Dream interpretation - need help

bluelagune

There is two parts of the dream that I'm not understanding. Was wondering to get a second opinion.

Dream:
I was talking to a man from my gym and he was telling me that he got married and his wife just had a baby girl. They were planning to go to Egypt or somewhere south. All I saw was old stone structure and sand on photo. I congratulated him. I also saw a photograph of his wife. She looked nice. That's 1st part of the dream.
Second part I found myself standing at a machine that looks like something out of optometrist office. I wanted to take a selfy. So I put my face inward and heard a click and then I saw a photograph that came out. There was a picture of an Arab/Persian/Egyptian/Jewish woman. I appologize as I wasn't sure exactly whos culture she belonged in. But she was very beautiful, olive skin, round face and these long small curly hair that layered over her shoulders. So I'm very confused because this was suppose to be a picture of me. I am blond btw and I'm northern european so I look nothing like her. So I turn and ask a man next to me who is on the picture and he sais it's me...
Here is how the two parts link. The woman on the photograph that the guy from my gym married and the woman who was on the picture the one and the same. Except neither of them look like me.

Thank you.

Hair looked like this:
http://image.wigsbuy.com/Upload/Image/2013/26/watermark/680/a29b4340-c841-40fb-9356-e98ee51060eb.jpg

SweetSiren

If you believe in past lives, it sounds an awful lot like a dream describing one. I'm sure that has been on your mind.
And if that's the case, I'd tread carefully. Sometimes our beliefs can warp our present. You may believe you knew him in a past life, but we're still here dealing with the right now.

At the heart of it, you might feel a sense of kinship with him. Your dream might be egging you on to strike up a good conversation with him.

In a more realistic sense, you might be attracted to him but don't see yourself actually being with him. Your dream might be telling you that anything is possible.

bluelagune

Thank you SweetSiren.

If you believe in past lives, it sounds an awful lot like a dream describing one. I'm sure that has been on your mind.
And if that's the case, I'd tread carefully. Sometimes our beliefs can warp our present. You may believe you knew him in a past life, but we're still here dealing with the right now.
Im not 100% on belief but more of that it is a curious subject that I need to look into. I have not had that thought as I don't pay attention to him. He sometimes comes up to talk to me. We joke around and our jokes "fit" ... now that you mentioned there might be a possibility of past life. But I'm not attracted to him. He just someone I know.

At the heart of it, you might feel a sense of kinship with him. Your dream might be egging you on to strike up a good conversation with him.
In a more realistic sense, you might be attracted to him but don't see yourself actually being with him. Your dream might be telling you that anything is possible.
Kinship, yes. As mentioned before, the jokes are understood without speaking. I am not attracted to him and I do not see myself chosen him because something is just a little off.

Thank you.

SweetSiren

Hmmm... That's actually really interesting. You inwardly might not identify him as a friend, but outwardly, you have all the appearances of a friendship. There might be a bit of a disconnect between how you feel and how you act. You might need to look at what you're actually doing to see how you feel. You know how sometimes people seem to cut through and understand us better than ourselves? That's because they see what we do objectively, and we're caught up in our heads being subjective.

Now that I think about it, when there were times I felt particularly disconnected from myself, I dreamt I was someone else and it'd throw me off. You might need to think a little about this casual relationship and whether or not you truly want to be friends.

bluelagune

Hmmm... That's actually really interesting. You inwardly might not identify him as a friend, but outwardly, you have all the appearances of a friendship. There might be a bit of a disconnect between how you feel and how you act. You might need to look at what you're actually doing to see how you feel. You know how sometimes people seem to cut through and understand us better than ourselves? That's because they see what we do objectively, and we're caught up in our heads being subjective.

Now that I think about it, when there were times I felt particularly disconnected from myself, I dreamt I was someone else and it'd throw me off. You might need to think a little about this casual relationship and whether or not you truly want to be friends.

Sorry hon, this is so beyond my understanding. I hope you can help me. I have no desire for him.but somehow he is drawn to me. Why? Why do people see me as someone else? ... sorry kinda lost?

danieljuk

Hi Blue,

This is a really complicated dream and I don't think there is a simple answer here.

Is the guy in your gym a real person at all? or does he only exist in the dream world?

My first thought is fantasies and wishes. Do you wish you were different, maybe a little more exotic or middle eastern or to look different for a day? do you wish you were the person in his family unit for some reason or going to Egypt? Somehow I think there could be a meaning that you inserted yourself as the photo as it's your dream. It might be a surprise that you look like that but is it a wish or a fantasy. Perhaps you need to book a holiday to Egypt or enjoy the Middle Eastern culture in some way?

Seeing something or someone as a photograph in a dream is something to draw your attention to, perhaps that is a real woman who will be part of your life. If it isn't, I can only really see it as like a fantasy, "I wish I had this" but I am not sure what you can take from the dream for you.

My second thought is roots and heritage. The dreams have a big heritage type theme. Perhaps you need to do a family tree or trace your roots?

Third thought, as well as the past lives idea, could she be a spirit guide to you if you believe that concept? Somehow a spiritual connection to you.

bluelagune

Hi Blue,
This is a really complicated dream and I don't think there is a simple answer here. Is the guy in your gym a real person at all? or does he only exist in the dream world?
HI Daniel! Thank you. Yes he is real. One of letters in his name is G. So G has been married before, he has a daughter and he is devorced. We attend same gym. He talks to me from time to time. He is dating someone. I think. But aside from that, I have no interest in him.

My first thought is fantasies and wishes. Do you wish you were different, maybe a little more exotic or middle eastern or to look different for a day?
Her hair was gorgeos. Aside from that ... don't think I ever had then fantasy. I'm trying to think.

do you wish you were the person in his family unit for some reason or going to Egypt? Somehow I think there could be a meaning that you inserted yourself as the photo as it's your dream. It might be a surprise that you look like that but is it a wish or a fantasy. Perhaps you need to book a holiday to Egypt or enjoy the Middle Eastern culture in some way?
I was planing before this whole thing started with Isis and turkey problems. No. Family unit? No clue

Seeing something or someone as a photograph in a dream is something to draw your attention to, perhaps that is a real woman who will be part of your life. If it isn't, I can only really see it as like a fantasy, "I wish I had this" but I am not sure what you can take from the dream for you.
I know... my thoughts were exact. Pay attention to the woman but she is noone I'm related to.

My second thought is roots and heritage. The dreams have a big heritage type theme. Perhaps you need to do a family tree or trace your roots?
the only thing Im fuming about right now is my aunts stupidity. Heritage, I'm the one who has to now clean up this mess. Aside from that, no clue.

Third thought, as well as the past lives idea, could she be a spirit guide to you if you believe that concept? Somehow a spiritual connection to you.
Past life, I was thinking about it the whole day but still not sure.

Thanks dear :)

SweetSiren

What I mean to say is, maybe you are acting out of character. Hence you being someone else in your dream. Perhaps you are more flirtatious with him than you realize. you don't need to be self conscious about it, but it is pretty interesting.

bluelagune

What I mean to say is, maybe you are acting out of character. Hence you being someone else in your dream. Perhaps you are more flirtatious with him than you realize. you don't need to be self conscious about it, but it is pretty interesting.

Flirtatious. Maybe, I noticed that some people find "horsing around" flirtatious. Kinda stupid. So maybe he misunderstanding. But Im wondering why such exotic woman. I'm kinda plain.

geoxena

When I try to interpret dreams, I look at each element as representing some aspect of the dreamer. So in your dream, there is an acquaintance from your real life who is in a committed relationship, starting a family, and planning to travel. You admired the photo of his wife, then tried to get a machine to take your picture, but a photo of her came out instead.

So, not knowing anything about you, just wondering if there is a part of you that wishes for a partner or more of a commitment from a partner, a more settled home life, and/or more opportunities for adventure, fun, travel, etc. And perhaps you compare yourself to people who have what you wish for, and so right after you run into this person who has those things in his life, you want to take a look at yourself (the machine that takes a photo), and you find that subconsciously you wish or hope you could be more exotic/unusual/daring, or just more like the people who have what you want - but you know that's not really you. And maybe you're confused at the end of the dream because you know who you are, so maybe all this wishing isn't really what you want, but an illusion or something you think you're supposed to want, when after all you are happy with who you are and what you have. Was there someone in your waking life who was recently boasting or showing off about something that may have triggered some doubts or insecurities in yourself, which might have then prompted that dream?

That's all I got.