Feedback

gregory

elvenstar said:
Also if you contact people to tell them you'll be late or can't keep your end of the bargain for some reason, they're usually ok with that, s*t happens after all. It's disappearance acts that tend to rub people the wrong way.
Which is the kind of reason you aren't on my list. ;) :love:

Pao

gregory said:
Hey - it can be worse. Wait for the day you do a reading in exchange and not only don't you get feedback, but you don't get your reading either :(

THATS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! im sorry i know life gets in the way sometimes, i understand, but that stinks! i have waited for exchanges and NADA! it makes me so madddd. i took my time out! but oh well let it go and remember them! boohaahaaa :D plus i feel bad saying "ehem excuse me did u 4get something?" i rather let it go...Im a little punk :(

Pao

AJ said:
on several threads some old-timers have gone on and on about what horrid readings they've seen from people here. Blush...so I'm back to being a student of tarot, and reading for myself, which is plenty to keep me busy.

o thats so sad! :( who would do that?? if we are trying to learn the only way to do so is to give constructive criticism not "well you s*ck!" comments. I am so sorry that happened to you. :( I dont know who would do that but i feel that's wrong :(

Schehrazada

Pao said:
o thats so sad! :( who would do that?? if we are trying to learn the only way to do so is to give constructive criticism not "well you s*ck!" comments. I am so sorry that happened to you. :( I dont know who would do that but i feel that's wrong :(

I completely agree with this.

AJ said:
on several threads some old-timers have gone on and on about what horrid readings they've seen from people here. Blush...so I'm back to being a student of tarot, and reading for myself, which is plenty to keep me busy.

AJ, it has happened to me a few times that the seater doesn't like what the cards are telling them for various reasons, so they get back at you trying to take you down emotionally. Don't let them do this. I have a friend who stopped reading altogether because someone yelled terribly at him and said all sorts of bad perjuries when my friend said that this person would break up with their boyfriend at the time. The funny thing, or the sad one, is that my friend stopped reading altogether and then this other person did break up with their boyfriend for good.

So the cards do tell a lot of the times things that we human beings don't want to hear. This has happened to me and it's a horrible emotional experience. However, I learned after a few times to say "if you don't like this reading, you're welcome to pursue your life in the way that you think is best". I received a few apologies from some people after they thought about it better.

Please, don't stop reading because of others. You should feel that your relationship is with tarot, not with the ones that get upset because they don't want to see what's in front of them. :)

Best,

S.

AJ

No one has said to me that my readings suck. The comments have been side issues in other general threads. But painting with a broad brush like that could have certainly included me when I was trying my wings on the intuitive threads. Because unless you are God you have no idea if you are in the ball park until the querent says so. And it certainly could have included my readings in any of the threads.
I'm not quivering in my corner sniveling :) I love it here, but I won't be participating in any readings.

I suppose I could even find the threads as I know who made the statements but it isn't necessary, what purpose would it serve?

Grizabella

AJ, my late husband used to say "They can kill ya, but they can't eat ya." For whatever good that was :p but you know how husbands can be. :rolleyes: Their pearls of wisdom don't always make sense but they make you feel better?

Anyway, I let that very thing you mention scare me away from doing any readings here till just this past week. The only thing close to reading I'd do in the last several months was give my interpretations on the Your Readings forum sometimes.

But then I got the Victorian Romantic (I know, I know--quit harping on it. :p ) And I just decided that I really, really, really wanted to try giving some readings with it on AT. So I told myself that just because my reading style isn't exactly like everyone else's, that doesn't mean it's bad or inferior. I took a deep breath, said some prayers for a thick skin, and dived in. I've done 14 readings with it---totally worn myself out till I had to take a couple of days off before doing the other 6 who signed up---and I haven't had any horrible feedback or seen any that even might indirectly include me around the forums. (Well, it's only been a week, though----peering around :rolleyes: )

I don't have ninety-'leventeen years of experience reading cards and most of my first years, I thought I'd never ever "get it", but I blundered along reading for family and friends off and on, anyway. When I joined here about three years ago, I let my fragile ego about it set me back a long way by not joining in here. Now, you notice I blame my ego, not anyone here-----but I didn't see it as being ego for a long time because I've got trouble being honest with myself sometimes. I was just afraid I'd get criticized, or perceive myself to be in one of those kinds of posts you mention. So I just didn't do it except for trying a few in the Your Readings forum, but even then, I stuck to accepted meanings.

My advice is to go for it. Just as much as we're advised to write our own journals and not rely on books, the same is true of not letting ourselves rely on how other people read, or how many more years they've been reading, or the fact that they read professionally and we don't, or that they know tarot history and we don't, or that they've written a book and we haven't, or that they've produced a deck and we haven't---or even that they journal and we don't. Spirit speaks to us all through the cards, and Spirit knows best what's the most effective way that we're going to hear what he/she is saying to us through them. I'll trust Spirit over anyone else, so now when fear pops up, I'm just going to suck it up and remember what I've said here. :D

AJ

So Solitare, which deck are you reading with now? I can't imagine. Maybe I'd better do a draw.

Humm...I see with my little 3rd eye...the Six of Pents!!
A little Baba presents our Solitare with a unexpected gift.
The Deck Of All Decks!! The VicRoma :)

There's a reading. See Schehrazada, we aren't thread jacking, nope, not at all.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 63

Pollianna

Solitaire

That was just so beautifully said.

I personally wont be offering or asking for readings yet, I fear forums, (don't ask me why its a mental block thing) and I usually just come, visit and enjoy every one's postings as often if I have had question I have found the answer somewhere. I am not a shy person only when it involves forums????? But sometimes I actually pluck up the courage to say something, But it is always hard to do. Anyway i know its silly so i'm working on it and hope one day I can offer/share a reading and I so hope I don't have this experience as it would put me off.

Grizabella

I feel like I missed something here. (Scratching head.) I thought I was talking about feedback. Both direct and indirect. And/or fear thereof.

I just checked the title of the thread and it's "Feedback". If I'm hijacking a thread, though, it's not intentionally.

OK, I just went back and read the thread from the beginning and I guess I just sort of followed blindly where the conversation led and did stray off the subject, so I apologize. If my post needs editing or removing, I'm fine with it. :)

Schehrazada

Thank you!

Hi everybody!

When I started this thread, and being my first one, I humbly thought "ok, someone will say something and that's it". But I've gotten so many viewpoints of the same topic and soooo many aspects of it, that I'm so excited!! Thank you all!!

You're not hijacking the thread at all. We are all exchanging opinions and I'm having a great time with it! You are giving me a lot of things to think about. Like for example, when I participated in Solitaire's readings (sorry you got so exhausted!) on the open forum. I had the chance to see her readings and tons of specific feedback from people. For me, it was a whole learning experience.

Best,

S.

PS: By the way, I think I've read from Solitaire a couple of times that she loves the Victorian Romantic. Now I feel I need to try it too! LOL