Doing a reading after having a glass of wine ?

cherrypie

So I occasionally drink a glass of wine, but I never get drunk. Do some of you read the cards when you drink alcohol ?

Amanda

Yep. I did that a few weeks ago and did some readings here. I was more relaxed.

KMilliron

I don't drink or do drugs, but I do read after weird stuff. Like today I did tarot, then taught children how to properly mosh, taught them how to flip guitars over their backs, spin in circles and just generally running around and listening to blaring music.
That's as good as being drunk to me, and I feel like reading some cards right now. :D

wandqueen

I don't drink, but as long as you're not drunk I don't think it would make much difference to a reading.

The crowned one

cherrypie said:
So I occasionally drink a glass of wine, but I never get drunk. Do some of you read the cards when you drink alcohol ?

Sure, I enjoy both.

Nytebugg

Sure, I have done it before.

gregory

Sure - after one glass. After half a bottle - not if it is for anyone else unless they have had as much as I have. And then only if they understand the whole thing.

cherrypie

Ok, great ... I`m glad it's not weird lol.

So I've tried it once and I do feel a lot more relaxed. Although when I drink when I`m tired and then read, the cards dont make any sense to me at all. I don't want to make a habit out of it though, but I guess it's alright to do a reading with one glass of wine once in a while.

gregory

Sure it is. Tired is worse, for me. You know when you are too drunk to make sense, I'd think. I don't honestly think I have ever tried to read when I was incapable; then again I have only been seriously drunk about 4 times in my life.... :angel: and rarely more than slightly tiddly. I don't see the point.

But - more seriously - I think if you are in a state where one glass has made you maudlin or sleepy or - plain inaccurate - you wouldn't want to try reading anyway. I think we have built in "naaaaah" filters !

Topsy

A bit of alcohol makes you more relaxed and less inhibited, so it could be a really good thing to help you loosen up and let your intuition take hold :) I definitely wouldn't recommend more than one glass though. If I did a reading while drunk I'd probably find it hilarious and just a bit of fun at the time, then feel absolutely terrible in the morning that I'd disrespected my cards like that... And I wouldn't want them to go all moody on me because they didn't like what I'd done. :S