Do you ever pine for your deck?

Keigh

I've found myself wanting my cards during the day - at work - and the first thing I have to do when I get home is check in with them. I use the RWS deck and really love the way it speaks to me. Consulting the cards is the second thing I do each morning (unless I want the cards more than I need coffee!!).

Unfortunately, my infatuation for the RWS is leading to neglect of my other decks. I'm almost afraid to use them in case they're mad. Is that crazy?

By the way, it's great to know that there are other Tarot folk out there. I never run into any in person ;(

Keigh

Junia

I didn't read this whole thread, but, yes I figure that is how purses are to be best used. If you don't believe me, think of being a guy and trying to get all of that junk into your back pocket and then sitting down on it all.

Mini-decks are wonderful for this. A soap box or make up bag from the big box store works out find to protect them.

I sometimes think of it as an extension of me rather than an accessory.

I've yet to haul one out in a church (but primarily because I don't go any more); although one of these days, sermon pending, I just might! }) })

PlatinumDove

When Hurricane Katrina was about to hit, my SO was washing the dishes, cleaning up the house. I, on the other hand, was putting the baby clothes we had into plastic garbage bags so they wouldn't get wet in case the water got so high it flooded our apartment on the 2nd floor, and made sure I had all my Tarot decks in my one waterproof bag I got from work.

Yup, I got my priorities straight. :D

Strange2

Earlier this year I went on a cruise, and did not take any deck with me. As I was relaxing/resting, I started to mentally visualize each major arcana card from some of my favorite decks (Thoth, Marseilles), slowly going through them one by one in my mind over the course of a week. I found that this deep visualization/reflection on a "virtual" card to be a wonderful way to gain insights on the energies of the cards, and make them a part of my inner and outer perspectives.

Tauriosiris

I'm only a novice reader but I'm pining for my deck at the moment. I accidentally left it behind in Plymouth when I came to Mansfield for my brother's wedding. When I left I wasn't that bothered but since I've joined here and been browsing images of other decks I find myself wishing I'd brought it with me :)

TheOld

i allways have my TDM with me (it's the only deck i use) so i can't have problem with that ;)

Love, Light & Power
Omeada

Junia

Tauriosiris said:
I'm only a novice reader but I'm pining for my deck at the moment. I accidentally left it behind in Plymouth when I came to Mansfield for my brother's wedding.

I am glad that you added UK to your location. Because I was picturing the Puritanical Plymouth in the States and thought you were leaving your Tarot behind for THAT reason--LOL. Aren't they still burning witches there?

Imagemaker

Actually, Junia, you're probably thinking of Salem, Mass. And witches are a *very big* tourist draw there now. They've even just put up a statue to the TV series witch Samantha from "Bewitched."

Witches make money in Salem :D revenge for prior mistreatment!

Tauriosiris

Junia said:
I am glad that you added UK to your location. Because I was picturing the Puritanical Plymouth in the States and thought you were leaving your Tarot behind for THAT reason--LOL. Aren't they still burning witches there?

Haha Junia :) No, I meant the Plymouth that the Puritans originally left from. I'm now back in Plymouth and reunited with my deck - as well as my new Radiant RWS that has arrived! Yay.

Darla

Junia said:
I've yet to haul one out in a church (but primarily because I don't go any more); although one of these days, sermon pending, I just might! }) })

;) My sister's wedding will take place in another town across the country, so it will be at least a two day trip. Of course I won't go without a deck but no way am I going to enter that church without at least one of my decks! Churches always give me the creeps. Sure, it would be rude to play with it during the ceremony or sermon but it will be nice to know it's there. I'll probably be going for the Gothic Tarot of Vampires! })