Extra cards for clarification??

Pythia

Is it possible to draw an extra card for further clarification if the meaning of one card is not clear? And how do you do that? Do you choose the next card on the stack or do you reshuffle?

Thanks

Netzach

Occasionally, I find, it's essential to draw an extra card for clarification. I draw the cards for a reading at random from the deck so I just draw another card at random. If you normally deal off the top, do whatever seems natural to you - take the next card off the top, draw one at random or reshuffle and ask for clarification. Or you could look at the base card (at the bottom of the deck) which will usually give a clue as to the basis of the querant's problem.

star-lover

sometimes i have a few cards in a spread that need clarifying - usually court cards or the high priestess LOL which always stumps me in certain positions along with the hanged man and sometimes the heirophant or magician

i decide which cards need clarifying - normally 2-3 and just draw for them in sequence off the top of the deck but as the previous poster said it's really up to you and what feels OK

i find that sorts things out
and YES the card on the bottom can be very illuminating most of the time

Sian100

I just pick an extra card off the top of the deck without reshuffling it.

Thirteen

Ditto. Pick an extra card off the top, no resuffling.

Nuncle

Yes, I pick another card off the top without reshuffling. Seems to work. I'll do a maximum of two extra cards for a particular card, because after that it might as well be another reading.

A few days ago I was really unsure about one card. I set it at the top of my cloth as a card to define. I set a question about the card, reshuffled as usual and placed three cards. Excellent results. Inj this case, I wanted to really focus on the potential informationthe card had for me.

Nuncle

BrightEye

Nuncle said:
A few days ago I was really unsure about one card. I set it at the top of my cloth as a card to define. I set a question about the card, reshuffled as usual and placed three cards. Excellent results.
ditto. i've tried that myself. you can also do a larger reading on this specific card. i didn't exactly do a celtic cross but something similar. more than 3 cards anyway.

Grizabella

I shuffle and draw off the top, so when I need a clarifier, I usually draw the next card off the top of the deck, but sometimes I draw the one on the bottom. I also sometimes have the querent cut the deck and draw the top card from the cut.

Pythia

Thanks for the replies...didn't think there are so many options I can actually choose from! ;-)

Could I ask another question...when you do draw extra cards, do you add them to the original ones to get the quintessential card or not??

Vadella

The bottom card for me usually signifys where the person is currently at with the question at hand... but scarily can signify anything you wonder about. I say scarily even though it's cool. :) Bottom card is always helpful and always taken into consideration with the readings I do.