Excellent post Vs. LWB

Krakken

Hi guys, i do take tarot reading & studying serious and i wonder, what do u think about how many months of deck studying/analizyng is requiered to give a proper deck review, or to give a proper opinion/impression about decks.

I´ve noticed that many poeple has a "LWB opinion" about every deck. but when it comes to his/her principal deck, the opinion become more professional or in some way "correct".

Am a person who is really carefull when i give my opinion about "that deck" cause i really dont want to sound "amateurish", even when i do have more of 15 years of tarot studying. am still learning nad having such a great experience reading every post.

When u scroll down someone explanation about "that card" ... u got that feeling of... "Nope ... that person does not know that deck, he´s just reapting what the book say"

So what do u think? is it correct to give an opinion/to do a review/ about a deck u havent studied at all?

Some excellent post get lost in the middle of ... Star means Hope. Ja, we know that.

Sorry about my english skills.
Thanks for let me be part of this marvellous community.

La Force

This is a very good question, and I do have to agree with you about the most part. However in reviewing a deck, it does come with a LWB, therefore that is part of the review. I do feel strongly that it is best / wise to be somewhat an experienced reader, and have spent time with a deck, unless on occasion that deck strongly makes a connection with you and you can pick up on it right away.

gregory

We are all learning here; many of us are far from expert. We can only post to the extent of our knowledge. I think perhaps it's better to post so that others who know more can extend our knowledge, rather than stay silent.

Krakken

We are all learning here; many of us are far from expert. We can only post to the extent of our knowledge. I think perhaps it's better to post so that others who know more can extend our knowledge, rather than stay silent.

Hej gregory.

Everybody is learning here... even me. :) and i love reading every post so i can pick up something new that i could apply to my tarot readings.

i dont believe everybody is an expert in every tarot in his collection. I dont want to scroll down and finding the info that i´ve got already in the LWB that came with the tarot.

I want to hear EVERYTHING u know about that tarot u study since u were a kid! Cause your speech will be so great! :)

Krakken

This is a very good question, and I do have to agree with you about the most part. However in reviewing a deck, it does come with a LWB, therefore that is part of the review. I do feel strongly that it is best / wise to be somewhat an experienced reader, and have spent time with a deck, unless on occasion that deck strongly makes a connection with you and you can pick up on it right away.

Hej La Force.

Im reading bewten threads that for some people is enough just to know that this card is"8 of pentacles" and that´s just the tip of the iceberg what tarot reading is. that cat in the background, that purple flower, that lite shadow in the corner is full of messages. but that comes just with spending time ... a lot ... with that deck. :)

Till example , in my deck, the 10 of sword. at the begining was "defeat" crying" i just cant" etc... but with the time, it became.. "moving to another place" "house fixing" "visit in the house" everything relative a "house".

La Force

Hey krakken

I understand what your saying, therefore it can very much be a negative to put your personal interpretation of a card in a review. Example. For me 3 of Wands as I have come to know it, "is accident, close call to death". That would be unwise to put in a review. This is where it best to stay objective and stay on track with the basics of traditional meanings.

gregory

Hej La Force.

Im reading bewten threads that for some people is enough just to know that this card is"8 of pentacles" and that´s just the tip of the iceberg what tarot reading is. that cat in the background, that purple flower, that lite shadow in the corner is full of messages. but that comes just with spending time ... a lot ... with that deck. :)

Till example , in my deck, the 10 of sword. at the begining was "defeat" crying" i just cant" etc... but with the time, it became.. "moving to another place" "house fixing" "visit in the house" everything relative a "house".
I don't think many people here are that simplistic when it comes down to it - I think it's widely accepted that one card can have a great variety of meanings depending on the deck used, the context of the reading and all sorts.

But when you start out, it can feel like that's all you have to go on.

La Force

I don't think many people here are that simplistic when it comes down to it - I think it's widely accepted that one card can have a great variety of meanings depending on the deck used, the context of the reading and all sorts.

Gregory you did read krakken main post, yes. Krakken is talking about Deck Reviews, IE: AT Decks, were you can view the deck and read a review on the deck. If you did great, just got side tracked with your post here

gregory

Yes I did read it. But he has also posted about some of the study threads and said much the same thing - and the same applies there too, so...

As also where he asked me in this thread about everything I knew - which is not a lot - as you know !!!

Krakken

I don't think many people here are that simplistic when it comes down to it - I thiThe accepted that one card can havetc. reat variety of meanings depending on the deck used, the context of the reading and all sorts.

In my opinion every deck is " a new begining" and everytime u switch to another deck, its starting over. The 10 of sword would be; defeat, etc If u dont let it involve to another superior meaning. That just come spending time With "that" deck. Not just having it from this morning.

What's your deck? :)