Empress as an insecurity

Melanchollic

BLFO said:
It is a man's insecurities in a relationship. Not about the women in his life, or the woman he is dealing with. His own insecurities about relationships in general, I guess.

It's a relationship spread and the question was "His insecurities".

Drawing from the classical alchemical association of Queens/Empresses being emblematic to the lunar, I quote William Lilly's 1637 description of the ill dignified lunar character:

"A mere vagabond, idle person, hating labour, a drunkard, a sot, one of no spirit or forecast, delighting to live beggarly and carelessly, one content in no condition of life, either good or ill." (Christian Astrology, Book 1. pp.81.)

Common negative associations of Luna are inconsistency, based on her constant waxing and waning, and a weakness for intoxicants. based on her watery phlegmatic nature. I'd say this gentleman's insecurities may orbit around self doubts about being consistent, which in reference to relationships, would manifest as a doubt that he is able to be committed to one woman. It could also indicate he may have 'substance issues', and worries how this will effect his relationship. A little probing may reveal which is the more likely.

WalesWoman

For insecurities about relationships, I would expect that he has a negative view of women in general, about being controlled and mothered... OR he's got some issue with his mother that has effectively made him look at all women that way... so they could all be either saints or sluts.

It could be the too demanding, too many expectations aspect of Empress also.