Freaky Tarot dream anyone?

wytchwood

I had the freakiest dream last night. It started as people queuing in a 'dole' office (it's been 10 years since I've signed on!) but there was another section to the left where people were not queuing to sort out their dole claims, but to have their cards read by this guy. He had longish thick dark hair and was sat at one of the counters reading cards for people. After the queue (which was out the door) had died down, I went in for a reading. He had finished, but said he would do mine anyway. He was obviously a natural psychic as he told me many mundane facts from my everyday life which he couldn't have got from the cards in such detail.

At some point I paid him (dropped a few pound coins into his peg bag he had hanging up). then, when I thought that was the end of it, all the cards he had laid out became like a mandala and warped into 3D, and the two of us went into the astral realm together through the mandala. He then proceeded to show me many things, including all aspects of my life and stuff like a fly on the wall perspective. I've unfortunately forgotten much of this part of the dream.

I woke up wondering if I had met someone real, or if that was a guide of some sort. He was really human-seeming, obviously quite advanced spiritually, possibly even a 'master-man' or enlightened one, but a bit too real in a way to be just the stuff of dreams.

Anyone had similar experiences???

Zoe

Alta

That is way past any dream that I have ever experienced. Not sure what it was, but definitely of an extraordinary nature.

Elnor

That is an amazing dream!

Your description of the 'dole' office for some reason made me think of the section where they do psychic and Tarot readings at the big BodyMindSpirit festival in London... it's a bit 'dole office-ish' looking, and people do queue up...(quite long queues, sometimes) and it's on the left-hand side of the building.

elnor

wytchwood

lol, that made me chuckle! I'll have to go there some day to see if it's like the place in my dream!

The dream has stayed with me throughout the day, and I can still feel the essence of it. The tarot guide guy is still fresh in my mind now, which is very unusual for me, I forget all my dreams straight away. However, when I have a full-on one like this (rare!), it's like I have the scent of it on me afterwards, like the lingering smell of incense long after it was burnt.

WW

memries

He could represent the other side of you. The person you will become in your effort to understand and interpret spiritual things. Not saying it is so, just an idea that came to me.

I find it very interesting that the cards became a mandala which you went through. It would strike me that the dream was very otherworldly and definitely a message for you on several levels.

Mandalas are very hard for me to understand although I have read about them and studied them to not much avail. To dream of one would seem very exotic indeed. Write down everything you remember and then meditate and try to bring back and add to it. It seems as if it would be wonderful for you to know.

lilangel09

The closest dream I had that had the same effect on me in short was a teenage shinigami(death god) that asked me if I wanted to pursue a life where I just settle for normal, or follow my own path. It made me think since in my dream, after some thinking, I said I'd like to be 'normal.' Whether it was a guide or my higherself, it did give me something to consider.

wytchwood

memries said:
He could represent the other side of you. The person you will become in your effort to understand and interpret spiritual things. Not saying it is so, just an idea that came to me.

I find it very interesting that the cards became a mandala which you went through. It would strike me that the dream was very otherworldly and definitely a message for you on several levels.

Mandalas are very hard for me to understand although I have read about them and studied them to not much avail. To dream of one would seem very exotic indeed. Write down everything you remember and then meditate and try to bring back and add to it. It seems as if it would be wonderful for you to know.

That's a really interesting idea you've presented there, Memries, thanks. I think I will take your advice and do a meditation to try to bring more back, or shed some light on it. I had actually used what I call my 'brain machine' that evening, which may account for the deep dream, it's a sound and light machine which entrains the brain to lower frequencies such as those in deep meditation. I'm not good with the science, but it works very well and saves me having to find time, space and quiet to meditate sometimes- all those are hard to come by in my house!

I like your idea that he could be a part of myself/ other self, in Buddhism there's the concept of sakti- the female self of a man- who is joined with as part of the enlightenment process, I'm not sure about the female equivalent though.

Zoe

Zoe

marablu

Hi wytchwood,

your dream sounds amazing! I don't really have any ideas about what it could have meant, but perhaps the whole point of it was to make you wonder and think and look into the significance of tarot and spirituality in general in your life. In any case, it's a very special dream, and perhaps you may be more gifted, in spiritual terms, than even you thought. :)

I'm also rather intrigued by the machine you mention in your latest post. How did you come by it? Does it have a proper name (rather than 'brain machine')? :) I'm also having trouble finding the space and the peace and quiet required for meditation, so this machine sounds like a life-saver! Any infomation you could give me on this would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks!

marablu

wytchwood

Oooh, some interest in my 'brain machine' eh? Well, it's commonly called 'light and sound machine' , 'mind machine' or 'meditation machine', and there are lots of different models. Basically, the idea is that your brain waves can be entrained to alter the frequency and, for example, take you from a Beta (waking) state into an Alpha or Delta or even Theta state, basically it can "take your brain to another dimension" (if you heard that in a smirf voice a la Prodigy, all the better!) Binaural beats is one prong of attack. When you hear a tone of one frequency (say 50hz) in one ear, and a different tone in the other ear (say 60hz), you will hear a third tone which will be the frequency of the difference between the two (in this case 10hz) and your brain will try to entrain to this frequency (fascinating stuff!). Anyway, it's true, you can hear a third note which isn't really there! On the other prong there's the flashy lights. I'm sure there's some science for this as well, but being a musician, the ear-hole side of things makes more sense to me!

Mine is a Proteus, I forget the maker's name, synetic systems or something, they used to make the 'mindlab' which was very well known and very expensive, but technology being how it is, the newer machines are more advanced, much cheaper, and smaller than a tape walkman. Mine was a modestly priced (£120) model, but there is a cheaper one by the same company called the 'Sirius' (about £89), but as the Proteus had so many improved features in comparison with the cheaper ones I went for it, and I do think it was worth it. You may be able to get an Ebay bargain, but I would highly recommend the Proteus. The good quality headphones produce rich synth sounds including binaural beats, and the 'glasses' (lol) have two colours of LEDs, so can produce a mesmerizing array of colourful patterns behind your closed eyelids. Also, it is expandable and you can download sessions for it or write your own with the free software you can download for it. Well, it really does change your brainwaves, I can vouch for it. After a 25 minute session, I have to focus on something if I want to make use of the deeper brain state, otherwise I would easily doze off. There are 50 different programs for different stuff.

Anyway, here's the link to the place where I got mine. It was free next day delivery, and they have a range of machines. They are helpful if you need advice and they offer a free weekly course on using it into the deal. I think they accept Paypal as well.

http://www.meditations-uk.com/

Otherwise, as you're in Greece, if you can't get postage to your country, I'm sure you will find somewhere else that sells them!

Let me know if you decide to get one!! And feel free to ask if you want to know anything else. Also, if you do get one off ebay, I'd be happy to pass on the course material for you (naughty I know, but hey.)

Zoe

jayem

wow, that sounds like an intense dream...
i never get dreams that intense with tarot, but some of them are very strange. lately ive been doing readings before i go to bed (it really calms me down) and ill have dreams where im doing a spread. a couple of days ago, i dreamt i was doing a general outlook spread for myself, and all the sudden i put down the king of cups, the magician, and the lovers, and i felt this intense feeling of falling. it was really kind of scary. my eyes were closed in the dream, so i could only see black but it felt like i was just free-falling and there was never going to be a stop. the only way i can describe it, is if youve ever been bungee jumping, or on a really crazy roller coaster. then suddenly i had this intense feeling of being sucked back up. i actually awoke right after this.