zorya

hi avs2134!
the possibilities for 3 card spreads are endless,
past, present, future
no, maybe/other, yes
the sky's the limit!

Umbrae

AVS2134

Begin with three card spreads. Begin doing 3 card readings (for others). Do them for-ever. Do a lot of them.
buy a spiral notebook. Use it as a Journal (very important). Write down every reading (both cards and your interpretation).

Only read for yourself no more than once a week.

Three card readings are versatile, and accurate. More cards do not always mean better readings (but they look good on tv).

Read books (but remember they are a reference tool, not a reverence tool) (I recommend “Tarot Reversals” by Mary Greer. 3 card spreads? Page 215.

Read old posts on this site.

Welcome.

also, for spreads: http://anjastarot.dk/index.htm

Taylicious

I'd like to see more people's favorite spreads :)

Also, I was wondering, I've been trying to get to anjastarot.dk, and it doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know what happened to it? I miss it. Heh.

lawguy51

Tarotphelia's Daily Spread

I just discovered Tarotphelia's Daily Spread last night and really liked it. You can find it in her post which is just a few threads below this one.

rostie

Re: Tarotphelia's Daily Spread

lawguy51 said:
I just discovered Tarotphelia's Daily Spread last night and really liked it. You can find it in her post which is just a few threads below this one.

if i may, if not tarotphelia forgive me!!! :(

Tarotphelia's Daily Spread
I made up this spread because I was dissatisfied with just one card for a day- I like a spread that gives more specifics.

1. What I should do today.

2. What I shouldn't do today.

3. The Unexpected

4. How can I be happy today?

5. Spiritual Advice

1**************4

2**************5

People not might be comfortable asking for so much direction, but I have found it very useful.

There are sometimes relationships between the positions to watch for. For example, if 4 says you would be happy spending money, but 2 says you should'nt be letting loose of any pentacles , you might reconsider! Especially if the card of the unexpected indicates a pentacle crisis of some kind.

The unexpected & the spiritual advice cards can come in very handy to to tip you off to stressful or nice things coming , and give you a direction for how to deal with them the best way.

If the cards are layed out and seem to have no relation to one another, sometimes it is a general message to be taken as a whole, rather than based on the meanings of the positions.

Tarotphelia

Kyrielle

Yesterday I posted to the subscribers-only Suggestions forum that we add a new forum exclusively for spreads.

Old spreads, new spreads, red spreads, blue spreads...everything except perhaps bedspreads. Except I occasionally do an impromptu reading on mine.

Currently spreads are posted in this forum -- Using Tarot Cards -- but so are threads about many other subjects. Spread threads (try saying that a few times quickly!) do tend to vanish after a while. And who wants to type "spreads" in the search field? You end up having to sort through zillions of posts!

The perfect spread could be lurking two years back...and there's no really practical way of discovering any diamonds in the rough in the current system.

So the subscribers can voice support/concerns in the thread under Suggestions, and the rest of you might want to leave any feedback here...

-- Kyrielle

WolfSpirit

I like the idea of a forum exclusively for discussing spreads !

For daily spread I now use tarotphelia's (thanks tp :)), not sure if it will become my favourite, so far I like it very much.
I do the reading with my halloween deck but I take the corresponding "spiritual advice" card from my shapeshifter deck (my most intuitive deck) and keep this card with me all day.

For specific questions or a view over a longer period I use Rachel Pollock's work cycle.
I try other spreads as well.

Trogon

Kyrielle said:
Yesterday I posted to the subscribers-only Suggestions forum that we add a new forum exclusively for spreads.

Kyrielle - excellent idea! I vote a resounding yes!

In the meantime - I have a handfull of favorite spreads which I use...

The one I use the most is the "Daily Pyramid" which I gleaned from http://www.tarotspreads.com/spreads.ads

1 - Beginning of day
2 - Peak or main theme of the day
3 - Ending of the day

I use this spread for daily readings for myself, and for clients who want to know how their day is going to be.

The spread which I use next most frequently is a 5-card past/present/future line which can be easily expanded to look further into past and present (by making it a 7 or even 9-card line with the extra cards at the ends looking further into the past and future) - I found this spread in the "Tarot Layouts FAQ" by David C. Jones found at; http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2377/LayoutFAQ4.html

1 - past
2 - recent past (last few days)
3 - present
4 - near future (next few days)
5 - future

This works very well for me and the people I read for when used for general weekly readings as well as looking at specific questions. On a few occasions, when using this for a specific question, I will add a 6th card below the "present" card, this 6th card represents an outcome/advice position.

When a person needs a more in-depth look at things going on in their life, especially with a rather generalized question, or no specific question, I usually use the Celtic Cross (learned from "A Complete Guide to the Tarot" by Eden Gray).

I have also used Rhiannon's 5-card "expandable" relationship spread with good results. You can find this at: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1521

Hope this helped you out Lee...

Major Tom

Kyrielle said:
And who wants to type "spreads" in the search field? You end up having to sort through zillions of posts!

True - I don't know why anyone would want to do that.

Why couldn't you refine your search? Type 'relationship' and 'spread' if that's the type of spread you're looking for - or 'love' and 'spread'? Thanks to Solandia we have a pretty sophisticated search facility... Still, even there you'll find a lot of threads...

Just a triffle worried about the resources needed to run this board/community.... })

Trogon - thanks. I like your daily pyramid. :)

RedMaple

Double Seven Horseshoe

I don't remember where I found this online, but it's become one of my favorite spreads.

The cards are laid out in two lines, shaped like a horseshoe or rainbow.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4/11xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3/10xxxxxxxxxx5/12xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx2/9xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx6/13xxxxxxxx
1/8xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx7/14

The cards are read in pairs, and it is the interaction of the two cards that makes this reading so powerful and subtle.

1/8. The recent past

2/9 The present situation

3/10 your spiritual, emotional state of mind at present

4/11 what you don't expect

5/12 the gate - what you must go through; what you must learn

6/13 the near future

7/14 the farther future; probably outcome

I have found this reading to give very precise and useful information. Positions 4/11 and 5/12 are particularly good - providing breakthroughs in understanding what we might be denying or not open to because of position 3/10.

Hope this is as useful to you as it has been for me. And if anyone knows where this is from, let me know as I want to forward my thanks.