If anyone were to make envelope style deck pouches

wooden-eye

I was just passing by and caught this one.

The Bonefire felt bags are very easy to make. I got it down to about 40 mins including twine and charm and kind of watching telly at the same time:
Use felt (wool or acrylic is fine) as it does not fray or need lining.
Cut a T- shape out of paper to fit your deck and make a pattern
Pin pattern on felt and cut round leaving about 5mm seam-allowance.
Pin up shape.
Cut curved corners on the flap edge.
Starting in one corner sew blanket stitch along the short edge, up the side and up and around the curved to and down the other side.
You then have the shape. But will need to sew along the remaining front edge or the bag will stretch.
To fasten I used a double wrapping of twine, which is sewn on at a couple of spots, but a press stud would be great if you'renot into button holes etc.

See?- very do-able if you have very rudimentary sewing skills. I made over 400 before I finally had enough-(still I am a weirdo.)

Here's a pic,( sorry iPad does not take a good pic of dark blue felt.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 112

The Happy Squirrel

That's amazing!!

lark

I was just passing by and caught this one.

The Bonefire felt bags are very easy to make. I got it down to about 40 mins including twine and charm and kind of watching telly at the same time:
Use felt (wool or acrylic is fine) as it does not fray or need lining.
Cut a T- shape out of paper to fit your deck and make a pattern
Pin pattern on felt and cut round leaving about 5mm seam-allowance.
Pin up shape.
Cut curved corners on the flap edge.
Starting in one corner sew blanket stitch along the short edge, up the side and up and around the curved to and down the other side.
You then have the shape. But will need to sew along the remaining front edge or the bag will stretch.
To fasten I used a double wrapping of twine, which is sewn on at a couple of spots, but a press stud would be great if you'renot into button holes etc.

See?- very do-able if you have very rudimentary sewing skills. I made over 400 before I finally had enough-(still I am a weirdo.)

Here's a pic,( sorry iPad does not take a good pic of dark blue felt.)

That's wonderful. Thank you!
I found the most beautiful felt at Michel's craft store and I was going to give it a go today...but seeing that T design will make it so much easier than cutting separate sides.

lark

My first attempt at an envelope bag.
And the mess I made.

Attachments

• the garden 009.JPG
    the garden 009.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 79
  • the garden 010.JPG
    the garden 010.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 77
  • the garden 011.JPG
    the garden 011.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 73
  • the garden 012.JPG
    the garden 012.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 70
  • the garden 014.JPG
    the garden 014.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 69

lark

The T design worked well, I had a piece o fabric so decided to try and line it.
I did a number of different closures before I hit on this one big button with two holes in the middle, you can wrap the string around the button and also wrap it around the whole thing and around the button again.
No need to tie, that seems to wear the strings out pretty fast depending on the kind of string you use.
Needs some tweaking, but all and all it was pretty easy...I sewed it on my sewing machine.

Thoughtful

l love that pouch Lark it looks so cosy and sweet. If you go into business making them l will buy one :)

lark

l love that pouch Lark it looks so cosy and sweet. If you go into business making them l will buy one :)

Thank you...I don't think my sewing is sale worthy...lol...but thanks for the confidence builder.
I paid 29 cents for that piece of felt...the fabric was 99 cents and I have enough to make another bag so lets say 50 cents...the button was in my button box so no cost there...and the little flower came on a card with 5 others for 1.00 so 16 cents ...string was hanging around lets say 10 cents...so all an all this bag cost about...$1.05 cents...pretty good hey!
Felt is a very cost affective way to make a bag.

You could go crazy finding interesting two hole buttons, inside fabric and doodads to decorate them with.
I'm going to make some more...as you can see I have a ton of doodads to use up so no cost for me but maybe some more inside fabrics...
Oh the fabric inside makes the cards slide in and out really easy.

Thoughtful

Well l think you did a great job, but looks like l will have to get sewing machine out and try to make one myself :joke:

lark

Well l think you did a great job, but looks like l will have to get sewing machine out and try to make one myself :joke:
You should you would do fine...wish you could come over to my house today and we could make tarot bags all day...:)

lark

Once I made a big box full of tarot bags or WolfyJames...Wolfy where are you!??
They were made of felt and I made them long up and down instead of side to side.
I made the top like one of those fold over sandwich bags then cut a little slit and put a button on them...wonder how they held up...I think I made her at least 2 dozen of them.