Do these Children become those Adults?

Alta

I do see the point though, especially with one of the six flowers in the six of cups, thus pointing to the five of cups. There is certainly at least a resemblance in the clothing, and the man walking away could be pointing to the future. Not necessarily, but interesting clues.

I like the thought of her linking the people, showing how things can change so dramatically in all of our lives. The deck seems more brilliant to me over time.

Thanks Fulgour and for the other comments!

Gayla

Fulgour, you are an excellent teacher of the Tarot.

I see what you mean now. I have been trying to train myself to focus in more on the details of the cards..this was a great exercise to do this.

I hope to participate in more of you threads such as this.

Tk2dsky

wow that was really an interesting observation. How powerful to have those two cards show up in a spread.
Ericka

Fulgour

What do you think?

One time when I mentioned how old the buildings were
in the 6 of Cups card, someone told me there are LOTS
of old buildings in Europe. Quite true! But how many are
there (purposefully) in Pamela Colman Smith's Tarot...?

The colours on this card are a strange shade of Yellow~
but tainted even, as if with an unpleasant Greenish hue.
This was done by the Artist purposefully... for a reason.

I have altered the images to show the Buildings alone:

Attachments

• Ruined Manor or Aged Church Buildings.JPG
    Ruined Manor or Aged Church Buildings.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Ruined Manor or Aged Church - inverted colours.JPG
    Ruined Manor or Aged Church - inverted colours.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Ruined Manor or Aged Church Buildings SPLICE.JPG
    Ruined Manor or Aged Church Buildings SPLICE.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 156

firecatpickles

Fulgour said:
But how many are there (purposefully) in Pamela Colman Smith's Tarot...?
Fulgour, you never cease to wow me with your insights on the smallest, yet somehow most important, details.

There are three cards that have "shots" of exterior buildings: this one, 10 of Pents & 5 of Pents.

Fulgour

Hi K*K

kilts_knave said:
There are three cards that have "shots" of exterior buildings:
this one, 10 of Pents & 5 of Pents.
I often notice the towns and castles in the background
of quite a few of the cards...especially this one, shown
as a dilapidated ruin~ crumbling silently in the distance:

Attachments

• CASTLE RUINS 5 of Cups.jpg
    CASTLE RUINS 5 of Cups.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 145

Rainbow Aurora

I noticed on the 'flipped' Five of Pentacles card
the boy is wearing a blue tunic, the girl a yellow
spotted dress and orange shawl. Reminiscent of
the Six of Cups.

This thread has made me look closer at the cards,
thanks Fulgour.

:grin:
Rainbow

Fulgour

Gayla said:
I have been trying to train myself to focus in more on the
details of the cards..this was a great exercise to do this.
Hello :) Gayla! I found something special on your website,
and just like you say~ this was a picture my Grandmother
had too. I truly do believe there are Angels watching over
people who may experience what we see in these 2 cards,
and even for us~ we have their help and guidance always.

Attachments

• Guardian Angel with Children.jpg
    Guardian Angel with Children.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 149

Gayla

Yes :) My grandmother had that picture as well, and it was passed down to me. :)

YDM42

Elven it wasn't your post that confused me. Some how I was reading how the 4's relate to the 5 in a previous post.

At any rate your reply was very helpful and opened up a whole new door of understanding for me- particularly with the 6 of cups. I had not noticed the man "walking away" from the scene and when you first mentioned it and I looked, what came to mind for me was "putting away childish things" or "guarding innoccence"- It also helped me to realize that in the 6 of cup the cups contain flowers and earth- unlike the other cups with water or empty- so I see those cups differently now- the seeds planted in childhood- by our guardians are a solid base from which our emotions grow. I also realized that for most males- putting away childish things often means turning their backs on their emotions or even guarding them. So now I have a whole new understanding of the 6 of cups.
It pops up for me often- so your comments where very timely and helpful. Ironically so does the 5 of pentacles- I see the 6 of cups as a progression past the 5 of pentacles in that those seeds of optimism planted in the emotions of 6 of cups pulls many people past the difficulties they experince in the fives and into the battles of progression in the 7's including the chairiot. 5 and the instablitiy of the 5's (including the 5 of pents) are in the right place- "before" 6 and on to 7. Yet I imagine/ believe you can experince -the journey in any direction.
------------------------
Elven said:
YMD42 :)
I'm not sure if it was my post which confused you - I wasnt interpreting the cards, just the symbolic chemistry I feel through the images, and see the children of the 6 of cups connected to the 5 of pentacles in a relationship type of association - not one of growing into these people, but as their parents. I can see that.

I put my RW next to each other, and its quiet different seeing the 2 people on the 5 of pents walking away with their backs turned to the children - maybe thats my impression - but I have some trouble seeing the illustrated connection as the children becoming these adults - though there are no definates - its possible indeed - and thats where interpretation of the cards comes through the symbolism of possibilities.

I also though looked through the other card images and saw the larger child (male) in the 6 of cups represented in the 5, 6 and 8 of pentacles, also the Hanged Man.
Respectively the female in the 5 of pentacles being represented in the 6 of pents.

The smaller child of the 6 of cups represented in the 5 of pentacles and the 6 of pentacles as well.
If you put them all side by side I think theres a story there in image, association and interpretation.

Sorry I maybe broadening the connection from the original two cards posted, but I looked at the other cup cards and found a better representation through the illustrations in the pentacles.

Blessings Elven x

PS!! Fulgour - thankyou for the prompt to look at the cards - I never noticed the dude walking away in the background on the 6 of cups before!! Yes Ive had the cards for years, I didnt realize Id had any eye problems for that length of time though :p :bugeyed: LOL!!!
x