Free reading will shorten my life?

flyingphoenix

Disa said:
Which are the ones who "don't deserve it?" I would think eveyone deserves spiritual knowledge?
Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. My concern is what if some people use this knowledge to do bad things to other people instead of helping? There are bad human beings in our world. But generally speaking, I agree with you that everyone deserves spiritual knowledge.

Maybe I should just leave it to the God. He will rule this world by his law. My job is only to help whoever is looking for help. Wish I am not wrong again.

flyingphoenix

Gayla said:
My dear Flyingphoenix...those are the people who need spiritual knowledge and guidance the most, even if they don't realize it. This is your greatest opportunity to help and enlighten others...
Gayla, thanks for pointing this out. I think I was confused by the information around me.

The crowned one

flyingphoenix it is obvious your heart is in the right place and you did not mean to overlook those that need your abilities, rather you were curious if your own life would be shortened if you "squandered" your ability. I think the answer here is every reading you do in good faith is a good reading, and if you forward one persons life in all your readings your karma improved. Anything done with good faith or intentions builds karma, even if the results or outcome are not positive every time from CPR to Advice, it is the intentions that are measured not the outcome...mind you positive outcomes gives us that positive feedback and that is instant gratification that makes us feel great. I do not know if it counts in the big picture but it sure helps in the small.

Kenny

All I would say is Codswallop...

flyingphoenix said:
Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. My concern is what if some people use this knowledge to do bad things to other people instead of helping? There are bad human beings in our world. But generally speaking, I agree with you that everyone deserves spiritual knowledge.

Maybe I should just leave it to the God. He will rule this world by his law. My job is only to help whoever is looking for help. Wish I am not wrong again.
About this though. Where to start?

If you acted out of pure kindness then you may be mistaken and if believe enough that you were not wrong then God and his angels will not hold what you done against you when it comes to entering into heaven.

Now if we leave everything to God then we would be wilfully ignoring what you feel is right--unless you mean that you will help people and let God judge those who do not treat your gift in the manner it was given.

Baroli

Fortunately, getting into heaven if you have a Christian belief system does not depend on good works, contrary to what some folks may believe. You don't work your way there, it all a matter of faith.

'For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.' Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJ

Baroli

Again what I believe.

Briar Rose

You will not have a short life if you read Tarot cards for free.

flyingphoenix

The crowned one said:
I think the answer here is every reading you do in good faith is a good reading, and if you forward one persons life in all your readings your karma improved. Anything done with good faith or intentions builds karma, even if the results or outcome are not positive every time from CPR to Advice, it is the intentions that are measured not the outcome...mind you positive outcomes gives us that positive feedback and that is instant gratification that makes us feel great. I do not know if it counts in the big picture but it sure helps in the small.
Thank you. I shall write down your reply in my diary.
Actually, there's a long story behind my question. One of my family friends is lying in the hospital, paralyzed. He was a very good palm reader and did lots of free reading for his friends. His mentor used to warn him not to read for others before his sixties, but he didn't listen. So some of my family members believe his illness is the consequence of his free palm reading. I guess he may have the same wrong idea in his mind, too. I wish I can talk to him in the future and tell him that his illness is not the consequence of his free palm reading. This information may help him to gain peace in his heart.

flyingphoenix

Kenny said:
unless you mean that you will help people and let God judge those who do not treat your gift in the manner it was given.
Hehe, that's exactly what I mean.

willowfox

flyingphoenix said:
Just few days ago, one of my relatives told me that if I kept reading for my other friends for free, my life would be shorter than it suppose to be (by another word, free reading will shorten my life).

I would strongly suspect the person is pulling your leg but if they are serious, then it is their life that is getting so much shorter each time they talk such nonsense.

If you can help another in need, whether they are animals or people, then do your very best to help them. Money will make you rich but it might not bring you the happiness that you wanted. Satisfaction comes from a job well done, so go mingle with the crowds.

Mitzy

I was told when I started to read, by several different people, that you MUST take a payment, even a token payment and that part of it must be either silver or gold. No one ever said what happened if you didn't get paid, but yeah, I think the idea was that is was along the lines of a curse on the person you were reading for, not the reader.
I think it just an old thing started by circus folk to make sure they got paid!! I read for free all the time and especially did before I was proficient. I am really old, so there must not be much to worry about!!