Attachments

• blue eyes 001.JPG
    blue eyes 001.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 65
  • blue eyes 002.JPG
    blue eyes 002.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 85

The Happy Squirrel

Oh wow that was quick! I love how your embroidery echoes the patterns of your lining!

The Happy Squirrel

I was just passing by and caught this one.

The Bonefire felt bags are very easy to make. I got it down to about 40 mins including twine and charm and kind of watching telly at the same time:

Use felt (wool or acrylic is fine) as it does not fray or need lining.

Cut a T- shape out of paper to fit your deck and make a pattern

Pin pattern on felt and cut round leaving about 5mm seam-allowance.

Pin up shape.

Cut curved corners on the flap edge.

Starting in one corner sew blanket stitch along the short edge, up the side and up and around the curved to and down the other side.

You then have the shape. But will need to sew along the remaining front edge or the bag will stretch.

To fasten I used a double wrapping of twine, which is sewn on at a couple of spots, but a press stud would be great if you'renot into button holes etc.

See?- very do-able if you have very rudimentary sewing skills. I made over 400 before I finally had enough-(still I am a weirdo.)

Here's a pic,( sorry iPad does not take a good pic of dark blue felt.)

THANKS SO MUCH WOODENEYE this really motivated me to try this on myself :)

wooden-eye

No worries, Nutkins- you go for it.
Lark those are lovely- you sure are motivated. A woman after my own heart!
I don't have a sewing machine, but always thought a zig- zag stitch around the edges would have meant a bag could have been made in 5 minutes.
My only worry with button would be if they were stacked high as my Bonefires were for several months, impressions might have been made on the cards though the felt is very protecting. I have had my own deck since May 2013 and the cards are perfect, but the bag- well, it is pretty bobbly, but going strong.

lark

No worries, Nutkins- you go for it.
Lark those are lovely- you sure are motivated. A woman after my own heart!
I don't have a sewing machine, but always thought a zig- zag stitch around the edges would have meant a bag could have been made in 5 minutes.
My only worry with button would be if they were stacked high as my Bonefires were for several months, impressions might have been made on the cards though the felt is very protecting. I have had my own deck since May 2013 and the cards are perfect, but the bag- well, it is pretty bobbly, but going strong.
I thought about that too with the button...and a snap would be the same maybe worse and Velcro just yuck...
But when I saw how nicely the pouches stood with a deck in it I think just standing them on a shelf lined up instead of stacking them is how I'm going to do it.
I have another storage system that I adore, but this is so nice for those decks I want out all the time...and I love making them.
Thank you so much for the pattern idea.
I'm going to make a few more today...once you have the paper pattern you can actually make one in as little as 10 minutes...and then the fun part begins the decoration on it.
And you made 400 of them!!!
I think this could become addictive. ;)