Druid Cards

Wendywu

Not the Druidcraft, which I love, but the deck issued by the OBD - black and white, majors only. I have this plus the LWB but I read (somewhere) that they were going to do the minors. Anyone know if they ever did? Or where it is available? The majors are totally non-standard but I love them. They remind me very much of Linsell & Partridge's Rune Cards in style

Anyone got any further info on them?

Myrrha

Is this the deck? It looks a bit similar to the Linsell and Partrige Rune Cards.

http://druidnetwork.org/reviews/books/silver_branch.htm

There are 52 cards in this deck though and it doesn't seem to be a tarot. Maybe some of the cards correspond to the tarot majors? I love the black and white line art.

If this isn't the deck you mean perhaps you could post a link or a few scans? I'd love to see them.

Wendywu

No - that's not them ...

I'll try and find a link - I think I had one a while back. If not, I'll sort out some scans :)

Majors only, Druid Tarot, very non RWS!!

DaisyDragonfly

Wendywu said:
I'll try and find a link - I think I had one a while back. If not, I'll sort out some scans :)

That'd be fantastic... I'd love to see these :D

Wendywu

Here are a few of them. I have a LWB for it too, which says that they are working on the minors. But I've never found them anywhere.

Attachments

• Card_0001.jpg
    Card_0001.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Card_0002.jpg
    Card_0002.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Card_0003.jpg
    Card_0003.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Card_0004.jpg
    Card_0004.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 109

AineFoley

Wow, these images look familiar, one looks like some of the animals on illuminated early medieval Irish manuscripts - like the Book of Kells...and another looks like an Iron Age sculpture I remember seeing somewhere - very interesting cards...

Wendywu

The LWB says

"The images on the cards are based on hand cut woodblock prints derived from various sources, mainly stone carvings dating from circa 3000 BCE to circa 1200 CE. The majority date from between 100 BCE and 100 CE. They were sacred icons of our pagan Celtic ancestors"

The write up for each card is fairly comprehensive, detailing what each depicts and what it represents, and how it may be read. The LWB gives a couple of spreads too.

Actually, now that I take them out and look at them - why haven't I worked with them????

AineFoley

Yes, I was thinking they were Iron Age - strictly speaking the people living in Ireland during the Iron Age shouldn't be described as Celtic, even though this art is still referred to as being "celtic". The migration of Celts into Ireland was small - and everyone was Pagan in 100BCE!!! :)

Oh and the spiral on card 1 is from Newgrange - also described as Celtic even though it was carved 2,500 years before the celts came!

Wendywu

I love the way books state the obvious :) "BCE" carries it own obvious statement ....

Faolainn Storm

You are going to have to find where you got them from. I MUST have them for my collection. They are so unique. Please, please find us a source! :* :*

FS