Free reading will shorten my life?

flyingphoenix

Just few days ago, one of my relatives told me that if I kept reading for my other friends for free, my life would be shorter than it suppose to be (by another word, free reading will shorten my life). He said he had already seen one of his best friends who was good at palm reading and provided free reading for fun for his friends had incident in his fifties. He said God didn't want me to open the fate "box" for other people for free. He said I could read for others, but someone had to pay for the information. What do you think about this?

The crowned one

I think it is a joke, and he would like you to get paid for your services.

That is like saying "thought" without monetary return will shorten your life. I would not sweat it.

Little Hare

Good lord

I think he is praying on your fears... we die when we are meant to... reading for free is not going to change that one iota

cheekyminx

So does this mean "we" here at AT will have a shortened life?

Doubt it. If you want to charge for readings then so be it, if you don't want to charge then so be it too. I wouldn't worry about what he said.

Gayla

flyingphoenix said:
Just few days ago, one of my relatives told me that if I kept reading for my other friends for free, my life would be shorter than it suppose to be (by another word, free reading will shorten my life). He said he had already seen one of his best friends who was good at palm reading and provided free reading for fun for his friends had incident in his fifties. He said God didn't want me to open the fate "box" for other people for free. He said I could read for others, but someone had to pay for the information. What do you think about this?

I ONLY read for free...I've never accepted payment. I read for free at a minimum 3 times per week for the Free Tarot Network...

I consider my talent a gift from God of which I give to others to help them....I doubt 'God' has a problem with it.

"Open the fate box"?....It appears your relative has a very vivid imagination.

Consider telling him you accept payments of gratitude and personal fufillment, which actually have more value than any amount of money.

Gayla

cheekyminx said:
So does this mean "we" here at AT will have a shortened life?

Doubt it. If you want to charge for readings then so be it, if you don't want to charge then so be it too. I wouldn't worry about what he said.

:) If it is true?...then every reading I give puts me one step closer to heaven! :) I can live with that. :)

Sinduction

Open the fate box? *giggle*

I was once told by a querent, "If I don't pay for it, won't I be cursed?" But maybe I don't charge because I don't want to be cursed.

flyingphoenix

Actually, I don't think reading for free is going to short my life.
If the knowledge is there and I can use it to help the people around me, why not? But I also understand there are people don't deserve this spiritual knowledge and only look for free stuff (there are bad people everywhere). Spiritual knowledge shouldn't be kept away from our human society, but it also can not be shared with the ones who don't deserve it, or just to say not to share it with those who are not seriously looking for it. I see Tarot reading more like a analyze tools which parallels with logical analyze. I don't see it exactly is a fortune telling tool. Divination .... yes, if God allows me to use my consice mind and logical thinking to help people solving problems in their life, why doesn't he allow me to solve the same problems by using my Tarot cards?
I love all your replies. Thank you.

Gayla

flyingphoenix said:
......But I also understand there are people don't deserve this spiritual knowledge and only look for free stuff (there are bad people everywhere). Spiritual knowledge shouldn't be kept away from our human society, but it also can not be shared with the ones who don't deserve it, or just to say not to share it with those who are not seriously looking for it. .....

My dear Flyingphoenix...those are the people who need spiritual knowledge and guidance the most, even if they don't realize it. This is your greatest opportunity to help and enlighten others...

Disa

flyingphoenix said:
Spiritual knowledge shouldn't be kept away from our human society, but it also can not be shared with the ones who don't deserve it, or just to say not to share it with those who are not seriously looking for it. I.

Which are the ones who "don't deserve it?" I would think eveyone deserves spiritual knowledge?