Donnaleigh: Who is My Dad? (Paternity).

Jen P

Maybe you should start a youtube channel? Cause I would love it if you would share what you know! Teach us, then. Many of us would love to learn!

Yes, I would love to see some of your videos or even if you posted here some of your knowledge.

IHeartRescues

Yes, I would love to see some of your videos or even if you posted here some of your knowledge.

I would watch them DND! Your card meanings and reading style are very close to my own learning style, tho I am much newer to Lenormand.

I don't remember if you do near/ far in the GT tho?

And I will definitely be waiting for Mary's book! and maybe Donnaleigh's tho my card meanings are mostly German for now. But am sure DL's book will be very worth reading and there will be much to glean fm it.

And I have a question about the Clouds for Mary Greer and DND: In a GT when the Clouds are above or below (or close diagonally), how is Clouds read w/ Person card when there is no direction that can be applied? I have books, just not dragging them out right now....lol

Teheuti

And I have a question about the Clouds for Mary Greer and DND: In a GT when the Clouds are above or below (or close diagonally), how is Clouds read w/ Person card when there is no direction that can be applied? I have books, just not dragging them out right now....lol
Most books don't talk about over and under. I see Clouds-above, especially when over the Significator, as the worst possible position. But is it a fog or a depressing weather/circumstances/mental state or is it stormy? Other cards are needed to tell. Please lay out your own deck for the following.

If Clouds is above and Stars is beneath the Significator, she may be trying to gain clarity in a very unclear situation. CartaMundi says: "The star is always a good sign, as long as it is shining bright and as long as no clouds hide the blue sky from your sight." So Clouds obscures Stars. Clouds is ominous; it 'weighs' on the woman. So troubles and confusion weigh on her. At its worse, Clouds-above may indicate severe mental problems, depression or insanity.

What if Mountain is to the right of Stars? That's an enemy or major obstacle that again blocks Stars. Mountain also knights Clouds, increasing the difficulty of both. A view of Stars is obscured from both sides.

Let's put House to the right of Clouds = household disturbances.
A sequence of sad or unfortunate events, regarding the home/possessions seems to be working against this woman - possibly as the result of some enmity or blockage (Mountain). Without more cards or a bit of context this could indicate severe problems or temporary difficulties.

Clouds - House
Woman - ?
Stars - Mountain

What if we switch this to:

Stars - House
Woman - ?
Clouds - Mountain

Both Stars and Clouds are still either adjacent to or knighting House and Mountain!

I see Stars+House as household planning/guidance or aspirations toward prosperity. But it could also be something to do with her home internet (Stars as internet), or something else entirely. Stars is a positive card, often signaling success, so I might describe the woman as hopeful or idealistic; perhaps she feels guided.

To me, with Clouds beneath her, the focus is on what she can affect, and she isn't clear about that. Perhaps she's unsure how to connect everything. All the technology (Stars) overwhelms her (Mountain).

So Clouds beneath is not quite so ominous to me. She might be able to work something out if she can get some clarity to move past the obstacles, even though she is off to a poor start.

Even though the Clouds card says "when their clear side is turned towards the person, it's a happy sign," I find that most traditional Clouds card illustrations are either unclear as to a "bright" side or vary from deck-to-deck. Furthermore, the majority of Lenormand cards are described as negative "if clouded." So, to me, Clouds is always troubling. It's just a matter of degree - based mostly on context.

birdsong123

Regarding Lilies vs Whip for sex, I remember Rana George mentioning to me that she used the Whip for sex because of the repetitive motion. (Don't make me get any more graphic than that, lol). But this is what comes to mind for me now when I see this card. Not sure if that is of any help to anyone.

About the wording of the paternity GT when I mentioned "cheating" or "the other woman," what I was trying to do there -- and this happens often when we read -- the symbols delineate the various players (no pun intended), or rather characters in the story. There are ways that the cards say it, and when we're interpreting out loud very literal and overly blunt things can come out.

The cheating or "other woman" reference was the way the cards were separating the people and clarifying who was/wasn't married to whom. So it wasn't intended as negative, it was solely intended to identify who was who, and who was inside and outside of marital relationships. I didn't have the names of the people, but the cards showed who was "in" together, and who was "swapping," by indicating "the other." So when we interpret, some interesting words can come out (and sometimes we have to watch what we say!), and this was the way the cards labeled the characters to me as I read. Those cards can mean those things (i.e., Snake can be the other woman), so they were pointing out the "ins" and "outs" of the relationships.

Does that make sense? It's like taking from a grammar pool and having to find the right words to describe a situation. Quite a cognitive workout!

It definitely makes us think. It's like working out a puzzle, or even like doing an arithmetic problem where we then arrive at a specific outcome or answer. But we have to figure out the values of "what is X" and "what is Y" before we can compute the answer of "Z."

DownUnderNZer

Some see the "dark side" closer to the significator as being not so good - the "light side" less bad.

GT German:

I tend to do "near and far" with the people cards and what is between them as well as what lines they are on, which way they face etc. If it is about a certain area in question I do look at specific houses.

So, if it is marriage or a relationship then RING, HEART, MAN and WOMAN as well as where all those cards lie and so forth.

And when the MOUNTAIN and CLOUDS comes up between them or the MAN and WOMANS backs face one another then that is how I'd know something is amiss and there is no communication no matter where the cards are - if that makes sense.

Also with the MOUNTAIN it can also mean that in this life time there will be no more interaction between the two people in question, but it does depend on other cards and I suppose where it lies.

I use the HOUSES too as that adds more to it I feel.

In general:

If there is no direction, as you put it, and this can go for any card really - you just need to pay attention to what is "close" to the significator as the cards that are right next to it (flanking) and not far from it mean something is going on now or soon whereas what is further away means it is not as impacting and/or could happen further down the track.

What is closest has the stronger influence.

And I think this can be said about any "key" card or focus area being looked at in a GT as in what cards are the closest....or further away.

So, if the CLOUDS are right up close and personal then the impact is more direct.

Depending where your Past and Future is in the GT:

If the CLOUDS are on another line two over - still distant, but it could be what could be coming up (Future) or what is behind the person already (Past).

Same for what is below - if that is your future or past and even the right or left side of the "significator" or "key" card.

If in the middle of the MAN and WOMAN I would tend to view it as a "snap shot" of the situation rather than this is the past or future.

Hope that makes sense.

DND :)

I would watch them DND! Your card meanings and reading style are very close to my own learning style, tho I am much newer to Lenormand.

I don't remember if you do near/ far in the GT tho?

And I will definitely be waiting for Mary's book! and maybe Donnaleigh's tho my card meanings are mostly German for now. But am sure DL's book will be very worth reading and there will be much to glean fm it.

IHeartRescues

Hi Mary: The exercise you provided was the first time I tried knighting, and I got more practice w the combinations going up and down. Great examples and easily presented. I really appreciate your help there!
Yep, the books i have don't go into above and below a WHOLE lot, there is some. However I did see that Andy B in a Grand Tableau, checks the position of the Clouds right after checking the Man/Woman cards, so that reminded me of its importance in the GT!

(ps I borrowed Lenormand Symbols fm Amazon and am writing it out by hand. I retain more when doing this. What a great reference this will be. So glad you mentioned it on the forum :))

IHeartRescues

Thanks DND !

Every time I read your last post i see something I didn't notice before, so my questions keep changing :p I'm going to go over what you said til I am more clear on what I need a little clarification on! Should I post my question(s) here, or just pm you with them?

AND btw ONE of my questions has to do with reading the directions of the Man/Woman cards. I have been leaning in that direction until I saw this very interesting Video. Now keep in mind that I don't have a set method yet. So I found this helpful and strangely pertinent to this thread :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfRtoX24QP8

Cheers!

DownUnderNZer

I think if you have books by Andy B and Rana George you cannot go wrong really.

I am not Generational and I only know so much plus when I learnt it was at a time when there were no real resources or anything at the touch of a fingertip. I am a product of that environment.

Am not sure if I would be a good go to really.

Every time I read your last post i see something I didn't notice before, so my questions keep changing :p I'm going to go over what you said til I am more clear on what I need a little clarification on! Should I post my question(s) here, or just pm you with them?

AND btw ONE of my questions has to do with reading the directions of the Man/Woman cards. I have been leaning in that direction until I saw this very interesting Video. Now keep in mind that I don't have a set method yet. So I found this helpful and strangely pertinent to this thread :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfRtoX24QP8

Cheers! :D

IHeartRescues

Ok DND No worries! And thank you for so many interesting details. It was a generous answer. I have understood most of it i think. I have those books, just couldn't figure out if The Clouds light and dark sides apply to cards above it and below it. Maybe not. Maybe that only applies to cards on the left or right. :)

Thank you
IHR

eta: remembering that many decks don't even have clear "sides" on The Clouds.

DownUnderNZer

Just like some decks do not have the Man and Woman facing a direction...true.

A lot of things have to be looked at in a GT, but only what is relevant to the topic if there is one.

I do not do the "dark side" means this or the "light side" means that because to me it is the card that turns up next to it that either counts it out or adds to it.

E.g. Clouds and Coffin - Bad outcome. Clouds and Sun - Good outcome.

Ok DND No worries! And thank you for so many interesting details. It was a generous answer. I have understood most of it i think. I have those books, just couldn't figure out if The Clouds light and dark sides apply to cards above it and below it. Maybe not. Maybe that only applies to cards on the left or right. :)

Thank you
IHR

eta: remembering that many decks don't even have clear "sides" on The Clouds.