot a long break (at least on readings about my own life) due to personal reasons.

I have had a few readings with positive outcomes and I realised I need a break when the last positive prediction I received, I realised I couldn't bring myself to take it seriously and any negative prediction that was given to me I wholeheartedly believed. Then I thought, I would rather not do it if this is what it's come to!

My reader said that the reason the negative comes true is that I believe it, whereas the positive I don't believe therefore doesn't come to pass. However I can remember about 6 months ago when I was full of hope and genuinely thought the good might happen, and then the opposite happened. So I don't think I agree with this. However there is a big part of me that's nervous to walk away incase me stepping back is automatically going to make anything positive never happen! Does that make sense?

Do you think good outcomes still come to pass even if the reader doesn't believe they will, and they seem really unlikely and against all odds?

My first thoughts were that it would be maybe useful to do some readings on why you believe the bad things but not the good. And how to see the truth and stop thinking in a way that is slanted towards the negative. Those might be useful to you.

But to answer your questions....the outcome the cards predict is the outcome that you are heading towards as the exact moment in time the reading was done. Yes that outcome can change. But not just because of your thoughts. In fact, at the time the readings was done, "the cards" would have known your usual way of thinking, so that should have been factored into the answer.

So my answer is that on the one hand, I believe that no your thoughts alone cannot affect the outcome of your reading....on the other hand...our thoughts affect our feelings, our feelings affect our beliefs and our beliefs affect how we act and react to what comes to us in our lives.

So if your thoughts when you see the reading, change your feelings about things, and if your feelings change the way you act or react to what comes your way. THAT can create some real change and change the predicted outcome.

Eg if you were told a positive outcome and you refused to believe it, when it came time for the outcome to appear in your life, you may have turned away from taking the needed actions to get you there, not believing you could have that outcome. But if you hadn't heard the outcome in advance you would have just reacted normally.

So in that sense it is possible.

Babs

theboomz

Well to the question, 'do predictions come true even if you don't believe in them?'

Yes, I have been reading for some atheists that are inclined to laugh, and they are surprised.

But there are other issues here. I don't feel it was appropriate for you to be told that, and I hope you haven't been back to a fee based psychic since your last revelation that you need a break.

This is what I believe. You do not need any predictions in your life at all, and the key to recovery here is likely finding out what makes you feel you need predictions, and face that pain head on.

Thoughts and Prayers,
Theresa

ravenest

My reader said that the reason the negative comes true is that I believe it, whereas the positive I don't believe therefore doesn't come to pass. ?

Yeah well ... SOME readers will say anything and come up with all sorts of twisted rigmarole to defend their position ... especially if they are trying to make money out of it.

Sorry if that is a bit 'too real' ...but yeah, I agree - give tarot a break for a while, or at least stop paying people and going to the same one and paying them over and over again.

If you want to continue readings, start learning them yourself and find a friend who considers that they are still leaning (and not a 'professional') and work together to help each other as opposed to someone who will take your money and fill your head with nonsense. Harsh? Maybe, but intended to help YOU and not white-wash the tarot reading process.

Good luck .

Bluebonnet

As a novice reader.....I have received a lot of readings, paid and unpaid. From my personal experience, I've had negative predictions that I thought could never happen. They happened....at the exact time frame too. Now, the predictions that I have WANTED to come true have not manifested. So, either my positive readings are not happening....or the timing is just off. I'm hoping its a timing thing. But, I'm getting old......

CloudRain899

As a novice reader.....I have received a lot of readings, paid and unpaid. From my personal experience, I've had negative predictions that I thought could never happen. They happened....at the exact time frame too. Now, the predictions that I have WANTED to come true have not manifested. So, either my positive readings are not happening....or the timing is just off. I'm hoping its a timing thing. But, I'm getting old......

I know exactly how you feel..this is what's happened to me and it's put me off predictive readings cos I don't like getting my hopes up and it makes me feel bitter towards life!! I don't want to become bitter and cynic with age. I know people 40-65 who are the opposite- and they look young too. They have had lives where good things have happened. So it must be possible for good events to manifest, at the same time like was posted above I don't want to feel guilty like I'm the one whose to blame for bad things happening and good things never arriving..I think too often in the Western world we're given messages by society like "anything can happen if you want it bad enough" and I'm still wouldn't write it out completely because I did actually get my first relationship and my most important job to date with that kind of belief (they were both against the odds and seemed really unlikely). however I do think there are some things that are beyond our control and just not meant to be controlled. If that makes sense

CloudRain899

This may clash with your belief system, but I believe that predictions are NEVER guaranteed. In fact, predicting anything without confirmation from observation (sun came up yesterday, so it'll probably come up tomorrow) involves no more than chance.

As for attitude, I also do not believe wholeheartedly in the "think good thoughts and good things will come to you" philosophy. I was happy when I got cancer. I was depressed when great artistic opportunities came my way.

Do what you feel you need to do, listen to your heart AND your mind, and you're on your way to setting yourself up for good opportubities.

And ignore the advice that reader gave you. Only you can decide what is right for you. Their way of thinking leads to a "blame the victim" mentality, which is both wrong, and very counter productive because it adds guilt into the mix.

It's funny you said that, I don't believe in the Law of Attraction either as like you I was depressed when really good things happened to me and visa versa. I'm sorry to hear about your cancer.

CloudRain899

My first thoughts were that it would be maybe useful to do some readings on why you believe the bad things but not the good. And how to see the truth and stop thinking in a way that is slanted towards the negative. Those might be useful to you.

But to answer your questions....the outcome the cards predict is the outcome that you are heading towards as the exact moment in time the reading was done. Yes that outcome can change. But not just because of your thoughts. In fact, at the time the readings was done, "the cards" would have known your usual way of thinking, so that should have been factored into the answer.

So my answer is that on the one hand, I believe that no your thoughts alone cannot affect the outcome of your reading....on the other hand...our thoughts affect our feelings, our feelings affect our beliefs and our beliefs affect how we act and react to what comes to us in our lives.

So if your thoughts when you see the reading, change your feelings about things, and if your feelings change the way you act or react to what comes your way. THAT can create some real change and change the predicted outcome.

Eg if you were told a positive outcome and you refused to believe it, when it came time for the outcome to appear in your life, you may have turned away from taking the needed actions to get you there, not believing you could have that outcome. But if you hadn't heard the outcome in advance you would have just reacted normally.

So in that sense it is possible.

Babs

Thank you, I did on reading on this and instantly drew The Star!? next to it came 6 of cups. I think it must mean that negative thinking is a childhood pattern for me. When I asked about positive thinking I drew The Devil and 10 of Wands which I think meant I find thinking positive hard work. However I asked how my life would turn out if I let negative thinking overtake me vs positive and the outcome did look better for positive thinking.

For the rest of your post I think I will just have to stem aay from predictive readings, it is difficult for me because I'm very curious to find out what happens but I have found in my experience, Ive been getting my cards read for a year, that everything unpleasant that's been predicted happened and so far nothing positive that was spelled out in the cards has come to pass. This has put me off predictive readings and I think it'd be wise to stay away from getting readings done professionally in-case I ruin my life all over again (I as the one with the Tarot addiction). I am hoping in the back of my mind that a year or two years from now I can look back and say "wow all those positive predictions did end up coming true over time" but right now it looks unlikely! It'd be nice if they did eventually unfold but I think for now it'd be wiser to just take a big step back and concentrate on rebuilding things, without consulting the cards

Xrysalida

I m glad you opened this thread, I also wonder what is with the positive predictions, the last year that I am more into tarot, I noticed that the "positive" ones almost never come to take place, but if the prediction is to break up or loose smt it happens! Also this year I received readings who came right to the point where the relationship would move to the next level but it didn't! I really wonder why is like this. So I stopped asking about matters that are sensitive to me, like health readings or love readings.