Finally going public...

SongDeva

Simone,
First off, thanks so much for the gorgeous mandala that you drew for me. It's quite amazing. To think that I own an original mandala painted by the author/artist of Simone's Mandala Tarot! ;) I'm just gonna soak that up and enjoy it. :D

Second, these are lovely cards, and I adore the Fool in particular. Maybe partly cause he's been showing up in my readings. But it really is fabulous, the way you've drawn the mandala so that it draws you in, the start of his journey. To enter or not to enter!?

Great stuff! Congratulations, and I look forward to seeing more.

Lara

Simone

SongDeva said:
To think that I own an original mandala painted by the author/artist of Simone's Mandala Tarot! ;)

Thanks, Lara, for re-inforcing my already soooo strong ego ;)

This Mandala was drawn in thanks for the deck you gave me :) and I did, at that time, not yet know how far I'd really go with the idea for my Mandala Deck!

On another note now:

I have decided to completely re-do the wheel of fortune card, for several reasons: (a) it does not fit in with the rest of them (the wheel is in the middle while all the others have their Mandala on top),(b) it has a completely different symbolism in it that the others and (c) because of the stupid mistake of putting in the zodiac signs the wrong way around.

When it is done, I'll post it for you to compare and give me your opinions.

I will be working on my Hanging Man too, so this weekend, I will be painting and not be online a lot ;)

Love
Simone

Simone

The Lovers

Last weekend, I worked on the Lovers card.

Have a good look at it: I want you to tell me what you see before I start explaining it. May I tell you in advance that it is the card I am most pleased with up until now? ;)

Thanks in advance

Love
Simone

Attachments

• VI The Lovers.JPG
    VI The Lovers.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 164

blue_fusion

i get the feel of something to the sort of: "a unity of opposites." this deck has been one of the most novel and original-looking i've seen so far. i hope you get to finish it. :D

TemperanceAngel

Oh Simone...I just found this thread now!!!!! WOW-EEEEEE!!!!!!!
((((((((((((((((((((Simone))))))))))))))))))))))))
Love your deck and I must say The Lovers is very esquisite :cool:

I think this would be a great deck to work with intuitively/psychically...

*TA places her order for when the deck is finished*

yupkigirl

The Lovers card is one of the best I've seen. So simple yet it speaks of a lot of things. Super work, keep it up!

Simone

:D thanks TA and yupkigirl!

blue_fusion, you're on the track..

The Mandala of the Lovers card consists of 3 overlapping yin-yang symbols which gives it a look complementarity yet stays a bit fractured - duality, where nothing can exist without its opposite and nothing is ever complete without it.

The couple are holding one hand and reaching out with the other, yet not touching. The holding hands form yet another yin-yang symbol, the free hands symbolise the choice they have: will they choose to complete the circle or will they leave this hand free for other things that might come by?

Simone

Wheel of Fortune - second edition

Beware, completely different... but morein style with the rest of the deck.

Have a look...

Attachments

• X The Wheel of Fortune - 2.JPG
    X The Wheel of Fortune - 2.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 153

Simone

And now my latest creation. I had planned to do the Hanging Man this weekend, but then, while fooling around with my Madalas a bit, I discovered the perfect one for -the Tower!

This card does not contain the picture of a Tower but should convey the image of doom or accident, of something unexpected happening that will bring sorrow if you're not able to let go.

Have a look, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this!

Love
Simone

Attachments

• XVI The Tower.JPG
    XVI The Tower.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 157

Moonbow

Well done Simone....

I wondered how you make the Tower into a Mandala...... great idea!

I prefer the Wheel of Fortune to the first one too. If I remember rightly the first one didn't have any people in it. I looke forward to seeing more.