Fairytale still not here Rant

magpie9

I admit it; it's starting to drive me Nuts!
Amazon said I would have my deck by Dec 1. It was a looooong wait from Aug, when I ordered it, but I waited. And Now? Am I carressing my splended new deck? am I learning wonderful new fairytales, and different versions of old ones? Am I doing all sorts of interesting connections in my head with tarot and myth and fairy tale Archetypes? Am I reading on 3 or 4 levels in a new and exciting way?

No. I am not. I am staring at the "where's my stuff" screen that still claims I'll have it Dec. 1st.
[size=+2]ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!![/size]

weaver

magpie9 said:
I admit it; it's starting to drive me Nuts! ]
I dunno, Mags, I think your handling it pretty well...:laugh:

weaver

firemaiden

Oy... I know we should have ordered directly from Baba, it would be here by now. Sob...

Emeraldgirl

((((((((Hugs))))))))

Have they posted it yet? If so it could be stuck in Christmas mail (if so rant away at postal service) if not then rant away at Amazon. Either way go for your life in ranting :)

magpie9

NOOOOOOO they haven't even posted it yet, sob...whimper...:(

firemaiden

Mine came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (directly from Baba). Oh my God it is so beautiful, it made me cry.

magpie9

firemaiden said:
Mine came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (directly from Baba). Oh my God it is so beautiful, it made me cry.

Salty tears in the wound! I shoulda ordered it directly from BABA, but no, I didn't do it! I was seduced by free shipping, if I live long enough-- at the rate it's going I'll be too old to see the pretty pictures...they'll be all blurry...
AAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

baba-prague

Actually, don't blame Amazon.com in this case, blame our shippers. They didn't put it on the agreed boat in Hamburg in October (well, that's their story) and so it only arrived in LA this last Monday (we HOPE - in fact no-one has confirmed that). We have been on to the distributors and trying to find out if they now have it. If so, it should begin to appear within a week.

We have to find some way to get things shipped faster. But yes, this year has been difficult (don't even get me started about Amazon UK - they have had the deck for WEEKS and simply aren't sending it out).

Makes me miserable too :-(

baba-prague

magpie9 said:
Salty tears in the wound! I shoulda ordered it directly from BABA, but no, I didn't do it! I was seduced by free shipping, if I live long enough-- at the rate it's going I'll be too old to see the pretty pictures...they'll be all blurry...
AAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I wish we could offer free shipping, but in fact even at the prices we charge we end up subsidising it.

Oh dear - well, the pictures ARE very bright so maybe even in your old, old age you'll be able to see them and say "I ordered this deck way back in 2005 - those were the days when tarot was still on pieces of card and we knew what fairytales were." to your grandchildren. LOL!

gregory

I got mine almost by return after I cancelled my amazon UK order and ordered from Baba. Pay the postage - it's worth it. And yes, lovely bright pictures for knackered eyes :bugeyed:. I wish I had more time to spend with it.... over Christmas.....

Thank you it is WONDERFUL ! (and the Juniper Tree is still my fave.... because I love the story so !)