Do these Children become those Adults?

levannah60

6 0f cups and 5 of pentacles....

you never know where life will take you....

ArcanoMáximo

Does that Sun become that Snow?

Of course there is a connection Fulgour, and sadly is more in the subtle, emotional plane, that in the image details, at least to me.
I feel that the third person in the 6 is going away from the two in first plane, these that are giving to themselves love and gifts, and support in the 5 too.
I can't contain tiers when I see these cards suddenly, because I can see how they are being abandoned.
In the 6 the hurricane is not even there, but in the 5 yes it is. And the selfish person of the 6 is not open the door in the 5. Of course he was more intelligent cautious and precavid, he hasn't wasted time playing in the 6(there he is safe in the 4 of Pents).
And what is what emotionally feel the ones of the 5 of pents? Is there in the 5 of cups.
Perhaps you'll say that can't be because I'm giving the reversed order, but so is how is shown by Waite in the Pictorial Key book too.
Just my 2 cents :)!
Thanks Fulgour by your invitation to this thread, very interesting!

CrimsonSoul

While the posture is quite identical, the one thing that makes me vote against the children growing up to those adults would be that it would be a backward progression (6 to a 5), which woud be quite unnatural for a growth process.

The connection may come up in a reading when the positions hint at a process from the one card to the other (e.g. Celtic Cross place 6 to 10) and be quite valid in that case, but just viewed as two cards in the deck, I would say that was not intentionally done that way. If the numbers were ascending, maybe, but descending I'd very much doubt it.

Fulgour

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 101 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

For this thread, the question is more of a "What if -?"

As far as numbers go in Tarot, do they count up...
or down... or add togther or subtract? Possibly...

Best Wishes!
~Fulgour

CrimsonSoul

Well, I didn't quite take it that way. Anyway - it's a possibility with the cards and the drawings, but I would not assume it as a given unless the spread or other cards give me reason. From the "naked" relationship of the cards, I would rather not take that conclusion.