Earth Magic Oracle Cards

autumn star

GryffinSong said:
Thanks autumn_star, I thought it was something like that.

So, doesn't this mean that the Earth Magic cards are correct for some places on earth?

Just sayin' ... I don't really care if they got it right or not. Its still not a deck for me, despite how pretty most of the deck is.

Feeling embarrased because I am really not sure - will check next new moon ;)

I looked at the card again, and perhaps it is the depiction of the new moon in the southern hemisphere?? I am confused now. But, I can't imagine that the deck would be printed with such a big mistake in it - a new moon card with the picture of the waning moon, seems like a very big blunder. I think it must be correct for somewhere so perhaps it is the southern hemisphere?

You learn something new everyday I suppose ;) Perhaps, someone with a better knowledge of the moon might be able to enlighten us.

It's a reminder to me to have a better knowledge of the waxing & waning moon in my part of the world lol :)

ncharge

The new moon is actually when the moon is totally obscured. You can't see a "new" moon. People choosing to depict a new moon have to use either the waning moon (the last gasp before the new moon) or the waxing moon (the first sight post-new moon. (Hah! I recall my Astronomy professor throwing a book across the room because the author talked about "seeing" a new moon and you CAN'T see a new moon). I prefer the last of the waning moon because it bringing in that energy while the waxing moon has already lost that energy.

rachelcat said:
I don't want to pile on or anything, but . . .

I picked this up at Borders with about a dozen coupons. The art is quite nice even though by different artists. But it falls into that place of most oracles, which I have a problem with--it's a bit too random. Ok, there are the solstices and equinoxes. But other than that, there are people, animals, fairies, goddesses, all jumbled together. And not enough of any to make them into a "suit" or anything.

But the biggest problem I have is that the "New Moon" card actually shows a waning moon (curve on the left, not the right). This makes me think there wasn't much thought put into the deck, or the creators don't have as much connection to nature as they think/say they do. To be fair, I haven't read the book yet. But the moon thing--that's pretty basic I think . . .

(I also got Voices of Saints at the same time, which is also really random, so I think I'm extra irritated about the randomness thing right now :))

autumn star

ncharge said:
The new moon is actually when the moon is totally obscured. You can't see a "new" moon. People choosing to depict a new moon have to use either the waning moon (the last gasp before the new moon) or the waxing moon (the first sight post-new moon. (Hah! I recall my Astronomy professor throwing a book across the room because the author talked about "seeing" a new moon and you CAN'T see a new moon). I prefer the last of the waning moon because it bringing in that energy while the waxing moon has already lost that energy.

Makes perfect sense ncharge! Thanks for clarifying :)

enchanted spirit

I've been playing around with this deck lately - I've just been drawn to it this week. Yesterday I found out that I have a health problem that is more than likely a symptom of something else- although I'm not sure *what* else. Honestly, I have a pretty good idea but I need to talk to my doctor. Of course, last night I didn't know what to think and I can't talk to the doctor until Monday. I pulled a card from the Earth Magic Oracle. I got "Fire/Passion". I thought "WHAT would that have to do with a health problem?" and then I had a light bulb moment - I need to persue finding out what is the cause of this with a passion. The funny thing is that I feel better knowing that following up IS the right thing to do, sometimes I don't want to seem like a worrier, so I blow things off. Nice call Earth Magic Oracle. :)

Satori

Just snagged a copy in trade from Magpie9. First glance, artwork is very nice, if not a little shadowy. So far titles don't bother me, and the cards seem to be connected to the titles.

Will work with it and be make my final analysis.

:)

Asher

Good news

I pulled this deck out about 3 weeks ago when I came home from the hospital after my surgery. The first part of my surgery (2 years ago) was frought with complications, which I hoped to avoid this time around.

This time, I was feeling good almost immediately (have had no pain at all), and I asked the deck how my recovery would go this time around. I pulled the Dance card, with the keyword 'celebration'! And that's what I've been doing ever since...healing beautifully and celebrating my recovery!!

The deck was spot on!

Satori

I've been playing with the deck a little.

I sometimes read the text in the LWB, or not so little w b, and sometimes I just muse over the card.

I actually like the deck. I think that it is, hmm, kinda like a glass of homemade lemonade. You know that in the end the drink will be worth it! You choose your lemons, you squeeze them, you add your sugar, and yes you can make it as tart or sweet as you like. And then the mint leaves....gotta have some mint leaves.

This deck is about settling in, having your cup of tea nearby or your lemonade ;), and you savor the cards, you take some time with them, and you sip and maybe nibble on a lavender cookie, and you might hit a patch of pulp and think, sour yikes! but you get through it.

For the most part the oracle is unassuming, gentle and very much for the moments when I'm feeling DEEP. It isn't in your face, you sort of have to think about the cards, like holding a prism up the light, looking for the rainbows.

I have to see, but this is a deck that seems to be suited for a specific type of reading or issue. I don't know what that is yet.

newlillith

I just bought myself this deck yesterday after having chakra readings done with them. They are so inspiring and gentle. I'm also finding these are a lot easier for me to connect with and understand intuitively than my tarot decks. My tarot readings lately have been saying that I need to do something with nature, but I just haven't been able to figure out what. Yesterday after I used my oracle deck (and my new pendulum) I knew the tarot readings were urging me to look for more earthy ways of reading and asking my questions. The intuitive connection is just so much easier and deep this way. Anyway, I'm glad to see (from the few pages I've had time to read on this thread) that others like this deck as well!

2dogs

I'm probably a couple of years late here, but went into a shop yesterday and this jumped out at me. Just did a "where am I now", "relationship with deck", "where will it lead" reading and got "New Moon" (5 minutes after seeing it in the sky), "DNA", "Autumnal Equinox" and it all feels very promising - any higher forces that can help me overcome my conditioning and drop what is no longer useful are more than welcome.

Winterchild

The Moon

In the Southern Hemisphere the Moon is the other way round... so our Triple Moon symbol would actually look like (O) rather than )O( if you took things literally!

But as far as the new Moon goes, yes although some calendars I have seen refer to the new Moon as the first visible sliver and the time between when no Moon is visible as the dark of the Moon.

I got this deck as a gift.... in mistake for another deck I wanted.... I looked briefly..was not impressed... haven't looked again. Never looked at the book.... have read some of, and totally dislike the Power Animals words, so that out me off.

I do like the backs though!!