Gifted one of my old decks.

Shadow wolf1214

Well, today i gifted one of my first tarot decks to my sister. She has an interest in the cards in general, and i figured giving her one of my decks would be able to help her out in her life right now as she goes through struggles. It felt very...emotional when i gave it to her, as this was the deck i started my own journey on. It feels good to be able to start my sister on her own life journey through tarot, and i will be sure to forward this forum to her. Anyone else have any stories like this?

Btw, the deck i gave her is the Llewellyn tarot.

Sulis

I love giving people decks :). It feels really good.
I hope your sister likes her new deck.

Jaqueline

I have never given a deck, but have received one recently. My friend had a serious heart attack, & I think it has changed him in some ways, made him more aware, more appreciative. Don't know if I would like using a "second hand" deck unless it was given by a friend or relative, which makes it special. I'm sure your sister was touched by your generosity.

And, the artwork in the Llewellyn is gorgeous!

tarotberry

I love playing tarot matchmaker! I seem to buy decks in spurts and even though AT posts reviews and images...sometimes when the deck finally comes in the mail it just doestn't resonate. Rather than let them sit on the shelf, I've recently passed on a Russian Tarot of St Petersburg, a Vanessa and a Paulina to people who were interested. Maybe they'll use them, maybe not...I guess I'm trying to promote the spread of tarot! :D

And while I don't think that tarot decks must be given as gifts, I recently purchased one (a Robin Wood) specifically for a friend who wanted to learn. This was special given how well I know her and I've really enjoyed listening to her thoughts as she deciphers the meanings of her new cards.

I guess it comes down to sharing something you love, in the end.

Alta

I have given away a fair number of decks and I always enjoy the process. The best one was to a dear friend a good many years ago. At the time I was using the Osho Zen exclusively and she fell in love. I bought her a copy and she uses it as an oracle, never having learnt tarot. But she loves going through the cards and occasionally drawing one, she says it is helpful and calming and I am so happy about that.

tarotberry

@Alta

Awww...that's such a nice story. :)

irisa

I've given away a couple of decks I've used to people close to me. It just seems so much more meaningful to me than just buying one. But then I'm a fan of pre-loved decks anyway :)

You are braver than me though Shadow wolf - heck just the thought of parting with my first ever deck would reduce me to tears nope I just couldn't do it. :bugeyed:

irisa :)

MareSaturni

I gave away many decks already, even though they are are hard to get here. I happen to be lucky enough to usually have money to buy decks, and I enjoy gifting them to friends who do not have the same conditions as I.

It always makes me feel good to do that! I feel like I'm sending them not just a deck, but a tool that may help them and a gift that may cheer them up in the difficult moments. It's an exchange of energy!

When I was unable to have imported decks, or had a hard time finding a deck I really wanted, friends (and even random people) helped me - I love returning the favor to the universe!

nisaba

I never sell decks. I rarely indeed part with decks at all - but when I do, it's a gift. A very special gift.

Sinduction

I love going through people's wish lists on here to play tarot fairy. :D It has happened to me so many times that I just like to give back. It feels good.

I've yet to gift one to anyone in person because none of my friends are interested. I'm hoping I eventually find someone to leave my collection to.