Finally did it! Not feeling too good...

Lorna

I gave 2 readings to total strangers today and they said that I was okay :(

Although I have been reading for myself for years, I decided to take the plunge and do it for others and it is scary!

I thought I was going to be asked questions on money & career which is what I coach on so was feeling quite confident - but nooooooo I was asked about their love life and would he come back to her.

I turned the cards over (7 card spread) and there were about 4 reversed pentacles and swords. When I saw them I thought to myself, "If I was doing a career reading I would know this".

So I took a deep breath and asked my Shamanic guide for guidance and 50 minutes later it ended with her saying "Can my sister phone you in a minute for a reading?"

Here is the thing - I cannot remember what I said :() I really wanted to savour the moment so I could write down notes but all I remember was turning 3 clarifying cards for timing (Sun, King of Wands, Devil) and saying that she needs to sort out the conditions of the situation before looking towards timing (was I right??)

What was your first time like and how can I improve?

Why do I feel worried?

starrystarrynight

If she asked if her sister could phone you for a reading, then you struck a chord with her! I think you did great, and it's only self-doubts that are eating at you now...which is normal!

p.s. Probably 90 percent of the readings I do are relationship/love oriented. Get used to that! :)

Congrats on taking the plunge...

NamasteIndia

I feel relationship readings are much easier compared to money or career related reading.
In India people usually ask for predictive reading like when i will get married, how many children i will get, will i get a good husband, which career is good for me...etc and its mighty tough.

214red

sometimes you feel responsible for what happens, but in time you realise if your honest with the messages you get and the give, you have nothing to worry about....the person has their personal responsibility too.

it takes time, and you worry because you care...

ncharge

My best readings are the ones I can't remember. It is like I turned on a spigot and the reading just flowed through, from my Crown Chakra out my mouth. It sounds like this happened to you.

I was worried at first, too - a lot. I discovered that was self-doubt. Over time, with practice, you will learn to trust your instincts. And you will refine your skills with practice.

franniee

Congrats Lorna!!! :thumbsup:

I agree with Starry - her asking if her sister can call you is wonderful! :heart:

I don't usually remember what I say either. Clients constantly tell me I said xyz and I have no recollection.

The moment of doubt you had is normal too..... you have to just take a deep breath and trust that you will be fine. When those doubt hit me and they do I just say to myself..... you know what you are doing, just deliver the message and I am fine.

Sulis

Well done Lorna :D

I know that when I do readings whether in person which is not very often (I just don't get that much opportunity to read in person) or by email, I very often don't remember what I've said.
When I'm doing a face to face reading I just tend to zone out and the reading 'happens' and the same thing happens when I'm doing email readings... Once I've listed the cards etc I just start typing and again, the reading 'happens'.. I sometimes get clients asking me to go deeper into what I was saying about a certain card and I find it really difficult because I have to look back at what I've written and I can't remember writing it...

If she's recommending you to others for readings then you're on the right track..
Good on you :).

Alta

It is rare for me to remember readings. I tend to get very into the cards, but it is sort of like a dream in that when I finish, it all sort of dissolves like smoke in my mind.

MystiqueMoonlight

You more than likely did well, kind of like that exam you thought was too difficult and you weren't prepared for but ended up passing with flying colours. I record my readings with a digital recorder and offer a copy to my clients.

53rdspirit

I'm glad that I came across this thread since I don't remember most of my readings for other people and I've wondered about that. I encourage my clients to take notes, recordings, or pictures (after the reading) because I know that I won't remember. I do remember a client's reaction to a reading, such as crying, amazement, disappointment, elaborating on a particular card, etc., if their reaction is particularly memorable, but, again, that is after the reading. I don't worry about my readings...I read what I see and that's all I can say..whether the client believes it, likes it or not, or anything...it's what I see.

I think the that client saying she was going to have her sister call you for a reading is a good sign since I doubt your client would tell her sister to sit for you if she thought you weren't that good --just stands to reason. :)