Does Anyone Recognize this RWS Deck? Is it LS?

Le Fanu

I can´t get to any of these pages being referred to :( Ive tried all ways. I just get a yellow page with that text on.

No pics, nothing.

But gregory´s post reminded me that Ive seen the "gold" decks, but not with the gold foil! Like the Visconti Sforza and the Klimt!

Id love to see all these others which Karen directed you to...

ETA; I just went into the site and did a search for "Tarocchi" and accessed it that way! I remembered that they also rename some decks. Like the Sola Busca is called the Alchemy Tarot, the Etteilla "Jeu de la Princese" is called the Thoth Etteilla. There is also a Dee Tarot I spotted here. If I remember rightly, the RWS which karen posted was called "Universal" tarot or something. It was not called Rider-Waite on the box

gregory

Le Fanu said:
There is also a Dee Tarot I spotted here.
That's Goddesses. So.....

I didn't see hers there - but it would have been from the LAST load, in 2001-2...

wytchwood

I have it. The ISBN is : 90 6378 363 9 and it says Uitgereveij Schors - Amsterdam on the box.

Mine has titles in Dutch in addition to the English titles at the top rather than multilingual as in those scans, but is otherwise exactly the same.

wytchwood

Yes it is nice :) I really like it, the colouring is as nice, sort of in between the Original and Regular RWS, the backs are a bit odd, but it's not plastic coated, doesn't have the dreaded copyrights and has the calligraphy titles.

gregory

Neither link shows the backs. Which I am SURE tells us that it is from those joint fabbri/LS ones. And those decks aren't.

The amazon link says unavailable, too.... ("nicht auf lager")

Ric should be here tomorrow......

wytchwood

But I just took the ISBN off the box, and my copy definitely has those backs, and the box looks the same in the link.

karen0205

wytchwood said:
I have it. The ISBN is : 90 6378 363 9 and it says Uitgereveij Schors - Amsterdam on the box.

Mine has titles in Dutch in addition to the English titles at the top rather than multilingual as in those scans, but is otherwise exactly the same.
Hi wytchwood,
who is the publisher?

k

wytchwood

Uitgeverij Schors- Amsterdam. I think . That's the only words on the box which could be the publisher.

edited to add: The scans have an LS quality to them (those multi lingual titles across the top and the mirror image recycled Emperor backs) but it doesn't say Lo Scarabeo anywhere on the box, and mine have only Dutch extra titles..