Feedback

Pao

ahhhh i know this well! sometimes i get the one line answer of "yes that was perfect thank you" or "no sorry" and it leaves me wondering what was so great or what was so wrong :( Yea it stinks to get a wrong reading and have the person say it wasnt a good accurate reading but how else can I learn and perfect my skills if i dont hear the brutal truth right? I try to always give detailed feedback as much as I can, if something doesnt make sense at that time i will say so and def keep my eyes open to see if maybe it does and i just didnt think of it at that time. maybe some people dont like writing? that could be it too maybe. hm..but I agree with what everyone here has already mentioned, stay in the forum and just let go of those who do that, kinda let it roll of your shoulders kinda thing.

WELCOME TO AT!!!!!! :D

Indigo Rose

Schehrazada said:
Hi AT community!

This is my first thread! Yeee!

Welcome to AT! :)

Schehrazada said:
Anyhow, I didn't obtain much feedback from this reading. Instead, the person said that it was wrong and that they would answer why on the next day. The day passed by, and nothing happened, so I PM'd the person asking for their feedback, to what they said to me that my reading was confusing to them.....After that, I offered to lay out the reading again, perhaps explaining card by card. Being a tarot reader doesn't guarantee that we are first nobel prizes in writing, right? But the person kept saying that I confused them even more and that I needed more practice......

But why not tell me Where I failed or What I failed to see? If this person is in denial, then I understand, perhaps they didn't like what I saw in the cards, which happens sometimes.

Shouldn't we know that we need to help each other in this environment? If not, why even be here at AT? Also, have you had similar experiencies here at AT?

Yes, Schehrazada I have had a similiar experience. I too tried to get the person to tell me where I went wrong, but they would not. I too tried to express my desire to learn, so I could improve....they promised to tell me...then dropped out of sight. The last post they ever made was our thread. :(

I have to echo what has been said here already. This is a community...a large one. Many people means many personalities, values, and ways of relating. We are all learning. This unfortunate encounter for you, as well as for me, is part of that learning....for us...and for them(the ones we read for).

Another point already made here, but worthy of repeating....sometimes when we read for others we dig up something painful or that which they are not ready to see about themselves or situation; and vice-versa....as I've had others reveal such things to me in their readings for me....it goes with the Tarot. If we want readings, we need to be willing to accept the message. Sometimes a person may seem dead off.....I felt that way with a reader who read for me once. Sadly she was dead on, and the revelation which followed changed my life. :( So, it was a happy-sad encounter for me...but one of the reasons I seek readings...I want to grow and know the Truth. :) In giving readings, I also want to offer people that same opportunity.

Schehrazada said:
I am grateful because I've learned tons since I joined this forum. It has been one of my best experiences with tarot: to be able to share with others that have my same passion.

Hey...stay with AT and the reading exchanges. Let this be a learning experience. By bringing it forward, you have given us all a chance to discuss this and hopefully bring awareness. Maybe it will help people respect the process a little more, and offer greater respect to the fellow readers on AT who put their heart and soul into this for each other.

:heart: indigo rose

Schehrazada

Hi Pao!

Pao said:
ahhhh i know this well! sometimes i get the one line answer of "yes that was perfect thank you" or "no sorry" and it leaves me wondering what was so great or what was so wrong :( Yea it stinks to get a wrong reading and have the person say it wasnt a good accurate reading but how else can I learn and perfect my skills if i dont hear the brutal truth right? I try to always give detailed feedback as much as I can, if something doesnt make sense at that time i will say so and def keep my eyes open to see if maybe it does and i just didnt think of it at that time. maybe some people dont like writing? that could be it too maybe. hm..but I agree with what everyone here has already mentioned, stay in the forum and just let go of those who do that, kinda let it roll of your shoulders kinda thing.

WELCOME TO AT!!!!!! :D

That's exactly what I mean, by not receiving details, you don't get anything from the reading. I agree that it's good to stay with those that do help you and who you can help. For instance, the other day, Solitaire did a WONDERFUL! reading for me, which helped me greatly and I was able to give feedback. I think that this is one of the cases that makes me love AT!

I will also try to meet other people that I can exchange with. I have made a few buddies so far, so I'm really happy about it! :)

Schehrazada

Thanks Indigo

Indigo Rose said:
Another point already made here, but worthy of repeating....sometimes when we read for others we dig up something painful or that which they are not ready to see about themselves or situation; and vice-versa....as I've had others reveal such things to me in their readings for me....it goes with the Tarot. If we want readings, we need to be willing to accept the message. Sometimes a person may seem dead off.....I felt that way with a reader who read for me once. Sadly she was dead on, and the revelation which followed changed my life. :( So, it was a happy-sad encounter for me...but one of the reasons I seek readings...I want to grow and know the Truth. :) In giving readings, I also want to offer people that same opportunity.

Yes, I thought about it as well. It has happened with other people to whom the cards show something that they weren't expecting or that they didn't want to know. I guess that at the end of the day, we are all human (even tarot students & readers) :)

Indigo Rose said:
Hey...stay with AT and the reading exchanges. Let this be a learning experience. By bringing it forward, you have given us all a chance to discuss this and hopefully bring awareness. Maybe it will help people respect the process a little more, and offer greater respect to the fellow readers on AT who put their heart and soul into this for each other.

:heart: indigo rose

Definitely! I couldn't agree more! My main purpose for this thread was to know if this had happened to other people and how often it did, but I think that also it may have made everyone aware that this is a situation that may happen. I hope it helped others in some way.

Thanks everyone!

gregory

Hey - it can be worse. Wait for the day you do a reading in exchange and not only don't you get feedback, but you don't get your reading either :(

That's happened to lots of us too ! :(

Mercifully not to me.

Yet.........

But there will be people in the group offering to do one for you to make up - it's the group support that makes it really work.

Schehrazada

gregory said:
Hey - it can be worse. Wait for the day you do a reading in exchange and not only don't you get feedback, but you don't get your reading either :(

That's happened to lots of us too ! :(

Mercifully not to me.

Yet.........

But there will be people in the group offering to do one for you to make up - it's the group support that makes it really work.

Wow Gregory, this has never happened to me. But like you said, the people who are helpful and give themselves to this comunity are the ones who make up for it. I agree with your thought.

Thanks!

S.

Kenny

It's been almost a week and I've still not had a return reading for an exchange or feedback for a reading I done for a person. It's annoying and sad, really.

But there you go, not everyone is 100% honest--that or maybe something got wrong with that person.

Anyway back to the point of the thread: it happens sometimes, sadly.

Scion

Congrats on the first thread, Schehrazada!

You raise a good point, and I'll agree with everything that's been said about people runnigng the gamut and trusting time and experience to scrape off the barnacles. Exchange is the core of any learning process and you're exactly right to expect fair play from your teammates. :)

... Another tricky thing is that many people don't actually know how to give genuine feedback. Frankly, I don't offer a lot of readings to strangers in the reading forum because time is precious and in general I've found that most people have difficulty articulating any kind of response (positive or negative)... so that things tend to be either GREAT! or WRONG! without any indication of specifics. The simple fact is that expressing thoughts clearly is difficult and time consuming. And I've found that when someone can't respond articulately, the text of their reading is not exactly "writ with the supernal fire." :angel:

That said, as you spend time actively participating in the threads a group of fellows will aggregate around you with whom you share a vibe and a sense of exchange and (in my experience) these are the people from whom you will learn the most. As you identify the people who can actually think clearly and hold a virtual conversation, you'll find yourself slipping into reading circles and swaps that can ennd up being the meat of your growth process. For that matter, barring sensitive topics I always do these posts in public because other At friends often have amazing insight and input, so that the reading becomes refractive.

In any case, I'm very glad you took the bull by the horns and spoke up about your partner's shoddy manners because you were in the right and it is frustrating to stumble over the boors and dolts on the way in the door. I look forward to seeing you post more threads and kick off some substantive reading exchanges in these parts. :D

Scion

Scion

BTW, is your name from the Nights or are you a "Woman of the People/City" (Shah Razad)?

Baroli

Schehrazada,

What you can do, and what I have told others in your similar situation on the Readers Exchange is to keep a list of those who "forget" to give you feeback and/or reading. If this person comes up to you again, then you have the choice of either reading for them or saying not today, you still owe me from,....

Another thing that I saw Solitaire and some others do is keep a list of who you are reading for, if the reading is done, and who needs to give feedback. Sort of keeps it all out in the open.

I agree with Marion, if you do the readings via PM, you don't have a leg if any to stand on.

A lot of people just honestly forget because they are involved with a bunch of stuff like Reading Exchange to the Circles to whatever or yeah life, lol.

BTW, welcome to AT!! :D

Baroli
Co-Mod
Readers Exchange.