If anyone were to make envelope style deck pouches

The Happy Squirrel

like ones Bonefire tarot used to come in

I would so order one..... Or two... Or three...!

It can be ordered with specific measurements to fit a variety of decks. And maybe choices of material and colours, and various embellishments at extra costs....

The thing about the usual tarot bag is that I can't stand that extra bit of fabric that you are inevitable stuck with around the top closest to the draw string......

There is one maker on Etsy but theirs are made of leather and so a bit expensive....
Tins are great but then we run the trouble of trying to find the correct dimensions as most of them come in fixed sizes.

Maybe I should learn how to sew....

AJ

they are fun to individualize, but check the adverts forum, we have several long time bag makers here

The Happy Squirrel

Will do AJ thanks :)

jolie_amethyst

Check out SunBrightDay (our own Amsonia) and Wyldechilde Creations on etsy. Amsonia crochets a horizonal envelope style pouch, and Wyldechilde's fabric deck cases are really more like vertical envelopes, with an outer flap than tucks into a band to secure it.

I've dealt with both, and both do excellent work. Both also take some custom orders.

DanThorpe

I have to say I recently have started getting black fabric pencil cases for my tarot decks,with gold and silver pen,I do a design on the front relating to the deck, inside a good size envelope pencil case I get the deck,a crystal and a small folded reading cloth. Really inexpensive way and great for travelling as my drawstring bags seem to rather dislike travel lol.

The Happy Squirrel

Thanks Jolie!
Will check them out!

I have also found one Etsy shop which makes gusseted ones (which is what I really want) from leather.
Most of the alternatives to draw string ones are made without gussets. So I am glad to have found this shop!

DanThorpe, that is another way, but most fabric pencil cases do not have gusseting.
Yours reminds me of Seven's tarot bags! (I only have her Deck of the Dead, and it came in something like that, with the deck design printed on it)

Achlys

An envelope style pouch is such a good idea! I don't know why I've never thought of that before.
Definitely going to have to look into that as I'm not really a fan of traditional Tarot card pouches.
Normally I just wrap them in a fabric and seal it with a ribbon.

magicjack

I have seen the Leather Tarot cases on Etsy and they are truly beautiful. they start at around 50 bucks but oh so nice!

teawoman

I have to say I recently have started getting black fabric pencil cases for my tarot decks,with gold and silver pen,I do a design on the front relating to the deck, inside a good size envelope pencil case I get the deck,a crystal and a small folded reading cloth. Really inexpensive way and great for travelling as my drawstring bags seem to rather dislike travel lol.

Dan, have you a link to what these look like? They sound practical and interesting!

DanThorpe

Its litrally a black fabric rectangle pencil case with a zip along the top, im not at home atm but ill get a pic later