Fairytale still not here Rant

BellaD

BellaD said:
I just got the Fairytale Tarot in today at my store if you need one, immediate shipping $20!
http://www.magicalomaha.com/whatsnew.htm

It is a beautiful deck!

I don't think it is available in the US with the book yet. The Tarot of Prague Set came much later than the deck did. I prefer sets myself but the decks outsell the sets 10 to 1- much more affordable I am sure is why.

baba-prague

No, don't worry, both ARE available. We produced and shipped decks and kits at the same time. However, we haven't produced any separate copies of the book - i.e. it only comes with the kit (sometimes the printer over-runs on the books and we have a few left to sell separately - i.e. we have some Tarot of Prague books available - but this time there was not even ONE left over - nice, accurate printing, but it does mean there are no separate books to sell).

As far as I can see from the ordering, the decks are now sold out at the distributor but there are plenty of kits left (we shipped more kits than decks - looks like we have to send another shipment!)

Oh - and Gregory, I tend to agree that it's really important to read the stories for this deck. It's possible to track nearly all of them down on the web, but the book has summaries of each, so it's a much quicker way to get the "feel" of each tale.

BellaD

baba-prague said:
No, don't worry, both ARE available. We produced and shipped decks and kits at the same time. However, we haven't produced any separate copies of the book - i.e. it only comes with the kit (sometimes the printer over-runs on the books and we have a few left to sell separately - i.e. we have some Tarot of Prague books available - but this time there was not even ONE left over - nice, accurate printing, but it does mean there are no separate books to sell).

As far as I can see from the ordering, the decks are now sold out at the distributor but there are plenty of kits left (we shipped more kits than decks - looks like we have to send another shipment!)

Oh - and Gregory, I tend to agree that it's really important to read the stories for this deck. It's possible to track nearly all of them down on the web, but the book has summaries of each, so it's a much quicker way to get the "feel" of each tale.

Oh awesome! I got my decks yesterday, I will call SCB and get the sets coming. It is a truly beautiful deck. You must be very proud of it. I think I need some Bohemian Cat Decks anyway! Any news on when I will see the Fantastic Menagerie? I am very excited about it!

Acacia

I *thought* I had cancelled my order on Amazon when they sent me a notice saying it would not be here till April! I was waiting till after the holiday rush to order it from Baba. But before I placed the order I got a notice from Amazon that my supposedly cancelled order had shipped. It arrived today, and after completing my happy dance!!!! I looked through the deck and found a card missing, I have two Temperances but no Devil. So, back to Amazon it goes, and I return to waiting mode.

Boo hoo,
Karen

ocho8s

after reading this thread I went to baba store to look at the cards and felt in love with them, I ordered 4 kits...........after I had made a promise to not buy more decks until past february but if amazon can change dates so can I!!!
lol
Now let's wait and see how long does it take for the kits to arrive to Mexico!!
I am so eager to see this cards---------

Bendiciones
Anaoly

jackdaw*

Acacia ... before you play the waiting game, email baba and see if they have a spare Devil card they can send you. It'd also be cheaper postage than returning a full deck and book kit!

baba-prague

Acacia said:
I *thought* I had cancelled my order on Amazon when they sent me a notice saying it would not be here till April! I was waiting till after the holiday rush to order it from Baba. But before I placed the order I got a notice from Amazon that my supposedly cancelled order had shipped. It arrived today, and after completing my happy dance!!!! I looked through the deck and found a card missing, I have two Temperances but no Devil. So, back to Amazon it goes, and I return to waiting mode.

Boo hoo,
Karen

Oh no. If you still have it, please hang on to it and we'll send you a card. I suppose two Temperances and no Devil is a good sign of sorts? But sorry that this happened.

gregory

:eek: I think I would have noticed - but now I have to go check !

Cerulean

Actually, I also received two Temperances...

but I decided that it didn't matter to me that the Devil was missing. I had read the tale before and I knew where HCA was coming from. I grew up as a "Wesleyan" Methodist and didn't dance during my youth.

But I've made up for it. I do see the tale in the book, it's one of those interesting choices. To me, the Temperance card is quite beautiful and having two is a bonus.

Cerulean

Acacia

Missing card, and pagination trouble too....

Baba-Prague did graciously offer to send me a Devil card to replace the missing one. But then when I sat down with the book tonight I discovered it is misprinted, pages 185-200 are printed twice and 201-220 are missing!

It's quite amazing, I've had a few missing cards in recent acquisitions. I have to wonder if the Universe is trying to tell me something. Perhaps I am not playing with a full deck--or maybe I am too serious and should try playing without a full deck once in a while.

Apparently I have to work to earn my copy of this deck, and patience seems to be the coin of the realm.

Acacia