Future of Relationship = The World, clarified by 3 of Cups

Pique Dame

How would you interpret The World as the near future of a potential relationship when clarified by 3 of Cups? 3 of Cups has traditionally been my "just friends" card. But The World means the end of one phase and moving into a new phase, so would you see this as the end of being just friends and beginning a new, happy phase as something more? Or would you say the potential relationship will end before it even starts, and the 2 will remain in each other's friend zone? Or perhaps this reading is extremely short-sighted and it's showing the 2 people coming together in the immediate future for a really fun date/outing, but nothing relationship-wise becomes solidified just yet.

Amanda

I would say, maybe the friend-zone thing?

What sticks out to me about these cards are that they both relate to the number 3. They kind of connect on a 'social circle' level... you know because the World is an enclosed kind of circle, and then the 3 of Cups also has to do with social/friend "circles" so to speak.. groups and cliques, etc.

Michael Sternbach

Enjoying a fun time with one another. That's what I see in that combo, nothing more and nothing less.

Pique Dame

I would say, maybe the friend-zone thing?

What sticks out to me about these cards are that they both relate to the number 3. They kind of connect on a 'social circle' level... you know because the World is an enclosed kind of circle, and then the 3 of Cups also has to do with social/friend "circles" so to speak.. groups and cliques, etc.

Oh, the number 3! Of course! I wish I could remember the other cards in the reading (I was drunk when I did it so I didn't have the wherewithal to write it down, even though I usually do) but I do remember the gist of the entire spread being very positive. I'll have to research the number 3 a little more in depth.

Pique Dame

Enjoying a fun time with one another. That's what I see in that combo, nothing more and nothing less.

So not so much the trajectory of the relationship itself, just showing what lies immediately ahead (e.g. a happy hour with friends).

Thunder

I would support Amanda about the friend-zone thing. There is something very possitive about this cards though: because the world means beginning of a new stage, pehaps this stage begins when the person who wants something more than a friendship realizes he can't have this. Three of cups is well ... three so there is some chance about love triangle too, something like X likes Z but Z likes Y. And Y? Nobody knows what would Y do.

headincloud

World, 3C

Hi in isolation I'd read it completion of the relationship as it stands and lack of development beyond that but the other cards may throw a different light. 3C could be a celebration in the near future, he's not returning from travel or absence by any chance?

Michael Sternbach

So not so much the trajectory of the relationship itself, just showing what lies immediately ahead (e.g. a happy hour with friends).

Happy hours - possibly but not necessarily always together with friends - that seems to be the prevalent future theme of the relationship. A fun relationship, so to speak!

Pique Dame

Hi in isolation I'd read it completion of the relationship as it stands and lack of development beyond that but the other cards may throw a different light. 3C could be a celebration in the near future, he's not returning from travel or absence by any chance?
No, not returning from travel. The relationship as it stands hasn't started yet so what I'm trying to decipher here is if it ever will. In the past, The World represented the end of a phase but not the end of the relationship (that was more of a Death/Tower card) and it's always been something happy.

I would support Amanda about the friend-zone thing. There is something very possitive about this cards though: because the world means beginning of a new stage, pehaps this stage begins when the person who wants something more than a friendship realizes he can't have this. Three of cups is well ... three so there is some chance about love triangle too, something like X likes Z but Z likes Y. And Y? Nobody knows what would Y do.
I don't believe there's a love triangle in play here. Yes, I agree the cards seem positive, so it doesn't look like anyone's going to be feeling wronged or getting their heart broken. Whatever happens, it'll be good at least.

Happy hours - possibly but not necessarily always together with friends - that seems to be the prevalent future theme of the relationship. A fun relationship, so to speak!
I have a feeling this reading is for a rather short-term projection. But, fun does seem like the theme here and I'm guessing it will be had by both.

Michael Sternbach

I have a feeling this reading is for a rather short-term projection. But, fun does seem like the theme here and I'm guessing it will be had by both.

That this is about a short-term development is also possible, of course, depending on the nature of the relationship; I guess, you are the one who can tell that best.

By the way, I don't understand why people always start talking about a triangle relationship as soon as a "three" comes up; it could imply that under certain circumstances, but more often, it doesn't.