Do You Pull Cards From Your Head?

Sar

This is happening to me all the time.

HellzBelle

Nightgarden said:
Are we nuts?
Doing apparent readings? ;)
I think not, but then I can only speak for myself.:D
I see doing this, mental association of tarot in everyday situations, just as having taken tarot to another level perhaps. At the very least it demonstrates the influence tarot has in my life in that I'm unconsciously drawing on its associations and applying its principles which in turn then causes me to be more consciously aware of what I might do, the consequences for myself and others of my words or actions.
I don't think that can be a bad thing.

Grizabella

I haven't done this but I do "think in Tarot". Sometimes I'll think, "Wow, that was sure a Tower moment" or "she's a real Queen of Wands" or "I'm feeling very 5 of Pentacles today" and such.

Umbrae

Rather than 'pull' a card mentally (which may carry personal bias), I listen to what the world is telling me. Something that attracts my attention – for no reason at all – that’s the message (“Nice turquoise sixty six Volkswagen…”)

The world is my oracle. It’s just a matter of reading it…

Grizabella

Yeah, I know what you mean, Umbrae. For me it goes along with thinking in Tarot terms.

Gazel

Grizabella said:
I haven't done this but I do "think in Tarot". Sometimes I'll think, "Wow, that was sure a Tower moment" or "she's a real Queen of Wands" or "I'm feeling very 5 of Pentacles today" and such.

Reba said:
I think not, but then I can only speak for myself.:D
I see doing this, mental association of tarot in everyday situations, just as having taken tarot to another level perhaps. At the very least it demonstrates the influence tarot has in my life in that I'm unconsciously drawing on its associations and applying its principles which in turn then causes me to be more consciously aware of what I might do, the consequences for myself and others of my words or actions.
I don't think that can be a bad thing.

I recognize both from my own life - I sort of understand and interpret people, things and situations in terms of tarot. And since tarot is such a fine tuned and many layered and many facettered system it does not diminish reality, but put a certain poetic or ironic or magic or mytic or what ever quality to it - which one can have a solitairy and secret amusement over during the day. So no - I don't think it is a bad thing at all ;o)

Gazel.

The crowned one

Umbrae said:
Rather than 'pull' a card mentally (which may carry personal bias), I listen to what the world is telling me. Something that attracts my attention – for no reason at all – that’s the message

Yes, that is the card I would pull, the one I am attracted to in a given moment. The one that fits the thought or is it the otherway around? ;)

Logiatrix

The crowned one said:
...The one that fits the thought or is it the otherway around? ;)
Exactly. That's what mystifies me...why that card, why that deck? Is it because they fit the thought, or the other way around?

In the big scheme of things, I don't suppose it really matters (referring to the little incident in post #1). Maybe it was a sign, so I've picked up the OZ deck again. Just in case.:D

phoenixblu

I do this.... and I seem to be more precise...

I usually just clear my head and 2/3 cards pop into my head in order... :)

not failed me yet... but i find it only works if im not to well informed or friendly with the person asking

Glass Owl

Grizabella said:
I have doing the same thing a lot lately! I will see or experience something and a card will come to mind.