Doré Bible Tarot

jackdaw*

As a Christian and a Tarot collector/reader, I am thrilled to see this deck! There is such a glut of pagan and Wiccan decks, which are lovely (and I have many I adore), but don't connect to my background. There's Robert Place's Tarot of the Saints, but I'm not Catholic so many of the saintly associations are lost on me. So this is the deck for my background; I loved the Bible stories as a child, and love making the associations.

So moonchild, you HAVE to publish this deck!

Kiama

I'm not Christian but I am very familiar with the Bible and am studying second century Christianity for my MA, and I must say that I am in love with this deck completely. There are so many card choices which I've been nodding at emphatically - particularly Midnight in Eden for the Moon.

I would love to see this deck published, and would be one of the first in line to buy a copy!

Blessings,

Kiama *Looking forward to the next two suits*

HearthCricket

Well, I am Catholic and I just love this deck! Sure...Catholics are not supposed to use tarot cards. We are not supposed to do anything, but we are supposed to use our minds and make the right choices for ourselves, even if that goes against Church teachings, and I find tarot fun and helpful in my spiritual journey. I have Druidcraft, Old Path, Wiccan Cards. I do not find any of these offensive, nor do they challenge my beliefs and sway me in any direction. Instead they teach me what we have in common and become wonderful tools for tapping into my psyche and give me guidance. I love this deck, and as I mostly read for Christians (most being either Catholic or Anglican) this deck would really speak to them! Besides...it is gorgeous!

poivre

Beautiful!

I would love to buy!

ros :)

baba-prague

I do love Dore - and you seem to be doing a very sensitive job of assigning the images. It's good to see it progressing so well.

lunakasha

This deck is absolutely GORGEOUS.....:eek: WOW!!!

I would like to add my two cents to the "border" debate:
preferably NO borders, but if you must, please keep them minimal and white (or black/gray, in keeping with the coloring of the images).

Looking forward to more....

:) Luna

Moonchild

Doré Bible Tarot references

On my site, I've included biblical references (i.e. book and chapter) with the images. Do you think I should include these on the finished cards? Or just in the LWB?
http://www.moonchild.ch/Tarot/DBT/

OLAL,
Moonchild

Moonchild

all images are online now

All the images are on the web site now. All 104 of them! http://www.moonchild.ch/Tarot/DBT/ I will definitely need some feedback to help me get it down to 78, but I will do that on new threads.

I've found a font I like, and have made up a title gif. But I'm not going to title all the cards until I make a few more decisions.

Thanks for all the compliments and input. I hope those who are interested in this deck will continue to discuss it with me.

One Love All Love,
Moonchild

Sophie

Moonchild said:
Helvetica says fundies aren't likely to buy a deck. Hey, you never know. Maybe I'll tap a new market. LOL!
Now that would be something! Actually, you could do a lot worse. Growing market, the fundies ;) :(

I love the titles of your articles - and the ideas behind them. Almost a challenge to the Tarot bashers: if tarot makes me good and godly, why are you rejecting it?

Sophie

HearthCricket said:
Well, I am Catholic and I just love this deck! Sure...Catholics are not supposed to use tarot cards. We are not supposed to do anything, but we are supposed to use our minds and make the right choices for ourselves, even if that goes against Church teachings, and I find tarot fun and helpful in my spiritual journey. I have Druidcraft, Old Path, Wiccan Cards. I do not find any of these offensive, nor do they challenge my beliefs and sway me in any direction. Instead they teach me what we have in common and become wonderful tools for tapping into my psyche and give me guidance. I love this deck, and as I mostly read for Christians (most being either Catholic or Anglican) this deck would really speak to them! Besides...it is gorgeous!
I've seen this mentioned often before: "Catholics (or Protestants, or Jews, or whatever) aren't supposed to use tarot cards." Is there an actual teaching, canonical rule, catechism - some kind of reference that forbids the use of tarot cards? (this might need to go to another thread - I don't want to derail moonchild's baby)