Favourite Death Card.

Farzon

Deviant Moon's Death is also one of my favorites. It's creepy though it does not show death in its usual way....

My absolute favorite would be the Wildwood-Death. The card is called The Journey which takes away the terror, but the image of a raven ripping off the last flesh from a skull is very creepy.

Cocobird55

My favorite is from the Hudes.

Tanga

There is a Death card I should pay hommage to here...

The Death card from The Everyman Tarot.
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/507569820480125331/
(hope you can see it - I've had some mysterious trouble pinning it).
I love the inscription: "Vivere senza rimpianti per ieri"..."live without the tears of yesterday" (literal... I suppose one would say "live without regret")
This card - sold me the whole deck.
The language speaks to me because I have half Italian-speaking roots (from Switzerland) - and as I read, I also "hear" it in it's native glory with echo-ing silence after.

(Thankyou tarotbear for your wonderful deck!)

My absolute favorite would be the Wildwood-Death. The card is called The Journey which takes away the terror, but the image of a raven ripping off the last flesh from a skull is very creepy.

That raven looks like he's looking at me thinking "Yup - and you're next when I can get my beak into you! Perhaps I'll start with that rather juicy looking left eyeball that you've got there..." :-D

...A few others...Vision Quest has an evocative take on it. Druid Craft's is graceful and feminine and Illuminati Tarot's view on Death is rather sumptuous.

Sumptuous sure is the word for the whole of the Illuminati Tarot.
I've looked and looked at it. But though I love it, there's something about the way the colours are put together that makes me feel headache-like. Isn't that curious?
I wonder what it is exactly...

gregory

I love Sweet Twilight - but the KILLER for me is the Ansata. Has it all.

Little_Bear

Favourite Death Card

I really love the depiction of death in the Halloween Tarot, the Fey Tarot, The Dame Darcy Mermaid deck and as of yesterday, the Deviant Moon...that funny wee dude getting stomped on!

Queen of Disks

I like Death from the Fey, Halloween, the Housewives (a jar of mayonnaise with a label of "Everything Expires" surrounded by rotting food. Genius.) :thumbsup: Also I like the Quest, he looks creepy but somehow I find him funny. I don't know why.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/quest/

lalalibra

My favorite is from the Tarot of Vampyres. It's so beautiful. I love how she's surrounded by the gradation of roses slowly wilting and losing their color. Just perfect.

I also love the one from the Thoth. And with it being on the cover, it reminds me of that album by Blue Oyster Cult, "Agents of Fortune" and those lyrics, "Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor do the wind or the sun or the rain (we can be like they are)"

And the one from the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight is really cool. I especially like the way their shadow is in the shape of a scythe!

(& very quietly... since this one is not Tarot, but it's too good not to sneak it in here) - the Death card in the Faeries' Oracle