Favourite Death Card.

Tanga

What's your favourite Death Card?

The 1st Death Card I saw that I really thought "Wow" - was The Thoth Tarot one.
The suggested 'cycles/tensegrity of the Universe' in it draws me in and makes me keep "taking a double take" as it were.
Since then there are others - but the Thoth is The One:

The Thoth Tarot
Golden Tarot
Parallel Worlds Tarot
Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/507569820480103840/

dancing_moon

Those are great Deaths, Tanga. :)

My two favorites would be:

Universal Fantasy - very atmospheric, and the best match for my 'anthropomorphized' version of Death.

TdM (e.g. Grimaud) - I love the non-compromising old-style 'grim reaper' feel to it.

Barleywine

The Thoth for me, hands down. I call it "the Dancing Death." Death cavorting instead of solemnly trudging along gives the idea of a liberating "release." Or maybe it's just a warning not to participate in any dance marathons? :)

Girl Archer

Gotta go with the Death card from Sweet Twilight tarot, and the Phantasmagoric Theatre tarot. They are packed with fun and lots of insights.

Tanga

The Thoth for me, hands down. I call it "the Dancing Death." Death cavorting instead of solemnly trudging along gives the idea of a liberating "release." Or maybe it's just a warning not to participate in any dance marathons? :)

You've made me laugh Barleywine - I've never seen that... and dance marathons would certainly be the death of my creaky knees. :-D

Chrystella

Yep, my favourite is also the Thoth, followed by Etteilla's dancing skeleton.

Barleywine

In the Thoth Death card I like the Scorpio associations - the Serpent and the Scorpion crawling in the dirt and the Eagle soaring above - with the Fish (Nun) as a kind of intermediary state. To me it feels like a "deep tissue massage" that releases toxins from way down deep, which can then be processed and eliminated. I think that's why I see it as "release" as much as - or as a preliminary to - "transformation."

Tanga

In the Thoth Death card I like the Scorpio associations - the Serpent and the Scorpion crawling in the dirt and the Eagle soaring above - with the Fish (Nun) as a kind of intermediary state. To me it feels like a "deep tissue massage" that releases toxins from way down deep, which can then be processed and eliminated. I think that's why I see it as "release" as much as - or as a preliminary to - "transformation."

Huh - and I look at all those things at Death's feet (in that Thoth Death card) and think "look at all those beautiful, powerful, poisonous things! - how awesome is nature!"

I've never thought of the fish as Nun - but Ofcourse!
Leading onto the thought - Nun/Naunet is my patron Deity (I'm Wiccan). But that would then be the snake as Nun, and a frog would be the correct representation of Naunet (combined, they are a Sacred Androgyne).

Huh...
Keep talking Barleywine...

2dogs

I rather like the somber atmosphere of the Voyager.

Attachments

• img367.jpg
    img367.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 187