Evacuation - which decks to take?

shadowdancer

I am sorting of thinking this through actually. I hope to be emigrating to NZ early next year and thought...."What decks can go in cargo and what decks come with ME!" And by me I mean in my carry on, not risked being in the main luggage that could go awol.

I have decided (at the moment - I know the list could change nearer the time) on:

Kaos
Silver BG
Gold VR
ToD
Steele Wizard

I do have out of print decks that could be hard to replace but I am guessing cargo will be quite safe, using the very reputable and established company as recommended.

Davina

raventepes

That's actually a very simple anwser for me. ALL of them.

All of my cards are kept in a tote. All I'd need after that are a couple other things, grab my cats and I'm good to go. Everything could burn and I doubt I'd care less.

Elnor

The Rider Waite that my boyfriend gave me, the Hoi Polloi, and my Dream Cards that I made myself would be top of the list- along with their boxes and assorted crystals.

elnor

Lleminawc

Hmm. I'd take Thoth and a Marseille deck as bare essentials, Gareth Knight because it's OOP and practicaly irreplaceable, Hallowquest because I just love it, and then whichever of Sheridan Douglas, World Spirit, Jungian, Buddha (Robert Place), Lo Scarabeo or Grail (Matthews/Caselli) was closest to hand.

Emily

I think I would take :-

Liber T Tarot of Stars Eternal (both copies - it would go as a set :))
Archeon
Victorian Romantic
Renaissance Tarot (Lyle)
Old Path
plus my green Thoth and whatever other decks I could get my hands on as I was going out through the door. :)

gregory

I would like to take all sorts.... ;)

But the ones I would absolutely take would be the two given to me as gifts, by their artists, who are personal friends - Jackdaw's Tarot and the Beardsley. I could never replace them - the Beardsley because no-one would ever sell theirs (see the thread where someone is trying to get one !!!) and Jackdaw's because it was a prototype.

I have other that are irreplaceable - but that is hardly the issue. I love them all, differently on different days............

I could not choose. I would probably reach out for the BBC and the gold de la Rea.... but I can't even begin to think about a fifth

Netzach

My immediate instinct is to say I'd take the five that I read with regularly (Rohrig, Tarot of Dreams, Phantasmagoric Theater, Fantastic Menagerie & Ancestral Path) . . . but then, they could be replaced, so perhaps it should be the out of print decks . . . or the signed limited edition decks . . . oh rats! I have no idea.

Lexie

Top 5

Well, let's see..If only my family and I were safe of course, the Top 5 would be..

1.Vikings Tarot
2.Faery Wicca (it was my 1st deck)
3.Llewellyn Tarot (despite of it's bad cardstock quality)
4.Golden Botticelli
5.Fairy Ring Oracle

:)

Horace

all of them

I was evacuated for fire for 2 days in July. I don't have a lot of decks, only 6 or 7, but lots of books I wanted. I packed all my decks and books in my suitcases and put my clothes in green trash bags! Pictures and everything else had laid on the beds ready to be rolled in the bedding when the bullhorn came through. But my decks were in the roll-away luggage/backpack I could haul around.:) Hh

Lleminawc

gregory said:
But the ones I would absolutely take would be the two given to me as gifts, by their artists, who are personal friends - Jackdaw's Tarot and the Beardsley.
Aubrey Beardsley gave you a tarot deck? How old are you???